High School Middle School Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 2, 2012
Hello, I posted in the rec thread but theres little to no traffic there.
I was just curious if anyone knew what judges prefer as far as difficulty scores for stunts.

-Twist up to Halfs
or
-Straight up fulls ?

I have 3 stunt groups 1 of which can actually twist up full.. its the other two I am trying to figure out :)

Any help would be appreciated!

I'm confused on your wording. Are you asking between a half up or full up, if so I would think a full up. If you are asking about going straight up and a full down and doing a half up with a straight craddle, I would think a full down but forgive me I don't know middle school scoring so I could be wrong.

I'm confused on your wording. Are you asking between a half up or full up, if so I would think a full up. If you are asking about going straight up and a full down and doing a half up with a straight craddle, I would think a full down but forgive me I don't know middle school scoring so I could be wrong.

Sorry, Ive got weird lingo lol

lemme try again :p
Option 1: 1/2 twist up to prep
Option 2: Straight up full extension

I just am curious which one judges would score more on difficulty and execution on :)

I'm not sure what scoresheet you're on, but middle school is typically scored the same as high school.

My guess is that whichever is performed better and executed correctly will score more. If your half up to prep is shaky or the bases move then a solid extension would score better. Same is true for a shaky extension with bad technique.

If only one group can do the half up to prep, then I would put them in the center. Teach them to do a half up prep, then bump up to extension. Have the two outside groups do their extensions, so they all end up in an extension.

I would have all 3 do 1/2 up to prep and immediately bump up to extensions! You could also do 1/2 up prep straight bump down or rewind down then back up to ext as a sequence?

Back