All-Star Midwest Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 27, 2014
Hello Fierceboard,

I need your help with some research into cheerleading and recent success stories. Unfortunately for those of you outside the midwest this will be a relatively boring topic. I'm curious about who the under the radar teams and gyms are that do well at competitions and are moving up are? Everyone knows Green Bay Elite, and Midwest Xplosion is starting to make a name for itself, but who else in the area is kicking butt at competitions? Who is making it to Summit and Worlds often, who is growing, where do people like to cheer? Where are the gyms that make competing fun?

I look forward to your thoughts! Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa are the places I'm most curious about but you don't have to limit the conversation to that

Vizion from Michigan did really well in their first year at worlds, Elite Cheer Michigan had several successful teams and a y4 that went to the summit.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Wisconsin- Heat Athletics, Madtown Twisters, now Fury Athletics of Madison and Royalty Athletics--I think they're only a 3rd or 4th year gym but they really impress me! Oh and also Cheer Wisconsin!

ETA: out of the listed above only Heat has a level 5 and their small senior (last year small coed) Firestorm usually does pretty well. I believe the got 8th place in 2012? I like Royalty has a restricted 5 this year? I think Rockstar Athletics also has an R5 this year. Not sure on the other gyms teams for this season.

Last edited:
Madtown Twisters! Love them. Allstar Rebels always has good lower level teams. Royalty is great also.

I am from Missouri but grew up going to summer camp in Minnesota....and all star cheer (at least then, 06-09) wasn't as well known...are there any gyms in the twin city area now?

Hello Fierceboard,

I need your help with some research into cheerleading and recent success stories. Unfortunately for those of you outside the midwest this will be a relatively boring topic. I'm curious about who the under the radar teams and gyms are that do well at competitions and are moving up are? Everyone knows Green Bay Elite, and Midwest Xplosion is starting to make a name for itself, but who else in the area is kicking butt at competitions? Who is making it to Summit and Worlds often, who is growing, where do people like to cheer? Where are the gyms that make competing fun?

I look forward to your thoughts! Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa are the places I'm most curious about but you don't have to limit the conversation to that

Why all the states surrounding Illinois but not Illinois?

Madtown Twisters! Love them. Allstar Rebels always has good lower level teams. Royalty is great also.

They are Fury Athletics now, but yes. They're awesome. They win some pretty big competitions to be not a big name.

@mollymags I'm guessing because he is looking for unknown gyms (or lesser known at least) and most people know the Illinois gyms? Pretty sure he's from a uniform company - probably looking for marketing reasons.

Illinois won't be helpful because one, everyone knows all the gyms here, and two, GK seems to have Illinois on lock.

Why all the states surrounding Illinois but not Illinois?
I noticed that too! (Maybe because I'm from Illinois...) I'm guessing because of ICE already having a world champ team and I think a Summit title? I can't remember. And UA is also here. And there's not much else here outside of AAU. CIA, Monticello Dance and Gym (only because it's close and there are posters around my school), and Team Illinois are the only ones I know off the top of my head

I noticed that too! (Maybe because I'm from Illinois...) I'm guessing because of ICE already having a world champ team and I think a Summit title? I can't remember. And UA is also here. And there's not much else here outside of AAU. CIA, Monticello Dance and Gym (only because it's close and there are posters around my school), and Team Illinois are the only ones I know off the top of my head

Madtown is now Fury? But what about their uniform?? I love that uniform!

TI is great. I was drawing a blank on IL teams honestly but there are quite a few good smaller gyms.

And ICE has 2 summit titles currently. Passion (back to back) and 4cast. :cool:

:eek: Illinois has a LOT more than that! We may have the drama, but we do have good gyms to go with it.

Cheer command, XForce, Legendary Premier, Allstar Rebels, Illinois Allstars to start. There are millions of gyms up here.

Madtown is now Fury? But what about their uniform?? I love that uniform!

Yes. They were in a gymnastics gym, under their old name. They've moved out into their own building (yay!!!!!) and are now Fury Athletics Madison (or "of Madison" - not sure). Same program director and coaches, so same awesomeness. I've loved both of their past 2 uniforms, so I'm sure they will still have a great one. Maybe similar to last year's? (I have no factual info on that... just guessing because it was new and beautiful)

Back