Mini 1 Vs Tiny 1 Skills

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If your gym would allow her to cross between T1 and Y1 that may be a good option for her. Her T1 invitation may be based on the experience you have previously mentioned. T1 can help her develop leadership skills while Y1 can help her athletically. There are two sides to an athlete (Human characteristics like leadership/ Athletic ability). Your daughter still has many cheer years ahead of her take advantage of all learning opportunities.

My friend told me (the same friend I talked about like a week ago) told me she was placed on S2 instead of 4.2 or 3 because the coaches told her that he wanted her to be a leader on the team. Maybe same thing in this situation?

My little was mini eligible last year and was moved to a junior 1 team to fly (she did M1 the year prior and they didn't have a M1 the next year, but did have a Y1)---it was a disaster. I would not age her up from a tiny to a youth---there is a whole lot more to a routine than just tumbling and her time on Tiny's will be invaluable in the future. As a mature child (I've got one so I know how that goes) it'll only help her hone her leadership skills while building her confident in every other area of the sport. Let her be little. If I could go back in time, I would have ripped mine out of J1 and left the gym or more forcefully demand that she be moved to Y1. I didn't make that call and she has quit the sport after being pulled from the season earlier.

Back