High School Missing Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The message was along the lines of "I may have them, I left whatever I had at this location." Really weird! We ended up getting them and of course we are one short! Lol that's my luck, but having 16 full uniforms is better then having none! Thank you everyone for your ideas!!
You might be able to find a local seamstress to make the one to match. We have had success with that in the past, and there have been times when things are impossible to match, so you just have to call someone and get them to take a look.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I am going to guess that most districts/schools do a purchase order to buy uniforms. (Unless, the girls buy the uniforms and they keep them.) A coach keeping the uniforms would be stealing.

Varsity should be able to send out one uniform pretty quick and looks like school won't have an issue purchasing one! Pretty crazy with the cryptic message though! Who wants to hang on to cheer uniforms? Creepy!! Good luck :)

I don't know what would posses the woman to keep the uniforms. I don't know why they wouldn't call the cops on her other then it's a small town and they didn't want her to get into too much trouble. The AD says he called her at least a dozen times, so did the captains, I called once but it wasn't till a parent of one of the moms texted her saying how upset the girls would be if they didn't have uniforms did she answer back.

Up until now the cheerleading team had no place to store any of their stuff. Hopefully this changes. It's my first year with this school so I am doing my best to make sure cheer gets everything equal as the other sports. First thing was a space for the cheer program to store everything!

I'm laughing but this is actually a good idea. I've heard of cases similar to this, in which a coach asks for tons of $$$ for uniforms, but the uniforms never arrive. Then the coach leaves, financial records are off, number aren't adding up and the parents and school decide to investigate, only to find that the coach took the money. I'm not trying to make assumptions here, but this situation sounds familiar.
Funny, my junior year each cheerleader had to pay $400 out of pocket for our new varsity uniform. That we did not get to keep because the school owns them. :rolleyes: there was also a lot of other things that didn't add up- she made us each give her $30 cash to get us supplies for the homecoming pep rally (was supposed to be a certain pair of track shorts and a tank) we ended up getting a plain white hanes tshirt and no shorts, and our coach claimed "she spent all of the money we gave her on it and she even had to pay some out of her own pocket"... My mom also paid my $200 fee at the beginning of the season in cash (she doesn't use checks) and my coach "lost" it on 2 or 3 different occasions.. my mom finally said she wasn't going to pay it again because it was ridiculous... i even had a receipt written by her and she claimed i forged it... once the new coach got all of the financial records, we were so deep in debt in our cheer account when everyone paid in full for everything... needless to say she was not our coach the next season ;)

Funny, my junior year each cheerleader had to pay $400 out of pocket for our new varsity uniform. That we did not get to keep because the school owns them. :rolleyes: there was also a lot of other things that didn't add up- she made us each give her $30 cash to get us supplies for the homecoming pep rally (was supposed to be a certain pair of track shorts and a tank) we ended up getting a plain white hanes tshirt and no shorts, and our coach claimed "she spent all of the money we gave her on it and she even had to pay some out of her own pocket"... My mom also paid my $200 fee at the beginning of the season in cash (she doesn't use checks) and my coach "lost" it on 2 or 3 different occasions.. my mom finally said she wasn't going to pay it again because it was ridiculous... i even had a receipt written by her and she claimed i forged it... once the new coach got all of the financial records, we were so deep in debt in our cheer account when everyone paid in full for everything... needless to say she was not our coach the next season ;)

That is really a shame! Coaches do not handle money at our school, however we had issues with person handling our account a few seasons ago and we ended up in debt. Felt awful for parents because a handful had lost money because of it. Now we have a great system in place and are in a really great place financially. Recording EVERYTHING that team pays for is key. There should be an open record of payments/items that are purchased for them. Our girls/parents receive a monthly statement.

I would contact the old coach or have the director contact the old coach in a professional manner.

You get meet in person, call or email. But always remember to rationally explain why you need the uniforms back. They're aren't a lot of cheer companies that will customize orders and have them shipped in two or three weeks. Especially, not a decent looking uniform.

If you can't get in contact with the prior coach between now and the end of the week, you could have them wear appropriate soffee shorts with the school main color and then a white soils fitted t-shirt with a basic bow, and white shoes.

I know it's not much, but it's better then having nothing at all. Decent practice wear with not much customizing is more likely to ship in two weeks then multiple uniforms.

@Fierce_Elite you really need to read the whole thread before you post. It's one of the main rules in the newbie section for a reason. The OP already got ahold of the old coach and everything has been solved. I know everyone has given you lots of advice about posting here, but maybe taking a step back and reading the newbie rules again would help you out in the future.

@Fierce_Elite you really need to read the whole thread before you post. It's one of the main rules in the newbie section for a reason. The OP already got ahold of the old coach and everything has been solved. I know everyone has given you lots of advice about posting here, but maybe taking a step back and reading the newbie rules again would help you out in the future.
Omg

You had to pay for them (and a lot of $$ too) and then they belonged to the school? There was something seriously wrong going on there. I'm assuming the AD was informed since that coach is no longer coaching, but was there ever any attempt to recoup any of the money spent on goods not delivered?

We had one of the owners from our first gym arrested for embezzlement. She claimed all the time to have not reviewed payment for things, and if you paid in cash and didn't have a receipt you were sol. She also claimed clothing and warmups were back ordered when in fact she never even ordered them in the first place. It was a mess.

It sounds to me like a bunch of people have the wrong idea about what it means to be a cheer coach, and see the position as an opportunity to steal money. That's the only way in which I can explain the frequency of things like this.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like a bunch of people have the wrong idea about what it means to be a cheer coach, and see the position as an opportunity to steal money. That's the only way in which I can explain the frequency of things like this.
It's not just cheerleading. It's everywhere, but seems to be really prevalent in schools and youth sports. It's a shame that there are so many untrustworthy people in the world. Our school had a few incidents years ago with a few different sports. Our school system has lots of steps and rules in place now to prevent things like this and just the other day there was a huge news story and 2 more people fired for missing money. Sad.

Unfortunately your situation sounds extremely similar to mine, good luck!

Oh no! I hope your situation gets figured out!

Turns out that we did get our uniforms from the old coach like I mentioned earlier- but now that school has started and the girls have heard there is a coach with experience not just a mom helping out there are a lot more girls wanting to be on the team! So we now have 22 on the team and only 17 uniforms! We are going to get some polo tops and skirts in coordinating colors for the additional girls so that they can all have some sort of a uniform! It will look odd for this year but what are you going to do?! This is the biggest team in the schools history!

Back