Most Hated Stunt?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 1, 2012
for base e flyer!

my role is base...stunt i dont like at all is shoulder sit, first because i suffer some back/neck pain, second because i think it's boring...

you?

I hate basing suspended forward rolls (not exactly sure what you call them- basically the flyer bends her knees, holds the backspots hands and does a 3/4 front flip into cradle). Give me show n goes any day ;)

I hate basing suspended forward rolls (not exactly sure what you call them- basically the flyer bends her knees, holds the backspots hands and does a 3/4 front flip into cradle). Give me show n goes any day ;)
I hate those too. Especially Whirleys, as we call them. Same skill but the backspot spins the girl before she his the cradle

180 front falls. I have to go from backspot to base to catch her and it never seems to land easy. Plus half the time flyers freak out and just start flailing

I hate shoulder stands, they are killers on a base and just lack any type of creativity. Also for high school girls I hate the teddy bear stunt, just seems a little inappropriate on several different levels.

Hahaha. I saw the name of this thread and immediately thought SHOULDER STANDS and had to reply. You beat me to it, but touche! :)

I hate baskets in general. Every single position scares the crap out of me. I spazz out flying in them, I don't toss as high as the other base when basing them, and backing them is just horrifying.
Then don't cheer in college. Oh my stars, basket tosses are scary as... heck :rolleyes:
When people start flipping... flyers better COMMIT to a skill, otherwise it's scarycity.
Last year a girl was doing a layout basket and freaked out when she was upside-down and she started like diving at the ground and her feet were headed to my face and somebody screamed. We caught her and no one was hurt, but we were seriously shaken up.
So now trying new flipping baskets... I always get super nervous. But I don't let it show, I just pray that the flyer commits! So far so good, this season ;)

Back