All-Star Motivational Speech By Tate Of Nfinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got to see this speech live Friday and I must say I was inspired and shocked!!
What this man is going to do for us shows how much loves he has for this sport, coaches, and gym owners. I can't wait to see what happens!!

Ok so watching and thinking:

If everyone in the SC / NC area participates then this idea has teeth and can take hold. If everyone decides, no matter what, in the area, that no one will break rank and go to Worlds then the gyms in these states have a lot of power.

However if even one gym decides to go to Worlds while the others don't, they would immediately have a huge advantage over all the others and possibly attract the best athletes.

Like a nice game of Prisoner's Dilema
Prisoner's dilemma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure what you mean. I was there and nobody discussed boycotting Worlds. Or at least not in front of me lol.

I guess I'm confused by some of the conversation above too..

BUT I will say this-getting into competitions is SUCH a great idea for Nfinity... With Jamfest and Varsity being a sometimes less than stellar option for many programs, Nfinity provides a new option. Right now, I think it is very much needed. I feel like Nfinity is a stand up brand with a great reputation, and I would have total confidence they could provide a fun, worthwhile, and fair competition. Love love love it.

I'm interested in hearing what coaches/gym owners think about the idea's Tate spoke about. Anybody willing to throw some thoughts out here for discussion? What were the points that you think are realistic? Which points do you feel are unrealistic?

And thank you King for your thoughts on it. Off to read about Prisoner's Dilemma.

Thank you CoachTamara and Scott!

Maybe I'm just confused then. What was he saying everyone was scared of, should stop worrying about stealing each others kids about? Just a new competition run by Nfinity? That's fine. If someone runs a great event the more the merrier. I was under the impression it was more than a rallying cry to go to a new comp. anyone help me out and explain it?

I was super interested in his thoughts on the future of our sport and what it will be if we don't stop the tides of unnessary change.

Also I'm am curious if he is calling for another governing body to rise up so that we can reintroduce choice and competition back into the marketplace...

I'm interested in hearing what coaches/gym owners think about the idea's Tate spoke about. Anybody willing to throw some thoughts out here for discussion? What were the points that you think are realistic? Which points do you feel are unrealistic?

And thank you King for your thoughts on it. Off to read about Prisoner's Dilemma.

Thank you CoachTamara and Scott!

Are you talking about the profit sharing thing?

I'm on the fence to be honest... To me, it's the same as a rebate or discount, and really it doesn't impact me much. But, I am a small gym. I will never see enough "profit" to really change my mind about anything... Do I use the Varsity rebate? Yes, but it's so minimal that it really does nothing for my gym but cover a few kids that quit before paying off a uniform or something like that.
I am realistic in knowing that Jamfest, Varsity, or really anything associated with cheer is not going to cater to me or my gym. We are small, and we will probably always be small due to our location. Realistically, we will probably never ever have a program with over 100 kids in it, no matter how hard I try. I have never received a discount or any "perk" and I probably never will.... So profit sharing to me is a non-factor.
There are people making money in this industry, and I am not one. For those people, I think they will love it. I'm not trying to be "woe is me" but I understand that I am not a power player in the cheer industry and I never will be because I am small. The competitions I go to will never matter to the EP, and my thoughts and ideas will never be heard because I am not important and I can't speak with my money. For me, I love that a company I consider pretty stand up is going to hopefully host a competition that I can attend and enjoy. That's my main thing, but I would really like to hear what others have to say.

Let me re-watch before I comment on the other stuff, I only caught it between classes yesterday quickly...

If I lived near there and not in Idaho I would support this event. Everything that Nfinity and ASGA is trying to do is very much needed. My favorite part was how he couldn't even keep a straight face when he was talking the regulating of bow size.

Are you talking about the profit sharing thing?

I'm on the fence to be honest... To me, it's the same as a rebate or discount, and really it doesn't impact me much. But, I am a small gym. I will never see enough "profit" to really change my mind about anything... Do I use the Varsity rebate? Yes, but it's so minimal that it really does nothing for my gym but cover a few kids that quit before paying off a uniform or something like that.
I am realistic in knowing that Jamfest, Varsity, or really anything associated with cheer is not going to cater to me or my gym. We are small, and we will probably always be small due to our location. Realistically, we will probably never ever have a program with over 100 kids in it, no matter how hard I try. I have never received a discount or any "perk" and I probably never will.... So profit sharing to me is a non-factor.
There are people making money in this industry, and I am not one. For those people, I think they will love it. I'm not trying to be "woe is me" but I understand that I am not a power player in the cheer industry and I never will be because I am small. The competitions I go to will never matter to the EP, and my thoughts and ideas will never be heard because I am not important and I can't speak with my money. For me, I love that a company I consider pretty stand up is going to hopefully host a competition that I can attend and enjoy. That's my main thing, but I would really like to hear what others have to say.

Let me re-watch before I comment on the other stuff, I only caught it between classes yesterday quickly...

I love discussing things with myself, so I'll continue on... Haha

Most of the same stuff I said above applies to everything else he said. I AM afraid for our industry-I will come out and say it. I think it's a huge mess, but again, I am not an impact player.
My money is not enough to dictate change in policies. I can say "forget company ABC, I don't like them" and never go back again, and they will never miss my 50 kids. I've done it and guess what has happened? Nothing. No company has ever called, asking why I didn't return to their competition. If I were an EP, that's the first thing I would be doing, but alas, I'm not and unless someone wants to put me in charge, it probably won't happen anytime soon. :)
I know this is backwards thinking, but I'm throwing it out there because I assume it is the thinking that most small gym owners have. If every small gym came together as one voice to make a change they would be forced to listen... but really? That's my competition. I don't know them, I can't "rally the troops" to get stuff done. And I don't think it's realistic to think small gyms are going to do this... Because let's have some real talk here-I am a super involved coach/owner. I spend my day watching videos, analyzing rules, getting info from fierceboard, etc., because I LOVE cheerleading. I love it, and I want my kids to love it as much as I do. But, I know I am the exception. There are some other small gym coaches on here, but when you think about alllll the gyms out there, most of them are nowhere to be found. They don't want to be involved, and don't want to give opinions and ruffle feathers-they want to go to competition, get first against no other teams, and go home at the end of the day.

Bottom line is this-I think the industry is out of control. It's too big to suddenly try and implement rules and changes and get a governing body... There are too many hands in the pot. But, I think the big gyms are going to be the ones that dictate any major changes because THEY are the ones with all the control.

Back