Moving Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 16, 2015
I am moving to North Carolina to be a part of the new Cheer Athletics, and I have always been a part of the under dog gym, and I never really tried out for a team before. I just want to know can anyone tell me what a tryout is like?

I am moving to North Carolina to be a part of the new Cheer Athletics, and I have always been a part of the under dog gym, and I never really tried out for a team before. I just want to know can anyone tell me what a tryout is like?
Registration is online and the sooner you register the less you pay. I can't speak to what they'll look like this year but last year they were in small groups, it was fun for the kids and very encouraging from the staff. They are closed tryouts to family/spectators. Typical assessments in jumps, tumbling and dance/routine choreography but they did it in a fun way. Had a little mini routine they did that we heard lots of cheering and laughing and clapping through the door for. There are also options for private tryouts that have a different fee schedule. I'd suggest calling the gym and asking the staff for specifics if you want more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are at the Plano gym, and like @12stepCheermom said, tryouts are fun with lots of encouragement from the staff. They are actually more of a skills evaluation than an actual "tryout". They try very hard to place everyone that "tries out" on a team. CP enjoys the tryout sessions, she never feels stressed. The windows are covered so I can't tell you exactly what goes on but I always hear lots of positivity and cheering and clapping during the sessions.

Last edited:

We make evaluations/tryouts as low-stress as possible. It is similar to a regular practice or workout where you do various skills in a small group setting. Basically, we just want to see the stuff that the athletes have been working on. If an athlete needs multiple attempts at a skill, they will generally get the opportunity. The coaches will give some feedback and answer any questions that the athletes may have.

People are generally surprised at how friendly and encouraging our overall environment is.

We make evaluations/tryouts as low-stress as possible. It is similar to a regular practice or workout where you do various skills in a small group setting. Basically, we just want to see the stuff that the athletes have been working on. If an athlete needs multiple attempts at a skill, they will generally get the opportunity. The coaches will give some feedback and answer any questions that the athletes may have.

People are generally surprised at how friendly and encouraging our overall environment is.

Funny/cute story... I told my daughter that her dad and I wanted to move to, or at least get a place, out in the Dallas area once she and her brother graduate. Is she worried about moving to a whole other state? Nope. She says to me "omg, yes, then I can super senior at Cheer Athletics!" :D

Latest posts

Back