High School Music - 8 Count Sheet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2009
Hi All!

So this is my first year doing the 8 count sheet for our music (usually the choreographer has done it for us, but with his increased/busy schedule this year he is not including it). Before I go ask him what he usually uses I thought I would as here first!

It's 2:30 of music, any help or examples would be greatly appreciated!

I'm a little confused. Do you have your routine done? Do you need to just let him know what counts go where in the music? (Sound effect on 10th 8 count on the 4th count when we pull our bows?) Just go through your routine. Show where all important parts are. For example: First 2 8 counts, opening stunt. Music is I Want you to Know by Zedd 0:11-0:27 Sound effects on 2nd 8 count on 1 and 4 (stretch, arabesque). Transition 3rd 8 count. 4-8 8 count is standing tumbling. Killing it by Krewella, 0:53-1:23 (or whatever the chorus is).

Make it easy for your music guy. Help him get it done on the fiest try, even if you have unlimited edits. I suggest making something like this. An 8 count chart.

X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I'm a little confused. Do you have your routine done? Do you need to just let him know what counts go where in the music? (Sound effect on 10th 8 count on the 4th count when we pull our bows?) Just go through your routine. Show where all important parts are. For example: First 2 8 counts, opening stunt. Music is I Want you to Know by Zedd 0:11-0:27 Sound effects on 2nd 8 count on 1 and 4 (stretch, arabesque). Transition 3rd 8 count. 4-8 8 count is standing tumbling. Killing it by Krewella, 0:53-1:23 (or whatever the chorus is).

Make it easy for your music guy. Help him get it done on the fiest try, even if you have unlimited edits. I suggest making something like this. An 8 count chart.

X 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Routine will be done on the 5th and then I will send to him! I've usually seen it done on a chart like that on excel, but wanted to make sure that was the "normal" way to do it so I didn't confuse him!

Hi All!

So this is my first year doing the 8 count sheet for our music (usually the choreographer has done it for us, but with his increased/busy schedule this year he is not including it). Before I go ask him what he usually uses I thought I would as here first!

It's 2:30 of music, any help or examples would be greatly appreciated!
Ask your music person if he has his own set of 8 count sheets. Every producer I've worked with has had their own set of sheets to work off of. If he doesn't has his own, there are some online you can use, so that you don't have to start from scratch!

8 count sheet - http://newlevelmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/NLM_8CountSheets2014.pdf

I probably do too much on the sheets, but I would rather them have more info than not enough! For instance I put dip counts, cradle counts, etc. Not just "pull arabesque on 7." This helps them with build up sound effects, and then he ignores anything he doesn't need to know.

Our music guy also has us send in a video, just to help customize our music a little more. Ask if your guy would like a video in addition to the 8-count sheets.

I'm doing some this week. If you want me to share, I can send them over for you to see. I may be able to find some old sheets on my computer too.

Back