Music Help!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 24, 2014
So the beginning of the season is right around the corner for my high school team and this year we are starting our routine early. The other coach and I have already worked out the majority of the routine (except dance, jumps, etc), but we are absolutely stumped when it comes to music this year.

In a very competitive division, we know our team will be out tumbled - that's our weakness, we own it. We usually make up for this with really, really interesting routines with TONS of entertainment and energy. Our girls absolutely know how to work it, we usually have amazing music, and our crowd is always insane. Our routines and spirit are what we are known for, which brings is to this years dilemma ...

The other coach and I are drawing a blank for music this year. We've done just about every theme that isn't painfully cheesy and refuse to just do top 40. We also always try and tie the music into a slogan for shirts, etc, even if it's not a "theme".

We were think about doing something extremely "school spirited" this year, which is something we haven't done in a while. We are the Warriors so we have been looking at songs like Warrior by Ke$ha, etc. It can be a little difficult though because we do NOT want to go too heavy like metal, etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for our music this year? We are open to any ideas or themes.

We are known for unique and entertaining! :)

Have you googled songs that have the word "warrior" in them? I'm going to show my age, but I used to love a song called "Warrior" by Patty Smyth. I know there are other songs with that word in it, too. You could go with a military theme...

Have you googled songs that have the word "warrior" in them? I'm going to show my age, but I used to love a song called "Warrior" by Patty Smyth. I know there are other songs with that word in it, too. You could go with a military theme...
I was thinking of that song too!

If you haven't already done it, I think a military theme would be super cute!

Contact Joe Sweeny at [email protected]..............He helped me create an EXTREMELY unique cheer mix....unlike anything I have ever heard. 2:10 mix, with VOs...AND he created an 8 count mix to practice with...he charged me $100. That's it. He is such a nice guy and will go that extra mile to help out cash poor teams like ours. I had tried doing the mix myself but was not achieving what I was looking for. I called him, sent him the few clips that I had made and in less than 2 weeks BAM my music is ready and he edits things for FREE (with in reason of course)

Back