Music Music With Theme Toys

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 12, 2011
Our team belongs to a big gym which also offers gymnastics, dance and ropeskipping.
In february we need to do a big presentation with all teams. Every team/department get to do about 5 minutes of showing what they've learned to far.
i plan on letting the younger and lower level teams do some stuff together and get the senior competitive teams do the big finale.

the theme of the show is: toys.

so we all need to pick a certain toy and work around it and pick music that fits with it.
any ideas for which toys and which songs fit with it?

only One i can think of is letting the little ones start with barbiegirl and then use some songs like fashionista, although that aint much of a toys theme anymore and on the other hand i dont want to portray ourselves too much as lilttle fashion dolls.

Other toys I can think of there being songs about: Toy soldiers, yo-yos, teddy bears, rag dolls, kites, puppets
I would def do one with a Mix of I'm Your Puppet and Wherever We Go from Gypsy. Could be very cute.

Building Blocks: music (Lego House, build me up buttercup, etc.)
Toy Trains: music ( "jump on the train" etc.)
Toy Cars: music (speed racer theme song, songs about driving/going fast)
Smurfs: music that has a blue theme, the tv or movie soundtracks, etc., team could wear blue hair bows/clothes
Video Games: Techno music, (n'sync "the game is over")
Puzzles: Music= songs about putting the pieces together (Ashley Simpson"pieces of me", Britney Spears "you want a piece of me", etc.) could have cardboard cutout puzzle pieces that get put together into a heart or something at end of routine (similar to pom spell outs but with puzzle pieces. Example: http://www.cheerwiz.com/ap292.htm
Barrel of Monkeys: music with an animal theme, "hey hey we're the monkeys", etc.

Other toys I can think of there being songs about: Toy soldiers, yo-yos, teddy bears, rag dolls, kites, puppets
I would def do one with a Mix of I'm Your Puppet and Wherever We Go from Gypsy. Could be very cute.
Britney Spears had a toy soldier song a while ago that could work for that theme.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back