All-Star My Boyfriend's Back And Youre Gonna Be In Trouble

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Looks like you spend too much time around STDs and strips clubs to me.

Never had one, and never been in one.

Point is, what one person finds offensive and inappropriate, another doesn't.

PS: That was JUNIOR team? Good Lord.....forget fathers hiding their daughters, I'm locking up my sons. Now.

Never had one, and never been in one.

Point is, what one person finds offensive and inappropriate, another doesn't.

PS: That was JUNIOR team? Good Lord.....forget fathers hiding their daughters, I'm locking up my sons. Now.
you're so offending, it's pathetic. bye

Don't worry I checked Google and the Fierceboard Wiki and found nothing about getting an STD from a youtube video so I think you are in the clear.

Don't worry I checked Google and the Fierceboard Wiki and found nothing about getting an STD from a youtube video so I think you are in the clear.

Thanks! I was getting worried. Although, they do say that glitter is the herpes of the craft world. What does that mean for cheer?

you're so offending, it's pathetic. bye

Hmm...confused by this a bit. Here's why: If you are describing me (a noun) you should use the adjective "offensive" (ie: you are so offensive). If you are describing my words or actions, you would use the verb "offend" (ie: Your comments offended me). So which is it? Am I offensive, or are my comments offending?

Hmm...confused by this a bit. Here's why: If you are describing me (a noun) you should use the adjective "offensive" (ie: you are so offensive). If you are describing my words or actions, you would use the verb "offend" (ie: Your comments offended me). So which is it? Am I offensive, or are my comments offending?
yoUz b all Of da above! You prove my point. Get off your pedestal, you are human just like everyone else. Grow up and act your age.

Wow, not only do I feel like I've had a seizure from watching that poor quality video, but I also think I need to be tested for an STD from just watching that. disgusting.

Wow to you. I can't believe the things you've said, remember these are little girls, have a little decency. You can get your point across just fine without being disrespectful. First the little girls dance style is trash & now you may have an STD from a video. Some people will just say what ever the heck they want ... on the internet anyways.

41mThnjfZtL._AA260_.jpg

I was wondering if this gives you an STD too. This is a girl's bathing suit that is sold at Target to a public audience on an everyday basis and I'm pretty sure it is more revealing than anything any cheerleader wears, and those girls wore.

41mThnjfZtL._AA260_.jpg

I was wondering if this gives you an STD too. This is a girl's bathing suit that is sold at Target to a public audience on an everyday basis and I'm pretty sure it is more revealing than anything any cheerleader wears, and those girls wore.

If they were dancing like that in this, yes it would be inappropriate. If they were dancing like that in SNOWSUITS, it would still be inappropriate.

I think that overall:
- These girls are obviously talented dancers and well trained in jazz.
- The combo of the choreography with the neon little dance outfits doesn't do them justice. I know that many dance costumes are tiny spandex to be able to see the lines of the body, but mixed with their choreo it wasn't very tasteful of the dance school.
-The "bend and snap"/rolling on the floor/booty pops are just unneccesary "look at me" moments. It was choreographed over the top to get attention, which it definately does, but I just ask "Why?"......They would still win without the questionable moves and it would be age appropriate. Its like choosing to be on "So you think you can dance" or "Jersey Shore": both can make you famous, but there are more refined ways of getting there than others.

At the end of the day that was someones artistic impression and while maybe I think some of it may be a bit on the fence I still focus on how talented those girls are and how well they move at such a young age...I do believe both of these dances were done in the same dance season and only represent one style of what that amazingly talented studio is capable of...I feel that everyone's view on the board is 90% of the time on the defense rather than being subjective or looking for something positive...

If a routine like this is trained and taught in a safe and appropriate environment where the girls excel and feel like they've accomplished something...than I say MORE POWER TO THEM!!!

ESPECIALLY if these little ones continue training and look like the older dancers from their studio:

Locomotion:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=birYVaIAkeI

Sweet Dreams:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf_D6G0AAFE

The body is capable of doing a move that can be described as "hip thrusting" . . . Dance was created for the body to move . . so why exclude that? If it suggests something, i dunno . . . then maybe it's the receiver's problem coz clearly . .. It's a move. if we analyze things like that, then maybe doing a Heel Stretch would suggest something as well . . since people can see everything under. Think about it . .

Lastly, can we just have atleast one THREAD, where there is absence of DEBATE and ARGUMENT . . ?? Stating opinions without attacking anyone? I did post the videos for the people in Fierceboard to have something aside from the arguments and essay-length comments. . . .so let's just please. . . thank you
I tried to cut down your post for length and so you would know you were quoted without having to read a book, because I anticipate that my final return will be just as long..

If you read both of my previous posts, I mentioned several times that I respect the girls' skills (I think the phrase I used was 'mad talented'). I do- they've got gorgeous turns and body control and lovely flexibility. And they perform like pros. But there are ways to show those skills WITHOUT excess gyrating. Having watched both of the videos that Corey posted, I know that at least in ONE routine done by that studio, their choreographer/teacher is capable of creating something that's age appropriate and shows off their gorgeous skills. Am I completely against a little shimmy and a shake? No. I've done a little wiggle from probably birth lol.

The body is capable of movement. Dance is meant to be a physical expression of emotion and feeling- and the feelings that go along with that degree and type of movement do NOT match with a 7 year old. Yes, the body is meant to move that way- but consider what it's meant for and then reconsider if you want a child doing it? I have danced for years, and I've expressed so many thoughts and emotions through it (got lots of awards for it too). It's something I love, and I hate to see kids suffer from it (and if you've read other posts from people in comments section, those girls are suffering whether they know it or not!)

I do actually blame the choreographer (in my case and theirs), which I've previously stated multiple times. I also didn't respond to some of the things you said because I was afraid I'd play Devil's Advocate in ways that are a bit of a stretch and at times inappropriate for this board. And this board's very foundation is discussion and debate. If you want happy-fun-fluff, I'd post about food. I think it's unanimously the one thing everyone on this board can agree on. Food is delicious. :D

Side note: I was thinking about this yesterday- of the world championship teams here in cheer, how many of them have had dances that were beyond age appropriate, or even a little bit suggestive? I'm even talking in juniors..Not many. They're all surprisingly tasteful and fun without popping out their hip joints lol

To be honest guys, being a dancer and helping out with hundreds of teams at comps, in the end dancers won't cover up for modern. The excuse *which is a valid one* is to show off the placement and lines. They are both important at any age. A 7 year old isn't going to go and make-out with someone because she's wearing a sports bra and shorts on stage kay? Chillax, seriously.

Back