All-Star My Maddie Gardner Photo!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can anyone maybe give the people who missed the deleted post the cliff notes?? Maybe in a PM?
It's hard to recall the entire dialogue, so much was deleted that had nothing to do with the posts that were personally provocative or aggressive. Good, intelligent debate about topics that warrant discussion. Yet other attacks and parries and one-sided comments were left here. Even some posts that were just humorous jest were deleted.

What's sad is that there is a lot of preaching on here about Bullying. But isn't selectively discounting/ignoring/attacking/deleting the thoughts and words of anyone who disagrees with The Popular Crowd the worst form of bullying? Or is bullying only a concern for matters of a sexual nature?

Here's what I recall:
  • Focus on an individual instead of the team in the Media, and the impact on a team when that happens.
  • How the general sports media handles celebrities differently than cheerleading magazines do - that sell you the Cheerlebrity product, using a face as a spokesperson.
  • BAMA and KU, their star players and their championships as presented in the media
  • Why isn't CA featured on the front page of cheer media, post-Worlds?
  • Poison ivy
  • Gun laws and traffic in Texas
  • Awkward chickens
The last three are tongue-in-cheek humor, for the people who were participating.

It's hard to recall the entire dialogue, so much was deleted that had nothing to do with the posts that were personally provocative or aggressive. Good, intelligent debate about topics that warrant discussion. Yet other attacks and parries and one-sided comments were left here. Even some posts that were just humorous jest were deleted.

What's sad is that there is a lot of preaching on here about Bullying. But isn't selectively discounting/ignoring/attacking/deleting the thoughts and words of anyone who disagrees with The Popular Crowd the worst form of bullying? Or is bullying only a concern for matters of a sexual nature?

Here's what I recall:
  • Focus on an individual instead of the team in the Media, and the impact on a team when that happens.
  • How the general sports media handles celebrities differently than cheerleading magazines do - that sell you the Cheerlebrity product, using a face as a spokesperson.
  • BAMA and KU, their star players and their championships as presented in the media
  • Why isn't CA featured on the front page of cheer media, post-Worlds?
  • Poison ivy
  • Gun laws and traffic in Texas
  • Awkward chickens
The last three are tongue-in-cheek humor, for the people who were participating.

Ahh dang, I would have loved to have been there since I have a few issues boiling myself. Maybe not about traffic in texas though. Thank you for filling me in.

DJ I only post for the shimmies :p

Ahh dang, I would have loved to have been there since I have a few issues boiling myself. Maybe not about traffic in texas though. Thank you for filling me in.
This is what led to the dialogue on the number of shimmys. A lot of people who are afraid to post for exactly what happened here, aren't afraid to shimmy someone who does post what's on their mind. It was a shocking insight.

I suspect that this was the most valuable thing lost in this mass deletion. Realization and in-your-face proof that there are a lot of people with thoughts and feelings that they are afraid to post. It even takes some courage to shimmy a post that confronts the typical position.

End of rant. Back to "Who's Gonna Win Worlds".

do you care to coment Admin ?

I find it a little disturbing that the adults posting on this thread are more upset at their posts (shimmies) disappearing than people talking trash about the girl in the picture. Disgusted that some of them were even contributing to the garbage that was being posted.

I edited everything out that did not have to do with Lisa 's beautiful picture because I did not feel her thread should be ruined by people over analyzing what was going on in the picture in a not so nice way, and why should it be locked because some people can't control themselves? I also deleted everything because I had hope that we would be able to move on. But alas, focus was lost and it became a thread about "why'd you delete my posts."

I am tired of locking threads because some people don't have a filter as NJ Coach put it.

Back