All-Star My Season Is Officially About To Start Soon, And I've Got Some Major Conflicts...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we're even still figuring this out.... that's the most frustrating part. i can't do anything to make it more stable. she wants me between 2 and 2.5, even closer to three, and i was down in 1.4 and 1.6 for the longest time. which means it may even take longer than december since it took so long to regulate, especially since this sucker is huge. I was going twice a week to test it, now only once a week. which is going to be hard when i get back to school.

Yeah sweetie, I'm afraid it's not good news w/regards to any type of contact sport :(
I know it sucks to be sidelined (trust me...even though I'm too old to cheer, I've had injuries sideline me from the gym..and I was a gym rat) but it's in your best interest.

IMO, do the spirit end of college cheer, but NONE of the physical activity. Listen to your health Poptart; a few months off as opposed to permanent damage? Not even a question in my book.

Could you maybe take the class another semester? Otherwise...I think you know what you'd have to do :-/ Maybe explain to the coach your situation and work something out where, considering the circumstances of your injury anyway, you can take the class now and just make it to any event for cheer that you possibly can.

luckily, one of the girls on AG was on rotations with field hockey last year, and she said both the AT i'll be working with and my coach is understanding of my schedules. She told me my coach understands that school comes first, and I will just have to go late to practices. as for games, well, I forgot that the field hockey team and the football team have games on the same field lol so they can't overlap. I'll just have some pretty busy saturdays. so finally a plus in this whole thing.

soooo is it wrong that i'm having my mom talk to my coach for me? i feel like i will fail epically at getting the message across...

Your healths on the line and will always be more important then cheer. Hang in there though girl, something good will come your way!

soooo is it wrong that i'm having my mom talk to my coach for me? i feel like i will fail epically at getting the message across...

Try writing your Coach a letter! Sounds kinda weird but you'll be able to get what you want to say across without having the nerves of doing it in person! I wrote my Coach letters in high school cause I could get my point across better to her without it coming across with an attitude or even tears. She always accepted my letters and appreciated them! Don't be nervous or anything, I'm sure your coach will understand :)

Try writing your Coach a letter! Sounds kinda weird but you'll be able to get what you want to say across without having the nerves of doing it in person! I wrote my Coach letters in high school cause I could get my point across better to her without it coming across with an attitude or even tears. She always accepted my letters and appreciated them! Don't be nervous or anything, I'm sure your coach will understand :)

not only that, but it helps to see what you're trying to say--like if you try to say it, and just can't get it to sound right, you can keep working with it until it conveys the exact message you want. and you can take your time. you won't forget something, and you don't have to worry about interruptions.

my mom actually explained things to my coach, and then we talked one on one. because this is something completely out of my control, she understood completely. she said she'd never punish me for health reasons. she's perfectly okay with me cheering games and staying "ground bound", so just sidelines and band dances, so i can stay involved. as for practices, she also understands that AT overlaps, but since I can't really do anything at practice, she's been doing stunting/tumbling first and ending with game stuff for when I get there. by the time I can actually come back, field hockey will be over. so really, there are no problems whatsoever :)
thanks everyone for the wonderful advice and being here for me!

Sounds like some awesome compromises! I'm so happy it worked out for you!

Back