Nail Polish

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 6, 2013
We have also been told that kids cannot wear nail polish at competition, but I have seen teams that wore nail polish last year. Would you consider allowing your team to wear polish? Some of our girls were asking last night.

I always thought it was not allowed however there was a discussion on here last year (I cannot find it but it may have been in the 2012-13 Uniform Thread) that convinced me otherwise; apparently it is allowed. We were always told it wasn't for the exact reason @ashscott41 stated above.

It should never be allowed. In case of injury or medical emergency, one of the easiest ways to check blood flow and oxygen perfusion is by capillary nail refill test, which can't be done if the athlete is wearing polish.

The Fierce Board App!

There are no rules for that at our competitions, but i don't allow them to wear nail polish at competitions because of this reason. In case of an injury/medical problem it's easier for me or medical staff to check.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We wear polish (Australian L5 AG) - never had an issue and love how it looks against the uniform.

a lot of teams let their girls have french tips or a clear coat, some even make all of their girls paint them the same color! my coaches do not let me wear polish at any comps.

I have never been on a team that allowed us to wear nail polish, but I really love how french tips look with them.. so I wish we could.

I have never been allowed to wear polish at competitions. I don't even like it when people wear it to practice, my OCD kicks in and it bothers me so I prefer if it's only a clear coat

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back