National Cheersport Question Coaches And Judges Please Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 19, 2013
Any coaches or judges who hv access to dart fish from Cheersport Nationsls this weekend I need help. 1st year for us and we came in 2nd youth large 1. We lost .4 to stingrays (who are amazing I have to say) ... But on day 1 they bobbled from cradle and fell from a prep at ending. They got no deductions. All other teams in division who fell or bobbled got deductions. We lost Bc of this. I contested after day 1 and head judge said they reviewed video, saw the falls, and should have deducted but its too late. She said the deductions judge would be told to be more "on it". Ughhhh so frustrated our girls lost Bc of that! That's why Cheersport has dart fish and I would hv expected the deductions for my teams had that happened. Any advice??? Watch on 16th Stingrays Youth Large 1. Again no disrespect to Stingrays.... An awesome program and feel honored to be only .4 away! I'm a Stingray fan too! But just fighting for my team.....

I am NO expert but, we had a bobble in a cradle and when we asked our coach what the deduction would be, he told us how and where it happened would be considered execution and not a deduction.

Any coaches or judges who hv access to dart fish from Cheersport Nationsls this weekend I need help. 1st year for us and we came in 2nd youth large 1. We lost .4 to stingrays (who are amazing I have to say) ... But on day 1 they bobbled from cradle and fell from a prep at ending. They got no deductions. All other teams in division who fell or bobbled got deductions. We lost Bc of this. I contested after day 1 and head judge said they reviewed video, saw the falls, and should have deducted but its too late. She said the deductions judge would be told to be more "on it". Ughhhh so frustrated our girls lost Bc of that! That's why Cheersport has dart fish and I would hv expected the deductions for my teams had that happened. Any advice??? Watch on 16th Stingrays Youth Large 1. Again no disrespect to Stingrays.... An awesome program and feel honored to be only .4 away! I'm a Stingray fan too! But just fighting for my team.....
Keep us updated on how this turns out.

No judge in their right mind would go back and publicly review routines from an event, so I wouldn't expect too many replies in this thread.

No judge in their right mind would go back and publicly review routines from an event, so I wouldn't expect too many replies in this thread.
There seems to be a lot of issues with scoring at Nationals. Does this occur every year??

There seems to be a lot of issues with scoring at Nationals. Does this occur every year??

There are always a lot of complaints, generally coming from those that didn't finish 1st. I don't know if there are actually many issues.

There are always a lot of complaints, generally coming from those that didn't finish 1st. I don't know if there are actually many issues.

of course no one in 1st is going to complain!

tttwisters as much as it sucks to come in 2nd in a competition such as Cheersport when jackets are at stake, unfortunately it balances out. i am sure there have been times where deductions were missed on your routines that may have helped your team win. i know with my cp's teams in the past the parents saw a deduction but the judges missed it.

Love how she posted this thread and then.....NOTHING ELSE!!
Andre do you have anything to add??

No because I don't know what else needs to be added.
Didn't know if you heard about any other scoring issues that weekend or if what went down in the Y1 divisions were isolated. Two separate judging panels so I find it hard to believe it was isolated.
FYI I don't feel that the placements in my CP's division were wrong at the end of the day but I am grateful for her team that the coach found the error and had it corrected. I also can not speak to the validity of the OP complaint since they were in Y1 large and our gym was competing in Y1 small.

Didn't know if you heard about any other scoring issues that weekend or if what went down in the Y1 divisions were isolated. Two separate judging panels so I find it hard to believe it was isolated.
FYI I don't feel that the placements in my CP's division were wrong at the end of the day but I am grateful for her team that the coach found the error and had it corrected. I also can not speak to the validity of the OP complaint since they were in Y1 large and our gym was competing in Y1 small.

I heard a complaint from one other division. Given the size of the event I would have expected more. I know there are almost always some valid issues and I know there are more invalid complaints than valid.

I wasn't at CHEERSPORT and the biggest topic from my POV was the Top Gun routine not being stopped when the kid was hurt.

I was really trying to let this go, but this thread keeps coming back up on my "what's new" feed. In order to make this "not about winning" and "only complaining because you didn't win" I will ask an objective, non-biased question: What should the difficulty score be for a Sr. Restricted 5 team in standing tumbling for more than 75% jump to tuck and more than 50% BHS to full; and running tumbling more than 50% passes with full (some with specialty)?

Back