College National Spirit Day, September 9, 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
What are you guys gonna do on National Spirit Day? My squad to gonna take part in the pep rally for the football team's game against Central Michigan.

where do u cheer? ik ur a fan of Kentucky but what school do u cheer for that will be playing Central Michigan?

Hi little stunter..how was your 1st Lumberjack game?
hi BJ's Mom! You don't know me but i met BJ when i came down several times before Daytona and tryouts.. My first game was so much fun! the stands were pretty much sold out and its the biggest crowd Ive ever cheerd in front of by far. Although the game was boring by halftime when it was 52-6 and we had done more fight songs in that single game than we had all summer long. But its defiantly going to be a game i remember! I hope BJ's loving Memphis!

hi BJ's Mom! You don't know me but i met BJ when i came down several times before Daytona and tryouts.. My first game was so much fun! the stands were pretty much sold out and its the biggest crowd Ive ever cheerd in front of by far. Although the game was boring by halftime when it was 52-6 and we had done more fight songs in that single game than we had all summer long. But its defiantly going to be a game i remember! I hope BJ's loving Memphis!

Hi lil Stunter, so glad your 1st Lumberjack game was fun! Just wait til Homecoming! Bj is loving Memphis, the stadium is HUGE!!!! Altho football is not their strong suit...Basketball we hear is off the hook. No freebie tickets for cheerleaders for those games. I am hoping to get out for a game.
We will all miss Nacogdoches, a true college town, many fond memories there for us there! Have a great season, and keep me posted!
Axe'm Jacks!

Actually, the Kentucky Wildcats are my favorite team whether it's cheerleading, football, basketball, etc.

"My squad to gonna take part in the pep rally for the football team's game against Central Michigan. "

You can be a fan all you want, heck I am a Kentucky fan as well, but it is not YOUR squad and you continue to act as if you are part of the team or university, which you are not even in the state of KY according to your post in the newbies section. The problem is people read your posts and think you are on the team or tied to the university in some way (see the post about asking where you cheer that plays central michigan when in fact you don't go to school there). When you reference the team as "my" or "we" then it is leading people to think something that isn't the case. Continue being a fan, but please stop referencing them as if you are connected to them. It would be like me posting information about Texas Tech and saying they are "my squad" when in fact I don't live in TX and am not linked to them in any way. I am not the only person that feels this way as others have messaged me about it as well, so please just reference them as the team/school you like not the team/school you are a part of.

"My squad to gonna take part in the pep rally for the football team's game against Central Michigan. "

You can be a fan all you want, heck I am a Kentucky fan as well, but it is not YOUR squad and you continue to act as if you are part of the team or university, which you are not even in the state of KY according to your post in the newbies section. The problem is people read your posts and think you are on the team or tied to the university in some way (see the post about asking where you cheer that plays central michigan when in fact you don't go to school there). When you reference the team as "my" or "we" then it is leading people to think something that isn't the case. Continue being a fan, but please stop referencing them as if you are connected to them. It would be like me posting information about Texas Tech and saying they are "my squad" when in fact I don't live in TX and am not linked to them in any way. I am not the only person that feels this way as others have messaged me about it as well, so please just reference them as the team/school you like not the team/school you are a part of.

I don't even refer to the current cheerleaders at my Alma Mater as "my squad" or "my team". I only use it when I'm talking about something that happened when I was on the team, or what we did back then.....I'll say "My team, when I was in college". "My team" implies that you are currently on the team.

Back