All-Star Nca 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Potentially dumb question, NCA newbie here lol, can you bring food/snacks in?

Potentially dumb question, NCA newbie here lol, can you bring food/snacks in?
I'm a newbie to NCA too... But bringing some type of snacks and stuff... medical excuse however (both kids gluten free, and one of the two has many more food allergies so I don't like to risk anything).... I'll sneak in some of my own snacks too lol but I literally bring food to every single comp i attend

So anyone in the arena, u get hungry i might have a couple things to munch on!!! :p:p

Never had an issue with food/drink except last year the coffee from the hotel wasn't in a "Starbucks cup" (i kid not) so they said my friend's daughter couldn't bring it in. NCA is crowded ;) ...she brought it in and had it finished before we got all the way down to the arena.

No you are not. Two years ago, I TRIED to "schedule" out a trip on the DART and it had me changing trains, etc. I gave up and got a taxi with another mom. I will say that from the Sheraton, the DART was a really good alternative. Even in the snow/ice it was pretty good. This year, I am at the Omni so no worries except how to get from Love Field to the Omni :)
Love field to omni shouldn't be too bad. I would say, just go ahead and call an uber,lyft or a taxi. I don't there is a dart station near Love Field.

What are your favorite restraunts around metroplex worth checking out? Staying quite a bit away from downtown!
That might depend on where you are staying. I actually live more on the Fort Worth side of the metroplex so I am not all that familiar with dining in Dallas but I have a friend who is a foodie and I might be able to get some suggestions from her :)

That might depend on where you are staying. I actually live more on the Fort Worth side of the metroplex so I am not all that familiar with dining in Dallas but I have a friend who is a foodie and I might be able to get some suggestions from her :)

We are staying in Irving! Thank you!

Dallas peeps.

We are staying at the Fairmont downtown Dallas. Should we walk to the convention center? or take the Dart?

Never been here before so I'm not sure of how far or hard the actual walk is or even if it is safe. So thought I'd ask.

Dallas peeps.

We are staying at the Fairmont downtown Dallas. Should we walk to the convention center? or take the Dart?

Never been here before so I'm not sure of how far or hard the actual walk is or even if it is safe. So thought I'd ask.
It is safe and with the gorgeous weather predicted I would absolutely walk. Your only concern might be if it is windy and how that might affect hair. Not sure how your team does hair/makeup so it may not be an issue

Back