All-Star Nca 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We were near a station last year but because of how bad the ice was on the sidewalks, I didn't want to risk the walk! Seriously, it was crazy out for this California girl and her cp!! Just trying to get to the car was scary for us.
We are used to ice over here and I was nervous about it as well. We have the ability to treat our sidewalks and roads whereas Dallas does not. They were really slick with ice but we chose to gamble on the sidewalks to the DART vs some of the crazy cab drivers we have encountered over the years in Dallas LOL.

We are used to ice over here and I was nervous about it as well. We have the ability to treat our sidewalks and roads whereas Dallas does not. They were really slick with ice but we chose to gamble on the sidewalks to the DART vs some of the crazy cab drivers we have encountered over the years in Dallas LOL.

The year I stayed at the Sheraton we took a cab back late one night from the CC. There were six people in the cab, me, CP and a family of four. The cab driver tried to charge us $25 each family for a one mile trip.

The next morning, the cab driver to the airport wanted to charge me $10 extra because it was slippery out and he had to go slow. Did I mention it was 4:30 AM?

The year I stayed at the Sheraton we took a cab back late one night from the CC. There were six people in the cab, me, CP and a family of four. The cab driver tried to charge us $25 each family for a one mile trip.

The next morning, the cab driver to the airport wanted to charge me $10 extra because it was slippery out and he had to go slow. Did I mention it was 4:30 AM?
The Dallas cab drivers are the most unethical scammers I have ever encountered in any city/country I have ever been to.

Rent a car! Parking wasn't bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok NCA newbie here and I'm just lost now.... staying at the sheraton which says its 6 mins from CC in car... what is the dart... is that like a train service? should i consider it?
Dallas Area Rapid Transit - it's a combination of light rail/bus service.

I heard quite a few stories of taxis trying to charge outrageous fares and surcharges because of the weather. They didn't think they needed to divulge this info prior to people getting in their cabs. Luckily, most people did not pay the ridiculous fares. By the end of the weekend, if I did take a cab, I asked the price prior.

I heard quite a few stories of taxis trying to charge outrageous fares and surcharges because of the weather. They didn't think they needed to divulge this info prior to people getting in their cabs. Luckily, most people did not pay the ridiculous fares. By the end of the weekend, if I did take a cab, I asked the price prior.

So confused on the whole cabs over charging! I haven't taken a cab in years and from what I remembered didn't they have a machine that told you how much you had to pay?

So confused on the whole cabs over charging! I haven't taken a cab in years and from what I remembered didn't they have a machine that told you how much you had to pay?

They are supposed to, but what we found, was that the cab drivers were trying to add "surcharges" to the actual price shown based on the bad weather...kind of like "hazard pay" I guess LOL.

They are supposed to, but what we found, was that the cab drivers were trying to add "surcharges" to the actual price shown based on the bad weather...kind of like "hazard pay" I guess LOL.
Yikes!! I'll make sure I ask before we get into the cab.

Yes and they turned the meter off the second they stopped and then told you a different price than you were just looking at.

Ok so I have to ask this... I know this past February in Dallas was crazy weather but for those who have attended Dallas NCA frequently in the past let's say 2-5 years has the weather always been this nuts or is it just a once in a while thing...
I say this because I'm in jersey and Mother Nature has her mood swings but it's not like a consistent thing. We have gone a few winters with minimal snow and no real blizzards (of course I think this year was the first fake blizzard-thanks weather man).... Then every couple years it's like BOOM!!! Here's some snow storms for ya!! Lol

Ok so I have to ask this... I know this past February in Dallas was crazy weather but for those who have attended Dallas NCA frequently in the past let's say 2-5 years has the weather always been this nuts or is it just a once in a while thing...
I say this because I'm in jersey and Mother Nature has her mood swings but it's not like a consistent thing. We have gone a few winters with minimal snow and no real blizzards (of course I think this year was the first fake blizzard-thanks weather man).... Then every couple years it's like BOOM!!! Here's some snow storms for ya!! Lol
Bit of advice coming from a northern boy that has driven in all kinds of weather. If you are there and they are calling for ice, don't laugh and ask yourself how bad can the driving be? It is like driving in nothing we have seen up north. With that said, I will still laugh when they shut down the city for a dusting of snow or a little bit of ice. Lol

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**

Bit of advice coming from a northern boy that has driven in all kinds of weather. If you are there and they are calling for ice, don't laugh and ask yourself how bad can the driving be? It is like driving in nothing we have seen up north. With that said, I will still laugh when they shut down the city for a dusting of snow or a little bit of ice. Lol

**Sometimes I day dream Cheer Son is almost as good as Susie and then reality sets in**
Hey hey hey, we deal with heat not ice ;) don't make fun :p

Everyone's best bet is to take the DART IMO, its safe (police are always on board), reliable, runs on time, and you won't have to worry about getting "overcharged" by a cab.

And, don't judge....but I didn't know Dallas had cabs or taxis, and I've lived here for 22 years.. :eek: I've always taken the DART or driven myself into Dallas.

Back