All-Star Nca-atlanta

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 17, 2011
Great competition! Good to see competitors in most divisions. I loved CAO, both teams were awesome! Great job CEA Jr 5 small & CO-ED elite and Peach Rays. Really impressed with Pro Cheer, I think it's the large Coed, they looked really good and will be awesome when they hit. Thought it was funny that ACE beat GA and Trinity after all the drama but thought Trinity did a lot better than last place. Rock Star did really good, lots of 1st place finishes. Everyone bought there "A" game.

Great competition! Good to see competitors in most divisions. I loved CAO, both teams were awesome! Great job CEA Jr 5 small & CO-ED elite and Peach Rays. Really impressed with Pro Cheer, I think it's the large Coed, they looked really good and will be awesome when they hit. Thought it was funny that ACE beat GA and Trinity after all the drama but thought Trinity did a lot better than last place. Rock Star did really good, lots of 1st place finishes. Everyone bought there "A" game.

My little cousin cheers on Pro Cheer Y3 and J3. I was so proud of their accomplishments this weekend.

Thank you so much! We still have a lot of work to do to run with the big dogs!!!! And I love me some rock star!!!!!!!

Rock Star was great as well as Peach Rays , loved CAO! So much coming from this gym, big difference since Battle with the SR coed 4, looking forward to big things from them!

Thank you so much! We still have a lot of work to do to run with the big dogs!!!! And I love me some rock star!!!!!!!
I think y'all held your own! I think 2nd time beating GA and Rays. Keep up the good work and by the way good job at awards;). Loved seeing Rays, GA and CAO in warmups at awards so classy.

Thought it was funny that ACE beat GA and Trinity after all the drama but thought Trinity did a lot better than last place.

Its all good, we're still proud of ourselves for going out there and showing out like we did. There seemed to be an "issue" with our coed stunts? One of the coaches from a competitors gym called us on it saying they were assisted from the bottom... stunt score dropped all around from a 8.6 to an 8.0 on 3 different judges' cards. 1.8 points off total, knocking us down from 1st place to 4th :( But i would just like to thank whoever made the comment on our coeds, because now we know how to tweak them to where a high stunt score in inevitable! Its in the past, and we are ready for Cheersport!:fro:(anyone reconize her???)

Its all good, we're still proud of ourselves for going out there and showing out like we did. There seemed to be an "issue" with our coed stunts? One of the coaches from a competitors gym called us on it saying they were assisted from the bottom... stunt score dropped all around from a 8.6 to an 8.0 on 3 different judges' cards. 1.8 points off total, knocking us down from 1st place to 4th :( But i would just like to thank whoever made the comment on our coeds, because now we know how to tweak them to where a high stunt score in inevitable! Its in the past, and we are ready for Cheersport!:fro:(anyone reconize her???)

So as a coach you can just influence judges scores like that? If I am following what you are saying you mean this was fixed? Well that would explain a few things. I was there sitting with our gym and could not believe you got 4th. So anytime you go against THAT particular coach all they have to do is whine and they get the scores changed to their favor?
Wow - and I thought Olympic ice skating was crooked.

So as a coach you can just influence judges scores like that? If I am following what you are saying you mean this was fixed? Well that would explain a few things. I was there sitting with our gym and could not believe you got 4th. So anytime you go against THAT particular coach all they have to do is whine and they get the scores changed to their favor?
Wow - and I thought Olympic ice skating was crooked.
Wow .... are you implying that the NCA judges can be influenced like that? Now that would be crooked.

Social media has such a powerful impact for so many reasons, but if there's one serious drawback, it's that it allows ridiculous conversations like this to play out for the world to read.

How has this conversation evolved to 'crooked judging' at the Classic?? I'll tell you exactly what happened:

First of all, NO COACH called any other gym out for anything. The "issue" was from the judges. They realized half way through the division that some of the teams had not met the unassisted stunt requirement. So before Awards, I rewatched 5 different routines, verifying which ones were missing the required unassisted stunting. For the routines that fell short of this requirement, their scores were corrected to an 8.0 (which is in line with the Varsity Scoring System standard).

Had Trinity's unassisted stunts been included in the routine, they would have been in 2nd place. I shared this fact with Triny and I also made it very clear that no coach from any other program had a role to play in our judging.

Our number 1 goal is to run a fair and ethical competition. If I wanted the coaches to be in charge of everyone else's score, I would have put them on the judging panel. But there's a good reason why they aren't. LOL :)

If you have any more questions about how this situation was handled, I'll be more than happy to explain it... again.

By the way, thanks to all of you that attended. It was our largest Atlanta Classic to date. And I posted this on Twitter, but all the athletes behaved with a great level of sporstmanship--including during Awards. I was very, very proud of how classy everyone was.

We are trying to move the event off of Superbowl next year... especially if Beyonce is doing the half time show again.

By the way, thanks to all of you that attended. It was our largest Atlanta Classic to date. And I posted this on Twitter, but all the athletes behaved with a great level of sporstmanship--including during Awards. I was very, very proud of how classy everyone was.

We are trying to move the event off of Superbowl next year... especially if Beyonce is doing the half time show again.
Good, I was having mini heart attacks! I couldn't find any of my Orange updates on Twitter because it was filled up with Beyonce ;)

It was my first time at this event, and although I didn't get there until 5:30 (missing all of the L1-3 divisions), I will give credit where credit is due.

This was a very well-run and organized event. It was very close to running on-time, excitement level was high, aesthetic appeal of stage and lighting was excellent for a regional competition, the Gwinnett Center is an outstanding venue, and award ceremonies were efficient.

I was worried going in that it was going to be a repeat of the UCA regional event that we attended earlier in the season, but it wasn't even close.

Justin, a bunch of us parents were talking after the event and were wondering what NCA's views are on the male athletes taking their shirts off and walking around the venue shirtless after they compete. I noticed one team in particular doing this (I am sure there are others) and it just seemed rather ostentatious given the cover-up rule that our girls have to abide by. I know a few of our Youth girls were reprimanded as they were literally walking to meet their parents to get the warm-up jackets after they competed. I know they are teenage boys, but would like to hear NCA's position on it.

Great job this weekend.

It was my first time at this event, and although I didn't get there until 5:30 (missing all of the L1-3 divisions), I will give credit where credit is due.

This was a very well-run and organized event. It was very close to running on-time, excitement level was high, aesthetic appeal of stage and lighting was excellent for a regional competition, the Gwinnett Center is an outstanding venue, and award ceremonies were efficient.

I was worried going in that it was going to be a repeat of the UCA regional event that we attended earlier in the season, but it wasn't even close.

Justin, a bunch of us parents were talking after the event and were wondering what NCA's views are on the male athletes taking their shirts off and walking around the venue shirtless after they compete. I noticed one team in particular doing this (I am sure there are others) and it just seemed rather ostentatious given the cover-up rule that our girls have to abide by. I know a few of our Youth girls were reprimanded as they were literally walking to meet their parents to get the warm-up jackets after they competed. I know they are teenage boys, but would like to hear NCA's position on it.

Great job this weekend.
Thanks for the compliment. And sorry you missed the Superbowl :)

The cover up campaign is in affect for ALL athletes, not just females. I made a few laps around the venue and, at the time, it seemed everyone was in compliance. In hindsight, though, it was earlier in the day--bef0re you arrived--and probably before many of the older athletes showed up.

NCA's position is that athletes need to be covered, just like the females. We tend to not make a big deal out of a single athlete walking around uncovered, but when there seems to be a trend, we usually remind the coaches of that program. I honestly didn't see that 'trend' this weekend though--only a few anomilies. And I definitely didn't see a shirtless male. I would have contacted the coach immediately.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Great job this weekend.

Social media has such a powerful impact for so many reasons, but if there's one serious drawback, it's that it allows ridiculous conversations like this to play out for the world to read.

How has this conversation evolved to 'crooked judging' at the Classic?? I'll tell you exactly what happened:

First of all, NO COACH called any other gym out for anything. The "issue" was from the judges. They realized half way through the division that some of the teams had not met the unassisted stunt requirement. So before Awards, I rewatched 5 different routines, verifying which ones were missing the required unassisted stunting. For the routines that fell short of this requirement, their scores were corrected to an 8.0 (which is in line with the Varsity Scoring System standard).

Had Trinity's unassisted stunts been included in the routine, they would have been in 2nd place. I shared this fact with Triny and I also made it very clear that no coach from any other program had a role to play in our judging.

Our number 1 goal is to run a fair and ethical competition. If I wanted the coaches to be in charge of everyone else's score, I would have put them on the judging panel. But there's a good reason why they aren't. LOL :)

If you have any more questions about how this situation was handled, I'll be more than happy to explain it... again.

100 Shimmys

Back