All-Star Nca Divisions Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

mhgirlymom

Cheer Parent
Mar 25, 2016
If a D2 team is the only large team in their level division at NCA, would they be placed in a D2 small division or in a regular large division?

I don't think NCA divides them up like that? Maybe I wasn't paying attention this year, but our division was only broken up small vs large teams.
ETA...I mean, I didn't see a separate small gym division.

I don't think NCA divides them up like that? Maybe I wasn't paying attention this year, but our division was only broken up small vs large teams.
ETA...I mean, I didn't see a separate small gym division.
They do, many divisions had D2 at NCA.

It is up to each EP to decide how and when they split, but I would think there would need to be at least 2 for them to decide to split it.

So what would take precedence, keeping the small gym in D2 or putting them with other large sized teams? I guess most small gyms field small teams so they can have more teams, leading to less if any large teams in the D2 divisions. This question could apply to any comp that offers D2.

NCA only makes D2 divisions if enough teams register and declare as D2 in that division. In this case if you were the only large D2 team you would go with other large teams.

Back