All-Star Nca Housing

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We've been generally satisfied at the success we've had in moving our customers into an official travel package that's going to get the city of Dallas (and indirectly, NCA All-Star Nationals) priority in scheduling for years to come.
Here is a link to the official Housing Policy: http://nca.varsity.com/housing.aspx.
If you know for a fact that Connections Travel was not the agency you used to book your housing, then contact Connections Travel directly. Phone: 855-404-CHEER (2433) or 404-842-0000
Email: [email protected]

I don't personally have any detailed specs about available room nights at which hotels. What I DO know is that the crew from Connections has been diligent, responsive and successful in ensuring all of the programs adhere to the Housing Policy. Please reach out to them directly, should there be any questions.

One question I have - I originally booked through Gametime and of course gave them my credit card info. After not getting Gametime to respond to emails or phone calls for several weeks, I have rebooked through Connections.

Is there any chance that my credit card will be charged for the Gametime room reservation that doesn't appear to exist at the moment?

I know that a lot of ppl who have reservations with the Omni did so through the hotel directly..... thats how I did it and I know of at least 10 other ppl with rooms at the Omni who booked them the same way....

One question I have - I originally booked through Gametime and of course gave them my credit card info. After not getting Gametime to respond to emails or phone calls for several weeks, I have rebooked through Connections.

Is there any chance that my credit card will be charged for the Gametime room reservation that doesn't appear to exist at the moment?

Hmmm..No idea. I will pm you someone you can speak with.

According to Connections housing rep...Laurie...this morning...All reservations made through Game Time for the Omni were cancelled.

:banghead:

Where did all those rooms at the omni go? Does connections have them now? I know there was some sort of other convention going on that took many of the omni rooms, but what happened to the ones everyone booked through game time? Were they never available to begin with?

Has anyone staying at the Adolphus checked the status of their room? I checked last month, through Gametime, and I still had my room. It seems like this is a problem at the Omni and I wanted to see how the folks at the Adolphus were faring.

Connections said "the omni is no longer available". No answer as to where the rooms went.

Thanks! I booked with the Adolphus through Gametime though ... guess I'll have to call the Adolphus. Gametime didn't return calls or emails.

I spoke with John Calitri from NCA.

The switch from Gametime to Connections was a business decision they made last year based on customer service requirements. Unfortunately Gametime made some reservations and either didn't notify the individuals or Connections that some rooms were booked at hotels. Omni is obviously one of them but I would assume this of any hotel booked through Gametime. Connections had no way of knowing this until the conflicts arose, but NCA's guidance is to attempt to compensate any of these conflicts as best as possible and Connections is doing what they can to work closer hotels or potentially lower rates to people who have lost their booking.

If you made a reservation to any of the hotels through Gametime, I would check with either the hotel or Connections to ensure your reservation is still good or will transfer over. If you lost a reservation, check the hotel and if they don't show your reservation anymore they should not charge your card. The housing companies never do the charging. If you still get charged I would jsut file a dispute with your credit card company and it should get resolved.

Let me know if you still run into any problems and I will do my best to resolve them or get an answer.

P.S. He told me there is a carpet convention that may release rooms at the Omni soon so make sure to check back. . .

I know my mom called the omni pretty regularly and was able to get back into the omni for the whole weekend. They said they had had quite a few cancellations, so id check back this week and early next week :)

I know my mom called the omni pretty regularly and was able to get back into the omni for the whole weekend. They said they had had quite a few cancellations, so id check back this week and early next week :)

Thanks for the heads up. I hope people get a chance to check on this before they go.

Thanks for the heads up. I hope people get a chance to check on this before they go.
No problem. I know how helpful this will be for my family with special needs blocking from 8:20 to 10, my sisters team at 1ish, and red being in the last blocking. Fair warning though..it took a little bit of work. She had to call and get one night booked then keep calling to get the other night booked. Definitely worth it though!

Bummer...the cancellation for connections was the end of January!

Back