All-Star Nca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The thread on twitter mentioned a criminal record. Is there evidence of this? It seems like the twitter thread has turned into gossip. His behavior is questionable, and I'm glad usasf and nca stepped in. I'm glad to see him off social media. I hope that this is the wake up call he needs and that he gets help.

The thread on twitter mentioned a criminal record. Is there evidence of this? It seems like the twitter thread has turned into gossip. His behavior is questionable, and I'm glad usasf and nca stepped in. I'm glad to see him off social media. I hope that this is the wake up call he needs and that he gets help.

I mean, the twitter account is pretty clear everything they say is gossip. They say nothing is confirmed.

It's sad really. It seems as though he got depressed after his divorce, missed his girls, has to go to their cheer comps alone, then (I believe) he lost his job, then (in an effort for affirmation / out of loneliness) he started going to all comps and just throwing himself and all his time into following cheer ...and, unfortunately, the minor athletes. These are MY presumptions based on conversations with him over the last year- due to my business, not my CP. He never contacted my CP, he just asked about hercteam in general, nothing that caught me off guard. He just talked A LOT, I just figured he was lonely. I always have 1-3 word answers as I was busy. That's MY experience only though. My kid cheered 10 years, she's used to blocking and never thinking twice when older men friend her on her public cheer accounts.

And I hope some of his "fans" wise up and realize that when we parents openly question creeps like him it is not because we have nothing better to do. We are truly concerned for the welfare of these kids, not just our own.

In that video he posted, isn't one of the girls that he claimed sent him stuff (WCSS & Lville athlete) the daughter of someone on the boards? @wcdad? Is he still around (this is going back pretty far though)? Maybe he (or his daughter) could shed some light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were freely available to every coach at NCA, but not the general public. I would be willing to share them with people who are helping, but I don't feel comfortable making then purely public because NCA didn't. Regardless of whether I agree with their stance on that, I generally want to respect their decision.

The PDFs show the scoring breakdowns, total amount of deductions, and the category averages. Before anyone volunteers, please note that there are probably 50ish data points for each team at NCA, so we are talking about a huge amount of information.

In theory, NCA could just send a spreadsheet/data file with all of this info already in it. Depending on their setup, it could take them as little as a couple of minutes to generate it. My guess is that they won't for fear of giving the appearance of showing favoritism. In fairness to them, it wouldn't REALLY be favoritism, as it was info made available to every coach, but some people would (unreasonably) be upset about it.

Things I would want to research:

Correlation between random-ish day 1 performance order and scores.
Relationship between division size and score variance.
Relationship between outlier teams (good or bad) and the following teams' score.
Effect of judges breaks on scoring.

I have my personal theory about some of those things, but it would be nice to either confirm or refute those based on actual data. There are also a few things I would want to look at to help our teams strategically.
I would love to hear your theories, but also understand if you don't want to voice them without facts. I have my own theories about going first, following well known teams, etc, but my experience is a fraction of yours.

Are there any new NCA champs or NCA champ parents on the board?!

I know @luv2cheer92 is newly jacketed!

My CP won LJ5R after they had an injury and had to clear the floor on day 2. They came back out and killed their second performance and hit zero! I still can't believe it, even my daughter said it doesn't feel real. They also got a summit bid!!

As to the question about having junior restricted, as someone previously said, there definitely is a need for this division. My CP's team started as a J5 but needed crossovers from our worlds teams to have the higher level tumbling. Coaches made the decision to pull the crossovers and they are killing it at restricted. The girls are more confident and don't have pressure to throw skills that aren't competition ready yet. They are also a true junior team and we already have a senior R5, so these kids would have to cheer as a level 4.

My CP won LJ5R after they had an injury and had to clear the floor on day 2. They came back out and killed their second performance and hit zero! I still can't believe it, even my daughter said it doesn't feel real. They also got a summit bid!!

As to the question about having junior restricted, as someone previously said, there definitely is a need for this division. My CP's team started as a J5 but needed crossovers from our worlds teams to have the higher level tumbling. Coaches made the decision to pull the crossovers and they are killing it at restricted. The girls are more confident and don't have pressure to throw skills that aren't competition ready yet. They are also a true junior team and we already have a senior R5, so these kids would have to cheer as a level 4.
OMG...I saw that!! We had just competed (smJ5R) and were waiting on awards. We were so worried about the athlete, and so glad y'all came back & hit zero!! Congrats!!

Reactions: MZ3
Back