All-Star Nca Worlds Bid Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a former coach of a L6 team (and open coed level 5) I still don't think those should be eligible for paid bids, just at large. I think its the people who drive the industry who should get paid. Weird I know, but my personal feeling on it.

Fair enough, I'm on the fence about it for the same reasons. I understand the reasoning. But I feel like its so rare that a level 6 team even scores well enough for a paid bid that when they do - Rust this weekend, for example - they really deserve it. But then on the other hand, it also means college teams like OSU and Lousville could get them and they're not even really part of the all-star world at all.

It bothers me more-so when IO5 teams are eligible just because you have some high school kids on the team. It makes IO6 feel like the red-headed step child of all-stars even more than it already is.

But this year there are 8 divisions and 8 paid bids, so I guess that is a difference. Winning a division will guarantee a paid bid.
Also at least one division will get 2 paid bids, since all the Large All Girl teams already have full paid bids.

Fair enough, I'm on the fence about it for the same reasons. I understand the reasoning. But I feel like its so rare that a level 6 team even scores well enough for a paid bid that when they do - Rust this weekend, for example - they really deserve it. But then on the other hand, it also means college teams like OSU and Lousville could get them and they're not even really part of the all-star world at all.

Also remember Level 6 scores get a 3 point boost. If when coaching Rust (or this year) had won a paid bid I would not have said to give it back! But in the overall general interest of cheerleading I don't think it is a good practice. I'd rather them fix rules so AACCA and Level 6 are the same and have the exact same division sizes at college and Open 6. That would do WAY more for cheerleading than a paid bid to a level 6 team ever would.

So it appears that there are not many teams going to Dallas who do not already have some version of a bid. It looks like there are about 28 bidless (give or take) teams going after those 24 at large (or 8 paid) bids. So, at this point, pretty much all but a few in attendance should walk away from Dallas with the ability to attend Worlds?

Also remember Level 6 scores get a 3 point boost. If when coaching Rust (or this year) had won a paid bid I would not have said to give it back! But in the overall general interest of cheerleading I don't think it is a good practice. I'd rather them fix rules so AACCA and Level 6 are the same and have the exact same division sizes at college and Open 6. That would do WAY more for cheerleading than a paid bid to a level 6 team ever would.

True - I wasn't sure if Cheersport used the Varsity scoresheet or not. Usually I head "percentage of perfection" tossed around at Varsity events, but didn't hear anything about Cheersport.

So it appears that there are not many teams going to Dallas who do not already have some version of a bid. It looks like there are about 28 bidless (give or take) teams going after those 24 at large (or 8 paid) bids. So, at this point, pretty much all but a few in attendance should walk away from Dallas with the ability to attend Worlds?

I said it in another thread, but yeah there's 29 teams without bids. And a handful of those are competing next weekend. So yes, almost all teams will walk away with bids.

True - I wasn't sure if Cheersport used the Varsity scoresheet or not. Usually I head "percentage of perfection" tossed around at Varsity events, but didn't hear anything about Cheersport.

From all I saw they were handing out the points you scored out of what possible for what division. so Level 4 was getting 82 or whatever.

Also at least one division will get 2 paid bids, since all the Large All Girl teams already have full paid bids.

There is also the chance that the large coed division bid will be up for grabs by another division since Charlotte Midnight is the only one without a full paid.

There is also the chance that the large coed division bid will be up for grabs by another division since Charlotte Midnight is the only one without a full paid.

Here's hoping CAC Midnight does well enough in scoring to get a bid.

Here's hoping CAC Midnight does well enough in scoring to get a bid.

I'm not saying they cant (I'm not saying that you're saying that I said that they cant either lol)...I just think this division could be another example of a paid getting bounced out instead of bounced down.

Back