Nca

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is NCA dallas scary?

Hey Julia D, as a CheerMom, I can only speak for myself... Last year, when I was sitting in the Arena and watching all the great teams... I actually started having a panic attack and I was not even performing... There had to be easily 50,000 screaming and cheering people... But I decided that to get the perspective of an athlete, I will let my CP answer your post--
CP reply: I know that for me, NCA was nerve-wrecking. NCA was nerve-wrecking because when I walked through the doors, I saw that thousands of people were in the arena, so I knew based on the screaming and chanting of my team's name that a lot of people were there to watch my team perform. When my team and I were about to go on stage-I prayed over and over again, did a special handshake with my best friend, and hugged a few of my teammates and wishing them all good luck. Once we hit the stage, all the nerves disappeared and the team turned in a memorable performance and all I remembered was running off the stage and my coaches talking to us, watching the team's performance on the monitor and later, my mom hugging and kissing me.

Hey Julia D, as a CheerMom, I can only speak for myself... Last year, when I was sitting in the Arena and watching all the great teams... I actually started having a panic attack and I was not even performing... There had to be easily 50,000 screaming and cheering people... But I decided that to get the perspective of an athlete, I will let my CP answer your post--
CP reply: I know that for me, NCA was nerve-wrecking. NCA was nerve-wrecking because when I walked through the doors, I saw that thousands of people were in the arena, so I knew based on the screaming and chanting of my team's name that a lot of people were there to watch my team perform. When my team and I were about to go on stage-I prayed over and over again, did a special handshake with my best friend, and hugged a few of my teammates and wishing them all good luck. Once we hit the stage, all the nerves disappeared and the team turned in a memorable performance and all I remembered was running off the stage and my coaches talking to us, watching the team's performance on the monitor and later, my mom hugging and kissing me.

I have competed at NCA in Dallas and to tell you the truth once you get on that mat nothing matters but your routine you will forget if you are scared or not and it helps to prepare you for worlds so you should not be scared always stay confident

Back