Need Help Finding My First All Star Team...tryouts Coming Up Soon.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just an update...I can start to tell that tryouts are getting closer. I'm starting to get nervous for tomorrow and nervous about how I'll do. How did you calm yourself before tryouts and have those jitters leave? Also with my size (6' 1" 135 pounds), if I make the team, what position would they put me? I'd like to maybe be a flyer.

Just an update...I can start to tell that tryouts are getting closer. I'm starting to get nervous for tomorrow and nervous about how I'll do. How did you calm yourself before tryouts and have those jitters leave? Also with my size (6' 1" 135 pounds), if I make the team, what position would they put me? I'd like to maybe be a flyer.

Did you mean 5'1"? If so you are about the same size as my CP who is a base on a S2 team. If you don't have experience it is unlikely that you will start out flying. There are usually and excess of experienced flyers on older teams.
I would go in with the attitude that you are willing to do whatever is needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At 6'1 ", you are more than likely a backspot.

Did you mean 5'1"? If so you are about the same size as my CP who is a base on a S2 team. If you don't have experience it is unlikely that you will start out flying. There are usually and excess of experienced flyers on older teams.
I would go in with the attitude that you are willing to do whatever is needed.

I posted it right. I'm 6' 1". I play Center in basketball. I also play softball in the spring and field hockey in the fall. It don't matter to me what I become on the team...I just want to do my part. Although I think being a flyer would be fun.

We pay $235 per month ($2820 per year). It includes 4 hours of squad practice and 1 hour of tumbling per week, competition fees, choreography, coaches expenses, coaches expenses, and our annual end of the year banquet. It does not include travel, practice uniform, shoes, optional warm-ups, or competition uniform. Our required make-up is just lipstick (for all squads), so that is only about ten dollars.
That's pretty close to what we pay too. Bear in mind that we don't live in a city that has any "mega gyms" so our market is a lot different.

We came from the only other all star program that's close and it was actually less than that. Even now I still think we're getting a good deal compared to what a lot of other people are paying.

For the other gym, tuition was only $88 a month and they billed the comp fees separately with a deadline to pay them by. I got the uniform used off someone who left the team but they typically keep them 2-3 years. They also didn't do any overnight competitions. Only drawback was they were a super small program so there wasn't really a level appropriate team for my daughter there and they shared space so there weren't many opportunities to do privates and no open gyms. It was a steal to be honest and it's a great fit for families who want to cheer but need to keep their costs low. If you were careful about not spending a ton of money driving to competitions and buying a lot of spirit gear, you could have easily done the whole season there for around 3 grand.

I posted it right. I'm 6' 1". I play Center in basketball. I also play softball in the spring and field hockey in the fall. It don't matter to me what I become on the team...I just want to do my part. Although I think being a flyer would be fun.
I don't think there is any possibility you will fly at 6'1". In all likelihood you will be a backspot.

Good luck today!

I don't think there is any possibility you will fly at 6'1". In all likelihood you will be a backspot.

Good luck today!

Thank you for the good luck wishes. I received a bunch of papers from the gym after my evaluation telling me of the rules, schedules, payment schedules and that kind of thing. I'm assuming if I'm receiving these papers after my evaluation and not knowing what team I'm on yet is a good sign I made a team. As for my performance...I think I did okay. I didn't do great. I gave my best effort, smiled a lot and did what the coaches asked extra of me. I know I have a lot of areas to improve upon. We're waiting I guess for the older groups to get done before they can finalise teams. But so far today...I've had a blast.

Thank you for the good luck wishes. I received a bunch of papers from the gym after my evaluation telling me of the rules, schedules, payment schedules and that kind of thing. I'm assuming if I'm receiving these papers after my evaluation and not knowing what team I'm on yet is a good sign I made a team. As for my performance...I think I did okay. I didn't do great. I gave my best effort, smiled a lot and did what the coaches asked extra of me. I know I have a lot of areas to improve upon. We're waiting I guess for the older groups to get done before they can finalise teams. But so far today...I've had a blast.
I'm amazed that the gym held tryouts in the middle of the day during the week. That is a little...unusual.
Where in State College is the gym? My oldest goes to school there so I am curious.

Back