Need Serious Tips For My Bhs!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 23, 2013
Not sure if anyone else has this problem and posted about it (sorry if they have), but recently I've started going sideways in my BHS.
My coaches tell me it's because I keep looking over my shoulder, but I have no idea why I do that and literally every time I try to fix it I just keep going sideways

Another problem is that I keep undercutting my BHS. I start and land in the same spot or barely even go anywhere. How do I get it to be longer and more stretched out I guess?

If you have any tips on how to fix these problems please help, I really want to get my BHS. Thanks!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

For the going sideways thing: do back bends and just keep looking between your hands! Make sure to always look between your hands, not leading with your head first. It personally helped me because when I did my handsprings, I knew where to look!

For the short handspring: you may be jumping up more than jumping back! I can't really explain how to fix it! Ask your coach about technique on this one :)

Not sure if anyone else has this problem and posted about it (sorry if they have), but recently I've started going sideways in my BHS.
My coaches tell me it's because I keep looking over my shoulder, but I have no idea why I do that and literally every time I try to fix it I just keep going sideways

Another problem is that I keep undercutting my BHS. I start and land in the same spot or barely even go anywhere. How do I get it to be longer and more stretched out I guess?

If you have any tips on how to fix these problems please help, I really want to get my BHS. Thanks!

try placinga sticker on the mat in between the tape & stand on one tape. When you jump for your bhs look for the sticker and place your hands on it. This will help make them longer. I had to to this hundreds of times until it was locked in my brain, but it works very well! Good luck!!! :)

For the going sideways thing: do back bends and just keep looking between your hands! Make sure to always look between your hands, not leading with your head first. It personally helped me because when I did my handsprings, I knew where to look!
Thank you for this tip!! I think that will help since they tell me that I keep looking over my shoulder for some reason

The Fierce Board App!

try placinga sticker on the mat in between the tape & stand on one tape. When you jump for your bhs look for the sticker and place your hands on it. This will help make them longer. I had to to this hundreds of times until it was locked in my brain, but it works very well! Good luck!!! :)

That's a really good idea!! I'll definitely have to try it. Thanks! :)

The Fierce Board App!

Back