High School Need Stunt For School Song

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 29, 2012
I'm still in dire need of a stunt for school song. We've always done a hitch pyramid, but with only 5 girls, that's not happening. Tipoff is in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm at a loss. We tried a knee basket to a single base, but tbh it scares me as it's just not stable enough, I want to keep working on it, but need something until it's more reliable. They do not, nor are they close to an extended lib. I'm wanting something involving all 5 but am not coming up with anything. It doesn't have to be difficult, but must be visual (our crowd doesn't have the least idea about cheerleading so if it's visual they'll like it). Any ideas?

You will probably have to have one girl in the center, and two single-based inside hitches. The bases can use a combination of a standard base's and backspot's grip (one hand supporting the middle of the foot, the other hand gripping the ankle).

But we would only be able to go to a prep since there is no backspot. It's difficult, I've always had such amazing stunters now this year, not even close.

Are you looking for a transitional series or just an ending stunt pose?

What we do is we go through the school song once, then there's a short little cheer w/ drum cadence then school song again. We do a stunt (normally a hitch pyramid) during the drum cadence. Typically, it's just been one stunt that we do, but at this point I'm open to options.

What we do is we go through the school song once, then there's a short little cheer w/ drum cadence then school song again. We do a stunt (normally a hitch pyramid) during the drum cadence. Typically, it's just been one stunt that we do, but at this point I'm open to options.
Can you do a prep level stunt hitched onto the leftover girl standing on the ground?

Can you do a prep level stunt hitched onto the leftover girl standing on the ground?

We could, but I feel it's so uninspired. Our crowd doesn't care about difficulty, but if it's not visually appealing or exciting to them then we lose them easily. We did three extended single bases (w/ only base and backspot), a hitch kick basket, and a tick tock pyramid, yet they were only impressed when we did a handstand entry to an extension and our prep level fall back stunt. I know, weird, but I'm needing something that visually looks cool but isn't really difficult.
I appreciate the idea though! :)

We could, but I feel it's so uninspired. Our crowd doesn't care about difficulty, but if it's not visually appealing or exciting to them then we lose them easily. We did three extended single bases (w/ only base and backspot), a hitch kick basket, and a tick tock pyramid, yet they were only impressed when we did a handstand entry to an extension and our prep level fall back stunt. I know, weird, but I'm needing something that visually looks cool but isn't really difficult.
I appreciate the idea though! :)
I've got some fun things that we do on our level one team with groups of five - I can't really explain with words but I can take a video on Saturday if you want.

I've got some fun things that we do on our level one team with groups of five - I can't really explain with words but I can take a video on Saturday if you want.

That would be awesome! Thank you. I've considered bringing back the handstand to extension and maybe take my normal backspot and let her tumble (I hate front spots unless necessary). I've also considered just doing a show n go extension to a teddy bear sit then having our extra become front and grab flyers hands and do like a leap frog over from the straddle sit. Again, they don't have to be difficult, but need to be visual to catch our crowd's attention.

That would be awesome! Thank you. I've considered bringing back the handstand to extension and maybe take my normal backspot and let her tumble (I hate front spots unless necessary). I've also considered just doing a show n go extension to a teddy bear sit then having our extra become front and grab flyers hands and do like a leap frog over from the straddle sit. Again, they don't have to be difficult, but need to be visual to catch our crowd's attention.
If you want to mix it up too you could do a 360 to teddy bear.

I am so glad that you think about what the crowd wants to see and that it isn't always the hard stunts, but the visually appealing ones. My girls are frustrated that their team doesn't get this.

Good job, coach.

Back