All-Star New Fame Expansion

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will be really interested to see what comes out of this. Will American coaches and gym managers be on staff at this location or will they be training up UK staff? How will they deal with running a location an 8 hour plane ride away. How in touch can they really be with the UK market? I think they have the potential to do really well in this market, however, I would personally be disappointed to see a UK gym with an American facade. I would love to see a really competitive gym, which pushes the standards of the industry over here even higher.

Tribe once had a UK branch, not sure if they still do. I think it was near a military base? They weren't very successful (in terms of competition results).

I'm interested to see how this pans out and how they're going to make it work. I believe Fierce Athletics, who've just announced their closure, had ties with Fame.

Hope it all goes well for them!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I've always found the "quality" comments interesting whenever a gym adds a location. Not sure that someone outside the organization should really be concerned and how would we know what the gym's own definition of quality would be? Different locations might have different goals?

We also need to start dealing with succession planning. The owners of many of the top gyms will be edging up to retirement age in the next decade or so. Much of the expansion, I think, is being done to develop that next generation of coaches & owners. If it's not done now, the gym would essentially die when the owner does.

And by "dealing with" it, I'm not just talking about the gyms, but the fans. Time to accept that a gym HAS to get away from being tied to a personality. They support too many athletes and coaches for everyone to be dependent on whether one person stays alive.

We know a business isn't the same when the founder and driving force retires/dies, but it CAN be as good or even better if steps are taken ahead of time.

Bravo to the gym owners working hard to create a legacy for everyone.

The Fierce Board: It's probably part of the First Amendment...

Last edited:
Can I just say, that not only do I think this will be awesome for the families in London, but also our US Forces stationed out there who have children who are cheerleaders and virtually have to leave it behind because their parent gets stationed abroad. The AF has a large presence there and I have a feeling you'll be making a few families days with this news.

Last edited:
Can I just say, that not only do I think this will be awesome for the families in London, but also our US Forces stationed out there who have children who are cheerleaders and virtually have to leave it behind because their parent gets stationed abroad. The AF has a large presence there and I have a feeling you'll be making a few families days with this new.

Maybe this is super relevant...

It's my understanding (and I'm sure @FamousMatty can speak with more insight than I) that when Fame began at the Beach location, many of the processes were developed to accommodate the military families within the program. I think this is part of what helps the program stay affordable and accessible.

Maybe this is super relevant...

It's my understanding (and I'm sure @FamousMatty can speak with more insight than I) that when Fame began at the Beach location, many of the processes were developed to accommodate the military families within the program. I think this is part of what helps the program stay affordable and accessible.

If that is true; I only have one friend who daughter cheers with FAME and they're at the Rochester location, then I think that is absolutely amazing.

Our gym locally caters towards the military families we have---our gym is no where near as big, have the amount of teams, but for our girl's it's something. For my CP, it's what gave her the love of this sport and the ability to dream high since she knows a move is imminent. And while it's a relatively new program (this is year 3), they've made leaps and bounds since opening.

If you look at my CP in my avatar, the RMY you can read on her sleeve actually says ARMY to represent her father who is an Active Duty Soldier. Last season we had at least one girl from each major branch: Navy, Air Force, Army, and Marines (not excluding Coast Guard, we have those here too, just no cheerleaders from it)...I'm not sure how this season is stacking up as far as branches go, but the gym is getting new uniforms and we're keeping the tradition of having the branch on their sleeve. For the few girl's who are not military associated (1% last season) the sleeve says CHEER.

I'm interested to see how their teams will work. In the UK there is no 'ageing-out' for senior teams, you can be 50 and be on a senior team. If they keep to the UK way, I have to make the decision of whether I can travel 3 hours multiple times a week...hmmm

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hope they do clinics and open gyms so i will be able to sometimes as I will be five hours away but my nearest cheer team is 2 hours away

Way to go Fame! Super excited as we are planning possible UK summer next year and have already been negotiating how to maintain the skills and get the gym time. We even discussed going for possible longer time….Would love to have a program I respect and know as a great gym to be a possible option!!!

Back