New Flyer!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 19, 2013
Hi this is my first post on here(obviously lol) and I was placed on a senior level 2 team at the beginning of the summer and I was a flyer. Im really flexible but I have terrible balance! My coach recently tried to put me on the senior level 4 team, when im really a level 3 but we don't have a senior level 3, just a junior level 3. Ive been working really hard to get my skills and I want to be a flyer on the level 4 team. What should I do?

Balance on a curb or something like a chair and pull skills or what I do I get a male cheerleader to do a one man with and stand there for 5 minutes without moving

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Most of balance comes from core control. Yoga and Pilates are great for that. Don't think of it like balancing, think of it like finding your center. Once you are centered, you should be able to stay up regardless of your position. Start by pulling positions on the floor, then move to a paint can. Once you have it there, do them on a wide can like baked beans or a brick.
Good luck and remember that your balance comes from the center of your body and not your feet and shoulders ( which is what a kit of people think).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back