All-Star New Gyms And Closed Gyms For 12-13

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Desert Storm and Firebird Allstars in Tucson, AZ merged. They will be known as Desert Storm Tucson. They will join the rest of the Desert Storm family in Scottsdale.

The coaches and athletes from Altius in the Milwaukee area are now in their own gym, Rockstar Athletics. Ultimate Fusion Athletics in Appleton, WI is still open, but I believe they are gymnastics and tumbling only. No cheer. :(
UA and 5 Star Elite re-merged, but on all levels, not just 5.

On a side note...Ultimate Fusion Athletics doesn't have cheer anymore? WHAT? What happened?

UA and 5 Star Elite re-merged, but on all levels, not just 5.

On a side note...Ultimate Fusion Athletics doesn't have cheer anymore? WHAT? What happened?

I am not 100% sure on details, so I really shouldn't speculate. I think many of the kids are now at GBE in Appleton, so it's good that the kids are still involved in cheer... I will miss Ultimate Fusion though. We competed against them at most competitions, and we will really miss their teams.

Stellar Elite (formerly Stellar Cheer) in Pipersville, PA closed their doors. The kids found out by a note on the door when they showed up for tryouts. Fortunately, most of the kids have found homes at either Rock Starz, State All Stars, or Maximum Cheer.

I am not 100% sure on details, so I really shouldn't speculate. I think many of the kids are now at GBE in Appleton, so it's good that the kids are still involved in cheer... I will miss Ultimate Fusion though. We competed against them at most competitions, and we will really miss their teams.
I do not want to put you on the hot seat but as you are from WI, do you know if RAGE's doors are still open? We have had a small influx of kids join us this past month or so.

Wait so Sparks is no longer a gym? It has merged?! Figured they would have kept the name Sparks..

I do not want to put you on the hot seat but as you are from WI, do you know if RAGE's doors are still open? We have had a small influx of kids join us this past month or so.

I gather from their website that they are still open, and I have no heard anything to the contrary. They only had a senior 3 and a special needs team this past year, so I imagine that even a small group of kids leaving would be quite a hit to that program. Further, I only saw them compete once this past year (UCA Milwaukee), and they really struggled. There was not much in the way of level 3 tumbling, and from watching the routine, I think there were many deductions (busted tumbling, scary dropped stunts, and legality in stunts). I do not know what the rest of their season looked like, but from what I saw, I would not be shocked if parents were leaving.

I should also point out that I believe their costs are much less than ours and most gyms, so perhaps that will be a factor in people deciding to stay and will allow them to stay open. Who knows.

Back