New Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gymmomla

Cheer Parent
Jul 20, 2014
Hi all I'm new to the board :) I have a 8 year old boy in tumbling / Cheer classes . He was in gymnastics but there are no gyms close by. Any other boys out there ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We had a boy on CP's team last year who was 9 and he loves cheer. Loves it, loves it, loves it. He is still on youth this year and my CP aged out of youth. We have a tiny aged boy, too. Seven or eight boys on the senior teams and there was one boy total in the gym CP cheers at just two seasons ago.

Cp is a boy and until recently was often the only boy or one of the few boys on the gym. A friend of his is the only boy at his place as well.

I can offer this up that if he stays in it will have some awesome friends in the girls and most likely have better respect and understanding for them than his friends.

Welcome to the boards.

Reaching dadlebrity status 1 follower at a time

There are a few more on here with make cp's. In time you'll figure out who.

May I ask what the draw to cheer was?

Sure .. He was taking gymnastics & they cancelled the boys class . I saw this tumbling class at a cheer gym .. So we joined :)

My cp was doing gymnastics and rec cheer when we had a difference of opinion with the gymnastics center and decided to take a temporary break. During that break we found a place, all star gym, for him to tumble and never left the sport.

My cp was doing gymnastics and rec cheer when we had a difference of opinion with the gymnastics center and decided to take a temporary break. During that break we found a place, all star gym, for him to tumble and never left the sport.

Well so far I think we are gonna stay . The other gym has a problem keeping boys coaches . I'd rather be at a cheer gym & actually learn something from a awesome coach,

Welcome @gymmomla !

My Minirazzi (now age 10) cheered the last two seasons - first season as the only youth-aged boy, second season as one of two. Never bothered him to be with all those girls either.
Having a boy cheerleader is SO much easier...no extra bras, no bows, no curling hair at 5am...Just "Here, eat this donut and grab your uni. We meet in 20 minutes."

Well so far I think we are gonna stay . The other gym has a problem keeping boys coaches . I'd rather be at a cheer gym & actually learn something from a awesome coach,

I'm confused. In an earlier post you said their were no gyms close by so where is the other gym that's not keeping boys from?

Big announcement coming soon...

Welcome @gymmomla !

My Minirazzi (now age 10) cheered the last two seasons - first season as the only youth-aged boy, second season as one of two. Never bothered him to be with all those girls either.
Having a boy cheerleader is SO much easier...no extra bras, no bows, no curling hair at 5am...Just "Here, eat this donut and grab your uni. We meet in 20 minutes."
Amen to that, sister!

Have a boy cheerleader (cp16) and a girl (cp14). Boy joined in girl's fourth year when we switched to a gym that allowed boys. He was 10-11 at the time. He started because he wanted to learn how to do a back handspring and he was seriously not opposed to watching the only boy in the program (at the time) and his constant cadre of cheerleader girls that followed him around and hung all over him. I believe that factored quite heavily into his decision to try it out.

He's now starting year 6.

Back