OT New Random Thread 4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What do you do when your heart tells you to do your last year of cheer (currently 18) but your brain is telling you you can't handle it? 2 hour drive to the gym, getting a job, and a university in the fall. I thought I could let cheer go... but even just checking up on fierceboard for the first time in a bit makes me miss it.

curse you cheer, I must be insane for missing conditioning and tumbling (yuck)... and i know probably about a billion other people have had this same predicament on here but this is my second time quitting cheer and I've always gone back...

Anyone have fun/unique (winter friendly) bachelorette party ideas? I'm MOH for my sister's wedding in December and I've never been in a wedding/to a bachelorette party before. I know nothing. Preferably things we can do if there are people who aren't 21 (i.e. me myself and I) in the daytime/evening before the 21 year olds go have fun and I probably get to DD :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A concert (or football/pro sports game or broadway type play) - you can rent a limo or party bus to and from; snow tubing; I hate winter so I can't think of anything else!

Things to do in Orlando that isn't Disney/Universal/Sea World?

We're headed down for the USASF meeting this weekend. And we're broke, add in the Canadian dollar being 79 cents....

I think we're going to drive to Daytona Beach Thursday.

Things to do in Orlando that isn't Disney/Universal/Sea World?

We're headed down for the USASF meeting this weekend. And we're broke, add in the Canadian dollar being 79 cents....

I think we're going to drive to Daytona Beach Thursday.
theres the orlando eye, which is down near international drive, but there is also an aquarium and a madam tussauds wax museum right in the same area of the eye. Theres also Fun Spot near international, and i know thats a pretty cheap way to kill some time.
personally i hate daytona, much prefer cocoa or new smyrna beach. But i think there are more things to casually do in daytona compared to the other two.

What do you do when your heart tells you to do your last year of cheer (currently 18) but your brain is telling you you can't handle it? 2 hour drive to the gym, getting a job, and a university in the fall. I thought I could let cheer go... but even just checking up on fierceboard for the first time in a bit makes me miss it.

curse you cheer, I must be insane for missing conditioning and tumbling (yuck)... and i know probably about a billion other people have had this same predicament on here but this is my second time quitting cheer and I've always gone back...
I honestly thought I would miss it when I graduated. I didn't. At all.

Anybody know what the theme days are at Woodward/Woodward Tahoe this season? I swear I saw it somewhere, but can't find it now.

I thought my last HS cheerleading competiton and basketball game was it for me. I cried like a baby. Then out of nowhere cheer came back to me in college. Approaching my senior year, my cheer career is still up in the air, but I know that I eventually have to go into the real world and not cheering opens up a WORLD of opportunities. Jobs I didn't apply to because I never have the time, are now a possibility. Things I missed, are back on the table now. Having a real life that's not about red lipstick and stressing over whether you are going to hit your stunts and land your tumbling. I love this sport with my whole entire heart, it has made me into who I am today but semi-retirement has been so good for me.

Cheerleading stopped being my end all be all towards the end of HS. I realized that future bosses needed someone with valuable skills, that didn't include my ability to flip my body upside down. Cheerleading isn't even my professional resume anymore because I've done so much outside of it. A lot of it came from scaling back on how much cheer I had, and it's one of the more desirable aspects of just leaving it behind.

You can keep cheer in your life by tumbling in your free time, maybe there's a little gym you can work out when you're in school. I volunteer coach at my school. SO life goes on after cheerleading. It's okay to give it up for other amazing, great opportunities. And you're still young, who knows it might come back to you.

I was in a similar predicament a few years ago. I had a new school in the fall, and was offered a spot on a level 6 team 1.5-2 hours away.
I went to an open gym with a friend who was doing the commute and I realized I shouldn't do it.
While it was super hard to give cheering up, I knew with going to school full time, working 25+ hours a week, plus adding cheer onto it would not have been fun. It would have feasible time-wise and money-wise, but I would have been exhausted and my grades definitely would have suffered.

And like others said, not cheering opens up a lot of possibilities. If friends want to take a weekend trip, you can go. You can treat yourself to a new outfit or even a cup of coffee because you don't have to worry about monthly fees/practice wear/comp fees. Especially if you're going to a university out of area, you can focus on a new chapter of your life with new places, new friends, and new experiences. It might suck at first, but once you get caught up with your new life, it won't be so bad. Do I still miss cheer? Yeah, but not enough to dive back into it when I've grown accustomed to having free time and money. Plus I have the board to keep me still involved ;)

I'm going to Philadelphia for work this week. What's there to do (besides the obvious Liberty Bell/historical type stuff ), any suggestions on where to eat?

I second Reading Terminal - but a lot of stalls shut down early so it's better for lunch than dinner. Try to go on a day when the Amish/Menoninte stalls are open - I think they're there most days, but some stalls aren't open on Mondays. If you want to go, I'd suggest looking at the list of stalls online and planning out your trip in advance. The amount of options and the crowd can get overwhelming.

If you're down around Old City/the historic sites, I also recommend Franklin Fountain for ice cream - but it also gets crowded.

Philly has a LOT of great restaurants. Feel free to PM me for specific suggestions.

As for things to do...a new museum about the American Revolution just opened. Haven't been, but I've heard good reviews. For something less well known, the Penn Museum is interesting. There's a pop up park on the waterfront called Spruce Street Harbor Park that's a lot of fun. There's some shops on Walnut/Chestnut street in Center City.

There's also the Art Museum and the Rocky steps. I also second Eastern State being neat. Idk if you're going to our central library at all for your work portion, but if you are, both the Art Museum and Eastern State are within walking distance of it.

Idk if you're here today, but if you are - I avoid going out in Center City on Wednesdays, at least to places that attract a drinking crowd. We have a Center City-wide happy hour on Wednesdays and it can attract a young and rowdy crowd, especially at the outdoor beer gardens. Just a heads up.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the city too! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Season 4 of Degrassi Next Class is out, and all I can say is yikes. But I still watched the entire season because I needed something mindless to watch. (And there aren't any new episodes of Law & Order...)
Mindless is the best way to describe it. I think I care less about this group than any other cast. I binge watched it the day after it came out and won't look back. I still miss Season 10 and the Shark in the Water promo.

I did catch up on and get totally hooked on Younger with Hillary Duff and Sutton Foster, but now I have to wait for new episodes on Wednesdays and it's torture. Also watched the season of GLOW and the stand alone Netflix movie To the Bone.

I'm going through Killer Kids right now, but it's only 4 seasons long. I may need to go back to Degrassi Junior High to provide background noise while I work on cross stitch projects.

One of the cases they talk about on this series happened in the next neighborhood over. Walking distance from my house. While the show is interesting, take it all with a grain of salt. I think they took some creative license in making the show. Don't get me wrong, it was a brutal series of events. But given the factual inconsistencies in how they described the town, schools etc, I doubt the accuracy of how they depicted what happened in the actual criminal case.

Season 4 of Degrassi Next Class is out, and all I can say is yikes. But I still watched the entire season because I needed something mindless to watch. (And there aren't any new episodes of Law & Order...)

I was waiting for someone to bring up. It was the worse of the New Class version of the show. Like there were things I thought were kind of interesting like the weird polyamorous relationship. It was finally bridging the two grades together. But I still feel like there's two different casts on the same show. I wished the Lola/Miles thing would've carried over because that was a HEAVY situation that kind of just got written away. It could've brought some drama from Frankie, etc. I also wished we could've met some freshman for the next season.

SVU is still my heart and soul, even with Amaro gone, and the paternity of Rollins baby. I really hope they get a 20th season, I know Mariska loves doing the show so that's a good thing. They started filming the next season yesterday.

Yeah, I know they're likely to get creative with facts to make the story more entertaining. (Looking at you, Hamilton.) It's similar to the Criminal Minds episodes they based in the Robert Pickton case. (Except for the obvious 'Criminal Minds doesn't present itself as non-fiction.')

popular theory is they're gonna give it the same number of seasons as the original Law & Order.
I still haven't given up hope that Raul goes back to Broadway. Even though I know it's not likely to happen.

I do love how half of the Hamilton cast has been on the show. I really felt like this season was lacking the overarching subplots that previous seasons had. It was more procedural. I hope they get some spark back.

When you say it's been cringy, do you mean the usual Degrassi-level cringy or extra cringy?

I second Reading Terminal - but a lot of stalls shut down early so it's better for lunch than dinner. Try to go on a day when the Amish/Menoninte stalls are open - I think they're there most days, but some stalls aren't open on Mondays. If you want to go, I'd suggest looking at the list of stalls online and planning out your trip in advance. The amount of options and the crowd can get overwhelming.

If you're down around Old City/the historic sites, I also recommend Franklin Fountain for ice cream - but it also gets crowded.

Philly has a LOT of great restaurants. Feel free to PM me for specific suggestions.

As for things to do...a new museum about the American Revolution just opened. Haven't been, but I've heard good reviews. For something less well known, the Penn Museum is interesting. There's a pop up park on the waterfront called Spruce Street Harbor Park that's a lot of fun. There's some shops on Walnut/Chestnut street in Center City.

There's also the Art Museum and the Rocky steps. I also second Eastern State being neat. Idk if you're going to our central library at all for your work portion, but if you are, both the Art Museum and Eastern State are within walking distance of it.

Idk if you're here today, but if you are - I avoid going out in Center City on Wednesdays, at least to places that attract a drinking crowd. We have a Center City-wide happy hour on Wednesdays and it can attract a young and rowdy crowd, especially at the outdoor beer gardens. Just a heads up.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions about the city too! Hope you enjoy your time here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just seeing this. We're across the street from Reading so I've eaten there like...almost every time. We saw the Liberty Bell and the Rocky Steps. Sucked about Love Park being closed. Nice city. The smells interesting and the constant coverage of the heat wave cracks me up. Truly must be how people respond to our reaction to snow

Hattte I didn't get to go to the Eastern penitentiary but they close right when we get out of our sessions [emoji30] and I hate I couldn't convince any of my coworkers to go see Kendrick Lamar last night [emoji19][emoji19][emoji19]

Back