OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I tweeted this earlier but I also need to let people who don't follow me know this too.

Today's temps:
South Pole, Antarctica: -37°F
Summit of Mt. Everest: -35°F
Worcester, MA w/ Windchill: -33°F

Happy Monday :)
Is that (Worcester) where you are? That's where my dad went to school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tweeted this earlier but I also need to let people who don't follow me know this too.

Today's temps:

I'm currently on zillow looking at houses in South Carolina. I can't do this anymore - although chances are I may have to for 5 more years. But I have my DH and youngest CP almost convinced to pack up and move now!

Today's temps:

haha I did the same thing on friday. Our windchill was near -40°F and it was substantially warmer in Alaska at that moment. I never thought I'd wish for 30° weather... but at this point that would feel like a tropical vacation.

Today's temps:

Well, it is summer in Antarctica right now, so not really a fair comparison! [emoji12] Lol but yes, I feel you. I think about 90% of the winter temperatures in Chicago last year were colder than Alaska and Antarctica.

I don't know if it's better this year, or I'm just used to it now. I feel like the wind chill is sub zero every day now. Luckily this year we only hit colder than negative 20 twice so far.

@quitthedrama we were all set to move by the end of last winter! Had a new neighborhood and school all picked out and everything. Somehow that whole plan evaporated for everyone except me, and now I am stuck here forever. (or until I have enough money to move on my own!)

Last edited:
I think the best part about being in Wales is the temperature is pretty consistent on a daily basis. Everyday is around 45F so if you don't look at the weather one day you can pretty much guess what it is.
Wait for spring. It can be a bit random sometimes with rain one day, or even in the morning, followed by bright warm sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it is summer in Antarctica right now, so not really a fair comparison! [emoji12] Lol but yes, I feel you. I think about 90% of the winter temperatures in Chicago last year were colder than Alaska and Antarctica.

I don't know if it's better this year, or I'm just used to it now. I feel like the wind chill is sub zero every day now. Luckily this year we only hit colder than negative 20 twice so far.

@quitthedrama we were all set to move by the end of last winter! Had a new neighborhood and school all picked out and everything. Somehow that whole plan evaporated for everyone except me, and now I am stuck here forever. (or until I have enough money to move on my own!)

where I am in NY - it is definitely worse this winter. snow seems about the same to me.. two snow days each winter semester but the temperatures are much lower. I think there was one total week last winter where the windchill temperatures were -20 max. this year there's been at least 3 or 4 weeks where it's been -30 or worse at night.

all I know is I regret cheerleading and beating up my body at the moment because my joints are feeling it. all the free chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, lasers, and heat in the world aren't even denting the pain.

I need a vacation to somewhere tropical and humid.

I don't understand how girls are competing with only a part of their hair up to hold the bow? I'd go blind if I didn't have my hair up-I'm too scared to leave it down. I mean it looks super cute though.

Woke up this morning to an email that my credit limit was increased by 2000 dollars!!

So I had money to book a room for myself in Vegas since none of my teammates opened their floor to me (even though I asked several times, I'm not bitter or anything). The age requirement for checking in to a room in Vegas is 21 y/o..... I'm 19. I'm just praying that they'll let me check in anyways. I paid for it on my card and I'm traveling alone, so hopefully they'll let it slide. Hopefully.

Woke up this morning to an email that my credit limit was increased by 2000 dollars!!

So I had money to book a room for myself in Vegas since none of my teammates opened their floor to me (even though I asked several times, I'm not bitter or anything). The age requirement for checking in to a room in Vegas is 21 y/o..... I'm 19. I'm just praying that they'll let me check in anyways. I paid for it on my card and I'm traveling alone, so hopefully they'll let it slide. Hopefully.
Well call them to double check about the age requirement, because it will totally suck to be there and not allowed to check in!

Well call them to double check about the age requirement, because it will totally suck to be there and not allowed to check in!
Agreed, I have to show my ID every time I check in to a hotel. I would hate to see you have issues when you are so far from home.

Back