OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
When I was younger (6th grade?) contacts and touching my eye gave me a lot of trouble, but now they're no problem since I'm so used to it, and since I had super dry eyes for a while my contact would just jump out of my eye randomly and I had to be able to put it back in quickly. My brothers are identical twins, one wears contacts and the other one can't touch his eye at all. If anyone comes near him his eye just closes. We've been working with him for months trying to get him comfortable with it so he can wear contacts but there's been no progress. He hates wearing his glasses too and "forgets" them all the time.
I've never had air blown in my eye when I go to the eye doctor but it sounds horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was younger (6th grade?) contacts and touching my eye gave me a lot of trouble, but now they're no problem since I'm so used to it, and since I had super dry eyes for a while my contact would just jump out of my eye randomly and I had to be able to put it back in quickly. My brothers are identical twins, one wears contacts and the other one can't touch his eye at all. If anyone comes near him his eye just closes. We've been working with him for months trying to get him comfortable with it so he can wear contacts but there's been no progress. He hates wearing his glasses too and "forgets" them all the time.
I've never had air blown in my eye when I go to the eye doctor but it sounds horrible.

The air blow thing is in place of dilation. It isn't bad at all (unless you are squeamish/phobic). It is so much better if you are driving! I wrecked my car last time I got my eyes dilated and would have refused to do it if it wasn't for the new machine. It also gives much better views than with dilation.

Eta: maybe that test doesn't puff air. I keep remembering my non cp being scared something was going to come out of the machine. She got so stressed out that I had to go first. I get stressed thinking about my wreck which is why I can't remember eye appointment stuff.

Last edited:
She didn't need sugar from giving blood. She felt like she was going to pass out from fear. But, they won't give out any good anti-anxiety meds for a school lab! ;)

My oldest started having a panic attack just seeing a needle last week. She does better giving a blood sample in the lab than she does getting a shot.
When people are scared usually their blood sugar drops. It's quite common that's why I said sugar ..but thanks;)

The air blow thing is in place of dilation. It isn't bad at all (unless you are squeamish/phobic). It is so much better if you are driving! I wrecked my car last time I got my eyes dilated and would have refused to do it if it wasn't for the new machine. It also gives much better views than with dilation.

Eta: maybe that test doesn't puff air. I keep remembering my non cp being scared something was going to come out of the machine. She got so stressed out that I had to go first. I get stressed thinking about my wreck which is why I can't remember eye appointment stuff.
I've never had my eyes dilated either! And I go regularly because my eyes are awful

I HATE NEEDLES!!! I'm 19 and have to have people hold me down to do shots/finger pricks/ whatever.... One time I tried to give blood. All of my friends were doing it so I wanted to be a big kid too. I passed out while giving blood. I didn't weigh enough (i weighed like 93 pounds my freshman year) and passed out.... So yeah... no blood. NOPE.
I also hate the dentist because I had an underbite and had a really traumatic experience when I had a root canal when I was like 7. THE DUDE FORGOT TO GIVE ME THE NUMBING SHOTS. and then realized he forgot and gave them to me. AFTER HE STARTED. like how are you even a dentist????? I never went back there. EVER. I've only gone to a dentist for teeth cleaning and anything else (besides braces) I have gone to an oral surgeon for. Before I got braces I had 9 teeth pulled because my teeth grew in behind my other teeth so my baby teeth never fell out. I ACTUALLY HATE THE DENTIST. Don't get me started on the GI doctor either..... I also hate the GI doctor. But I do love physical therapy. Okay I'm done.

I have a fear of needles but only if i see them. I have been to the doctor so many times with my scoliosis and have to give blood samples everytime so ive kinda got used to it. I have a huge fear of the dentist too. I am 24 and still needs someone to go with me.. but lately ive been going by myself.. HUGE accomplishment for me..

I loath the dentist and after the last couple weeks it's even worse now. I had a cavity done not this past Tuesday but the one before and my tongue is still partially numb from the lidocaine. Then on top of that on Monday morning my jaw was killing me and I could barely open it so I went back to the dentist to ask them what the heck was going on and the guy (who isn't even my dentist) said it must be "trauma" from having my mouth open too long. I have tmj so having it all the way open for that long bothers me but it was fine the next day and then all week until Sunday night when it started to get sore. Makes no sense. So now I have to take anti inflammatories and add a muscle relaxer too so that I can make it go away. I can barely eat anything ..went to a concert tonight and my friend insisted on McDonald's so I got a qp'r and fries and I only ate half the burger because it was so hard/painful to open my mouth...it won't even open half way. Not that I'm complaining too much about not being able to eat McDonald's lol I hate McDonald's.

I'm totally fine with needles/shots/donating blood/what have you but NOT FINE AT ALL with touching my eye. I can't event have other people do my eyeliner or anything. I am very thankful for my good eyesight because contacts would not fly with me.

I'm actually okay with needles now. In 6th grade, I had shots of some type of anesthesia between my toes (toe nail removed due to basically being vertical). It was the most painful thing ever. Two weeks later, I went to the doctor for a shot and it was okay.

At first I thought I was terrified of needles, but then after taking out my moms stitches after she had a minor cut and nearly passing out, I realized what I can't stand: things going in/out of skin.
I'm totally fine with shots and giving blood if I don't look. But I can't watch shots or getting stitches, even if it's fake on TV. I get so squeamish and nauseous. But I'm fine with watching people get tattoos because the needles go so fast you can't really see them pierce skin.

My friend just photoshopped a picture of me and Justin Timberlake on the red carpet for my birthday and I have actual tears this is great we look so good

Only because it's your birthday will I not be upset about how good you look with my man!! Happy birthday. :)

can I use spray paint indoors? it should be a quick project and i'd have to wait a month or two if I want to do it outside and not get frostbite... will I get high or set off the fire alarms?

can I use spray paint indoors? it should be a quick project and i'd have to wait a month or two if I want to do it outside and not get frostbite... will I get high or set off the fire alarms?
I've done it before... I can't stop laughing about whether u'd get high or not lol.... just be sure its not like a stuffy room... I have a decent kitchen and attached is a room like an indoor patio... its freezing but less cold then outside... I've spray painted in there... also in the garage... use a cloth or something to cover your mouth and nose....

Open a window and spray it near there and you should be fine. I had to spray my art work to set it all through college so it wouldn't get damaged and I did it inside the dorms countless times.

Back