OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
For all the mommas out there...when it comes to diaper bags, what should I be looking for? Honestly I'm thinking about getting another nfinity backpack and calling it a day. I don't like big over-the-shoulder bags--I'm definitely leaning more towards a backpack/sling back pack style. I don't even carry purses because I they annoy me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is everything related to prom so expensive? I'm so glad tickets are only $10 at my school bc I know in other places they can be $50+

My prom was actually called a debutante ball and the ticket was roughly just over $90 each and you were expected to buy your dates ticket too

(I'm not from the U.S. by the way)

My prom was $50 per person and $50 per person for Prom Rendezvous which was where we went to Cedar Point after prom for fun I guess lol. My date paid for my tickets both years (Which was super nice so s/o to him). You didnt haaaaave to go to Cedar Point but like 90% of people did. Our original tickets included the venue & dinner.

For all the mommas out there...when it comes to diaper bags, what should I be looking for? Honestly I'm thinking about getting another nfinity backpack and calling it a day. I don't like big over-the-shoulder bags--I'm definitely leaning more towards a backpack/sling back pack style. I don't even carry purses because I they annoy me lol

Comfort and ease of use. Whatever you think will be easiest for you to a) carry, and b) get stuff out of with one hand.

Life with an infant is all about learning to do everything one handed. You will want to be able to grab your quick-need necessities without having to put down baby (or even the bag in an ideal world). So outside pockets/pouches are an absolute must. You'll want to able to grab wipes/receiving blanket (for spit up/barf/other gross things that babies insist on doing at the worst times), pacifier ("OMG please don't cry here!"), and bottle ("OMG you're still crying... Help!") without missing a beat. Everything else you'll be setting baby and bag down anyway, so the other stuff can all be zipped inside.

The backpack may work, but the shoulder bag is easier if you're carrying baby. (and you'll be holding him/her much more than you may think - I swore I'd never be one of those moms that carried their baby whenever baby wanted, but I was so in love with her I just couldn't put her down lol)

Aaaaahhhh... It's been so long since I've had a baby baby! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

Comfort and ease of use. Whatever you think will be easiest for you to a) carry, and b) get stuff out of with one hand.

Life with an infant is all about learning to do everything one handed. You will want to be able to grab your quick-need necessities without having to put down baby (or even the bag in an ideal world). So outside pockets/pouches are an absolute must. You'll want to able to grab wipes/receiving blanket (for spit up/barf/other gross things that babies insist on doing at the worst times), pacifier ("OMG please don't cry here!"), and bottle ("OMG you're still crying... Help!") without missing a beat. Everything else you'll be setting baby and bag down anyway, so the other stuff can all be zipped inside.

The backpack may work, but the shoulder bag is easier if you're carrying baby. (and you'll be holding him/her much more than you may think - I swore I'd never be one of those moms that carried their baby whenever baby wanted, but I was so in love with her I just couldn't put her down lol)

Aaaaahhhh... It's been so long since I've had a baby baby! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]
Thank you! I wasn't sure if I should have one a little more compartmentalized. I think I was looking for an excuse to buy another, but I'll look into the one shoulder sling bags.

We had our initial gender scan yesterday...but peanut was being quite stubborn so I go back next week to confirm what the tech was thinking. The suspense is killer!

my roommates are leaving this summer and not subleasing their rooms. I'm so stoked to have my whole apartment to myself all summer!

If anyone is interested in whats happening up here in Canada!

"The Waterloo Region District School school board has sent a letter home to parents to explain exactly how a potential teachers' strike would affect their children amid a backdrop of mounting tension between teachers and school administrators as they try to hash out a labour deal before an early May deadline.
The letter, sent Tuesday and addressed to "students and families," is signed by director of education John Bryant and board chair Kathleen Woodcock. It comes on the same day teachers in Peel Region set an official strike date of May 4 and on the second day of a strike already underway by high school teachers in Durham Region.

The letter from the Waterloo District School Board warns parents of a potential strike by local high school teachers on May as teachers in Durham hit the picket lines for a second day. (Shannon Martin/CBC)

"Our concern is the with the safety, success and well-being of our students," the letter said. "We want you to clearly understand the status of our schools if there is a full withdrawal of services in WRDSB secondary schools."

Under provincial law, school boards must be given at least five days notice before any strike action by teachers is to take place.

"As such, the earliest possible WRDSB teachers may strike is May 4, 2015," the letter said.

It goes on to provide a list of cancellations and closures in the event high school teachers walk off the job:
All WRDSB secondary schools would be closed.
  • All instructional programs for grade 9 to 12 students will be cancelled.
  • Extracurricular activities, field trips and school events will be cancelled.
  • Buses for secondary students will not operate.
  • Buses will continue their routes for elementary students only.
The letter also said that teachers will likely be picketing outside of Waterloo Region District School Board secondary schools, but the board does not expect picket lines outside elementary schools.

The union representing Waterloo Region high school teachers, however would not comment on the letter or any potential job action.

"We continue to negotiate and are still hopeful of a fairly negotiated settlement," Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation District 24 President Sherry Freund wrote in an email to CBC News on Tuesday. "No comment."

The Durham job action is the first full strike by Ontario teachers since the Liberals came to power more than a decade ago.

There were rotating one-day strikes three years ago when the unions were angered by the government's decision to legislate contracts and wage freezes on the teachers.

The relationship has since slowly improved but tension is brewing once again as the Liberals try to eliminate a $10.9-billion budget deficit through measures that include "net zero" increases in contract negotiations, though the unions say there are outstanding issues other than wages."

does anyone else ever get the urge to interrogate a board member or two? like majority of people on here either purposely give away a lot of info about their life or just through random conversations you learn a lot about people's "real" lives off the boards... and then there is a handful of people that have literally just never said a word about themselves and either have unhealthy obsessions with a certain team/gym or know everything about everyone and i just have so many questions for them... like how old are you? do you have a job? what do you do with your day? why do you know so much about certain cheer-things? but i don't ask because that'd probably be rude.

random thought of the day.
Hope you don't mean me lol... but IDK, that might make for an interesting thread. FTR, Cheer Coach is where I get 99% of my info.

If anyone is interested in whats happening up here in Canada!

"The Waterloo Region District School school board has sent a letter home to parents to explain exactly how a potential teachers' strike would affect their children amid a backdrop of mounting tension between teachers and school administrators as they try to hash out a labour deal before an early May deadline.
The letter, sent Tuesday and addressed to "students and families," is signed by director of education John Bryant and board chair Kathleen Woodcock. It comes on the same day teachers in Peel Region set an official strike date of May 4 and on the second day of a strike already underway by high school teachers in Durham Region.

The letter from the Waterloo District School Board warns parents of a potential strike by local high school teachers on May as teachers in Durham hit the picket lines for a second day. (Shannon Martin/CBC)

"Our concern is the with the safety, success and well-being of our students," the letter said. "We want you to clearly understand the status of our schools if there is a full withdrawal of services in WRDSB secondary schools."

Under provincial law, school boards must be given at least five days notice before any strike action by teachers is to take place.

"As such, the earliest possible WRDSB teachers may strike is May 4, 2015," the letter said.

It goes on to provide a list of cancellations and closures in the event high school teachers walk off the job:
All WRDSB secondary schools would be closed.
  • All instructional programs for grade 9 to 12 students will be cancelled.
  • Extracurricular activities, field trips and school events will be cancelled.
  • Buses for secondary students will not operate.
  • Buses will continue their routes for elementary students only.
The letter also said that teachers will likely be picketing outside of Waterloo Region District School Board secondary schools, but the board does not expect picket lines outside elementary schools.

The union representing Waterloo Region high school teachers, however would not comment on the letter or any potential job action.

"We continue to negotiate and are still hopeful of a fairly negotiated settlement," Ontario Secondary School Teachers Federation District 24 President Sherry Freund wrote in an email to CBC News on Tuesday. "No comment."

The Durham job action is the first full strike by Ontario teachers since the Liberals came to power more than a decade ago.

There were rotating one-day strikes three years ago when the unions were angered by the government's decision to legislate contracts and wage freezes on the teachers.

The relationship has since slowly improved but tension is brewing once again as the Liberals try to eliminate a $10.9-billion budget deficit through measures that include "net zero" increases in contract negotiations, though the unions say there are outstanding issues other than wages."
Double post, but when does then Canadian school year end? May, right (at least that's what I could figure from Degrassi)?

Back