OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh trust me, I believe it. I'm paying about $1000 for two seasons tickets to my school's football games. Seven games total. And that doesn't include the amount you have to pay to join the club just to be able to purchase them.

And then I wonder why I'm so broke, lol
Wow that's crazy! My oldest is going to Penn State this year and season football tickets for students are about $218. Of course, season tix for freshman sold out in 6 minutes last year. I have the alarm set on my phone and am ready!

Wow that's crazy! My oldest is going to Penn State this year and season football tickets for students are about $218. Of course, season tix for freshman sold out in 6 minutes last year. I have the alarm set on my phone and am ready!
Tickets are free for students here! I should have made it more clear that I was an alum when I said "my school", haha. That's the charge for regular, no student tickets. We probably paid for them hidden somewhere in an athletic fee charge on tuition or something, but no extra charge for them. You also request them week by week through a lottery system online that rewards upperclassman and those who have attended previous games. I really thought they had a great system. It got harder to get tickets for classes after mine, but all four years I got a ticket to every single game. (Except for the SEC Championship one year. It was my sophomore year so I didn't have tons of points and only 200 or so were selected out of the entire student body)

May the ticket odds be ever in your favor. I would have honestly slipped in to a depression if I had to miss an entire season of games, freshman or not!

If anyone could help out with donations to my JDRF Type 1 Cure walk that would be beyond amazing! To date I've had roughly 58540 blood sugar tests, around 1825 shots, around 136 infusion and cartridge changes, and that's only half of it. It would be nice to find a cure so I can one day not have to calculate every carb, correct every high and low and actually get a decent sleep! Oh and the costs going out the window would be great! hahaha

here is the link to donate! you have to copy and paste :)

jdrfca.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=263759

I really want to try to raise over 1K as a team but I had 2 team mates drop out and are going to a dayclub event instead...

I'd be happy with even 2 dollar donations at this point! Every dollar counts right? :)

Students have to pay for tickets? That's crazy!!!

Uuuuuuggghhh! I'm so upset. I've been up since 5am, proofreading the program and some other stuff for our recital (has to be at the printer by 10am). 5am is super early for me, because I don't get home from work until about 11,and do t go to bed until about 2am....so I'm exhausted and obviously an idiot.

Sooooooo... I'm rummaging around in my nightstand, looking for a pen and I see some open scissors. I think, "Whoa. I could cut myself! Better close those!" <snip> "Uh... What was that? Did I just cut something?"

Yep. Just cut my $100 Gear Circle headphones. Are you kidding me? Got them free with my S6, so it's not like I'll ever replace them. Cut right through them. I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm on the verge of tears.

Eta - found some cheap on eBay. Hope they're legit... Because I cannot go on vacation without headphones!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I didn't realize it was crazy until now. I thought $218 was a bargain!
I had quite a few friends go to Ohio State, and I remember them setting alarms and such our senior year of high school to get their freshman tickets. I don't remember how much it was but I remember it being a pretty good amount.

So, I am a substitute teacher. I don't have a car so I ride the bus, I walk or, when it is too complicated, I take a taxi. It was the case this morning.

So, I get in the car and I tell the driver to go to Whatever elementary. His reply, after looking at me through the mirror for a few seconds: aren't you a little old to go there?

... really? This is the second time a driver tells me this. I don't even pretend to laugh...

And of course everytime I tell them I am a sub, they ALL have political opinions on our education system. This is kind of a hot topic right now in Quebec. Government is cutting like crazy in our budget and many teachers (especially special ed) won't have a job next year. Our amazing gov wants us to have more kids per class... there is more, but if I tell you everything they plan, I might change into Hulk.

Let's just say I started my day annoyed. I had to tell someone.

Last edited:
omg. y'all should see the price of hockey tickets. i have trouble admitting how much i have spent on them but i can tell you 300 for decent seat is a pretty good price... (at least for team i wanna see)

I'd never pay that much unless it was the Stanley Cup Final's clinching game and the Habs were guaranteed a win.

I paid 200 (well, my dad did) for my Frozen Four/best weekend of my life tickets...but that was for three games. (I entered and won the NCAA ticket lottery because I had a feeling this would be Providence's year. I'm spooky.) I know people who paid double that for just the final. Either way, worth it!
--
At PC, every sport's tickets were free except for men's basketball, which were 7/game or 99 for a season ticket. I never bought them because I cheered freshman year and got in free...and realized I hated basketball sophomore, junior, and senior years.

Last edited:
Are you going to bring your blender to school and make smoothies in your class? :p

In all realness, I'm interested in the responses you get because I've recently learned how to add spinach to smoothies without it tasting like poop and I wish I could permanently borrow my parents' nutribullet. And because I'm a kitchen appliance wh*re and I'll spend hours looking at things in department stores.
lol no I meant it more as of "I can make this at 7:45 and drink it on my walk to class" lol

Does anyone have a nutri ninja? I'm thinking about asking for one for my birthday but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm not huge on the whole green juice craze but I do like drinking fresh smoothies and I feel like it could come in handy when I'm sitting in one class from 8AM-1:45 next semester. Thoughts?

I was stuck between the ninja & bullet, I went with the bullet because the price was better. I LOVE it! It's super convenient that you can blend and not transfer cups if you don't want to! Mine blends nice and smooth, I've had it for about 2.5 yrs now and it works fine. Also doesn't take up a lot of counter space which is nice.

I was stuck between the ninja & bullet, I went with the bullet because the price was better. I LOVE it! It's super convenient that you can blend and not transfer cups if you don't want to! Mine blends nice and smooth, I've had it for about 2.5 yrs now and it works fine. Also doesn't take up a lot of counter space which is nice.
This has nothing to do with blenders but on the app, the preview for you post was just "I was stuck between a ninja and a bullet" and I have to admit it peaked my interest[emoji23]

I'd never pay that much unless it was the Stanley Cup Final's clinching game and the Habs were guaranteed a win.

I paid 200 (well, my dad did) for my Frozen Four/best weekend of my life tickets...but that was for three games. (I entered and won the NCAA ticket lottery because I had a feeling this would be Providence's year. I'm spooky.) I know people who paid double that for just the final. Either way, worth it!
--
At PC, every sport's tickets were free except for men's basketball, which were 7/game or 99 for a season ticket. I never bought them because I cheered freshman year and got in free...and realized I hated basketball sophomore, junior, and senior years.

Our sports teams were all terrible and thus were all free. You just had to show up with your student id. I think hockey was the only one that would actually "sell out." For any playoff games I think they'd have some day when you could go get tickets in advance.

Our sports teams were all terrible and thus were all free. You just had to show up with your student id. I think hockey was the only one that would actually "sell out." For any playoff games I think they'd have some day when you could go get tickets in advance.

I actually liked Mullins when I visited. It was kinda dead because school was on break, but y'all have a nice arena.

Latest posts

Back