OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone think that they actually save money using a meal plan?

I didn't really do the normal college thing and even though I go to college out of state, I live in my own apartment so I'm technically a commuter student. I wiggled my way out of my school's undergrad requirements in order to have my own space.

Anyways, I never eat on campus and I haven't set foot inside a dining hall in 3 years. So, obviously, I grocery shop and eat at work. (food service, yay) But I never compared the amount that I would have to spend in the dining hall vs the amount I spend grocery shopping. Thoughts?

I didn't really do the normal college thing and even though I go to college out of state, I live in my own apartment so I'm technically a commuter student. I wiggled my way out of my school's undergrad requirements in order to have my own space.

Anyways, I never eat on campus and I haven't set foot inside a dining hall in 3 years. So, obviously, I grocery shop and eat at work. (food service, yay) But I never compared the amount that I would have to spend in the dining hall vs the amount I spend grocery shopping. Thoughts?
My meal plan is about 4 grand a year. Theres no way I would spend that much on food since if I actually could cook my parents would send me back with food every time I went home. They buy meat and tons of other things in bulk so even my mom only spends about 50-75 dollars a week on food for four people when we all lived at home. When I lived abroad for a semester I probably spent 500 dollars on food in over four months, if that.

My senior year my meal plan was $1,000 a semester, so $2,000 a year. I think that's pretty close to what I would've spent if I lived off campus. My eating habits were so luxurious then. Now it's like "What's healthy and cheap? ...bananas it is." Then I buy 4 pounds of bananas for like $2.

Never fear, our hero Howard Sherman (aka, that guy who records most of the ham4hams) is here:

John really missed an opportunity by not answering "Who is, Aaron Burr, Sir?"

Ugh, sit down, John, you fat m****rf*cker.

Y'all talk about this so much, I think it is time I finally break down and buy tickets.

AT LEAST JUST BUY/LISTEN THE ALBUM. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED. (Target has it on sale for like $21, It's usually $28. I know because I bought it for my mom for Christmas.)

And then you can impress your friends with how much you know about American history :)

LOL. Resale tickets usually hover around the $270+ (with a good chunk over $1000) mark.
It's either that or wait until next September when it begins an open ended run in Chicago.
You can often find single tickets at face value on Craig's List. Especially if I'm not picky when I go.

DS's awesome meal plan is definitely worth it. If he eats 4 times per day it comes out to <$4.00 per meal for all you can eat. Since he often goes 6 times, I definitely think we get our money's worth. Plus, since DS is NOT safe in the kitchen (and doesn't really have time to cook full meals) he would be buying only restaurant and convenience food which cost a lot.

CP eats less and is a good cook, so it might not be as cost effective for her. She probably won't have a meal plan after freshman year.

Ours is $2910 for the smallest plan, 350 meals a year (175 per semester). It comes out to about $7.75 per meal, less than if you went to the dining hall without a meal plan but not worth it for the quality of food you get and the time you spend waiting in line, IMO. The annoying thing to me is that if you go to one of our dining halls where you order something priced in $ but can use swipes for it, $7 = 1 swipe... But you payed $7.75 for the swipe. Plus everything is over priced which makes it worse - for example, you can get a box of pop tarts at the store for like $1.79... That's how much it costs for one packet at the dining hall. So it's definitely not saving money overall, but it's nice because I don't have to spend my own money on that stuff since it's covered in my plan (so covered by scholarships). It would definitely be more cost effective to just cook for yourself (at least I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend $3000 on food over the course of the school year) but not exactly plausible in a dorm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spend $1,000 on my meal plan each year ($500 a semester). I live in an on campus apartment but I have class from 9-5 (and work on campus) everyday so I eat a lot on campus instead of walking back to my apartment. Also I don't cook so that's a biggie.

My freshman year I got our largest meal plan that was $1000 a semester. I believe our three plans are $1000/semester, $500/semester and $250 semester. You can also go and load more on later if you need it. Our dining plan is like a debit card.

We have "pass points" too which are also like a debit card and can be used on campus dining, laundry, the bookstore, vending machines, printing, and off campus merchants (like subway and noodles). I get like $200 a semester.

I spend $1,000 on my meal plan each year ($500 a semester). I live in an on campus apartment but I have class from 9-5 (and work on campus) everyday so I eat a lot on campus instead of walking back to my apartment. Also I don't cook so that's a biggie.

My freshman year I got our largest meal plan that was $1000 a semester. I believe our three plans are $1000/semester, $500/semester and $250 semester. You can also go and load more on later if you need it. Our dining plan is like a debit card.

We have "pass points" too which are also like a debit card and can be used on campus dining, laundry, the bookstore, vending machines, printing, and off campus merchants (like subway and noodles). I get like $200 a semester.

Wow that is an extremely well priced meal plan!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

On today's Jeopardy! there's an entire category dedicated to Hamilton. AKA, the only time I'll be able to successfully answer every question in a category on Jeopardy!.
But how can you ignore the fact that there was a category on Harry Potter Last Names?!?!?! I ran that category. And the Crossword Clues "T" category. I was feeling pretty smart last night.

Back