OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
No one's lives were ruined. We're they enbarrassed? Yeah. But ruined? That's a a stretch. None of them are being put on blast by millons of people world wide - it's mostly contained within the cheer community. Their futures aren't put in jeopardy. They will probably still get into college and land jobs. Tweeting a hurtful thing once is a "mistake". Continually tweeting hurtful and derogatory comments about a number of teams for over a year is NOT a "mistake".

Im tired of the "theyre kids" excuse. It perpetuates the brattyness and shows them there are no real consequences for their actions. Kids should be expected to make mistakes but they should also act like mature humans and be held to certain standards. The kids behind the anons should be held accountable for their actions.

CSP stepped up and put a complete end to it. That was the adult thing to do.
maybe not "ruined" but the girl who's number was posted (which I am so not okay with) claims she has received dozens of nasty texts and calls. that's not okay! this girl is likely going to have to change her phone number. I'm not sure how old she is, but to her it probably seems her life is ruined.. it's hypocritical.. you're sick of your kids being bullied (which is totally understandable) but now this kid is being bullied by CSP's thousands of followers. I'm not sure that I can think of a better solution, but I really don't like how this one was handled.

maybe not "ruined" but the girl who's number was posted (which I am so not okay with) claims she has received dozens of nasty texts and calls. that's not okay! this girl is likely going to have to change her phone number. I'm not sure how old she is, but to her it probably seems her life is ruined.. it's hypocritical.. you're sick of your kids being bullied (which is totally understandable) but now this kid is being bullied by CSP's thousands of followers. I'm not sure that I can think of a better solution, but I really don't like how this one was handled.

I've already said I don't agree with the phone number incident but the cheer anons wont stop unless they are publicly unmasked. There is no other option. Despite the common saying, you actually can fight fire with fire.

Also i disagree, being bombarded with texts and changing a phone number isn't "life ruining." It's a mere inconvenience. Everything is life ruining when you're 15. These kids are not real victims. They are the victims of their own crime. They put themselves in this situation. They created their own "demise". I can't feel sorry for them.

Is one instance of posting, such as CSP did bullying or is bullying a repeated occurrence?

Btw, which anon Twitter is the one that outright said CSP performed fellatio, not same terminology used, on the judges so CEA would win at a specific competition?

**F T A A T H T R I O**

Is one instance of posting, such as CSP did bullying or is bullying a repeated occurrence?

Btw, which anon Twitter is the one that outright said CSP performed fellatio, not same terminology used, on the judges so CEA would win at a specific competition?

**F T A A T H T R I O**
I don't think what CSP did is bullying a bit far for my taste but not bullying.
The more details that come out about this the more I feel like we as parents need to remind our kids how to behave on social media, it can't just be the gym telling them, it also has to come from home.
Kids need to be reminded that whatever they post on the Internet will stay there forever, wether it be them being a bully with an anon account or them posting pictures of them selves pretending to do drugs. Hopefully this will all blow over soon and the anon accounts will stop harassing people!

**F T A A T H T R I O**

The one who's number was posted. How many BJ's did she have to give the judges to get that $$$?

And, I'll have to agree to disagree with the last few posts. (Though I read them and am trying to learn something from them) Her life is so "ruined" she didn't even delete her account? Not likely. She's apologized and vowed to be a positive anon so we'll see how that plays out. I hope she learned something and turns a corner.

I don't think what CSP did is bullying a bit far for my taste but not bullying.
The more details that come out about this the more I feel like we as parents need to remind our kids how to behave on social media, it can't just be the gym telling them, it also has to come from home.
Kids need to be reminded that whatever they post on the Internet will stay there forever, wether it be them being a bully with an anon account or them posting pictures of them selves pretending to do drugs. Hopefully this will all blow over soon and the anon accounts will stop harassing people!

I really hope so!!! From both parties involved....Anon and Coed Girl!

The one who's number was posted. How many BJ's did she have to give the judges to get that $$$?

And, I'll have to agree to disagree with the last few posts. (Though I read them and am trying to learn something from them) Her life is so "ruined" she didn't even delete her account? Not likely. She's apologized and vowed to be a positive anon so we'll see how that plays out. I hope she learned something and turns a corner.
This is what makes it hard to have any sympathy for the child or believe she has any remorse for what she has done. And the fact that her parents are either unaware or are aware and are still letting her have access to social media after seeing the posts she is made - at her age - is really concerning.
On a lighter note, the "attorney's" involvement on twitter is hilarious. She needs to go back to law school.

Do we know for sure who owns that number? Because one of my online searches came back to a Mike in Philly. I mean, do we know for sure that the number she gave out belongs to a minor? Seriously asking, not being snotty. ;)

This is what makes it hard to have any sympathy for the child or believe she has any remorse for what she has done. And the fact that her parents are either unaware or are aware and are still letting her have access to social media after seeing the posts she is made - at her age - is really concerning.
On a lighter note, the "attorney's" involvement on twitter is hilarious. She needs to go back to law school.

Ugh, yes. But how many parents have we all come across that if you showed them their kid standing over a dead body with a gun and a knife in their hands would still say, Oh but Little Billy would never do something like that? He's a little angel!

Parents like that should turn in their parent card.

Maybe she didn't graduate at the top of her class? Someone has to be in last place.

For god knows what reason CEA always seems to be the gym thats picked on the most... maybe its because their coaches are so public and have very active twitter accounts, maybe its because they've let the cameras into their gym the past few seasons. Who knows. But anytime one of their teams win, its like a bashfest 24/7. I wanna say smoed comes in a close second cause they do get a lot of heat, but again they willingly let people into their gym with cameras...
Maybe its time to do away with all that stuff..... i do think the fans make things worse, its easy to agitate the actual athletes of all these teams when all you have to do is send them a simple twitter mention, etc. I think if it wasnt for the fans getting so overly involved a lot of these athletes would brush these things off pretty quickly.

Ugh, yes. But how many parents have we all come across that if you showed them their kid standing over a dead body with a gun and a knife in their hands would still say, Oh but Little Billy would never do something like that? He's a little angel!

Parents like that should turn in their parent card.

Well, not everyone was meant to be a parent.

But I was wondering the same thing. Would it have been more productive to tell mommy and daddy on these people? If someone has enough access in order to get a supposed cell phone # of this anon, then it wouldn't be too difficult to find that person's parents either. A quick phone call or email might do the trick.

Do we know for sure who owns that number? Because one of my online searches came back to a Mike in Philly. I mean, do we know for sure that the number she gave out belongs to a minor? Seriously asking, not being snotty. ;)

That could very well be the owner (father?) of the wireless account and he could have several numbers tied back to his name but all belonging to the others on the account. Before I took over my cell phone account, it was under my dads name and he was the "owner" of the number. Now I'm the owner of my number, my sisters number and his number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the subject of the lawyer:
First I want to say I'm not a stalker, and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but it really pisses me off when randoms threaten legal action on the Internet (oh hey, Fierce Elite). I had a geography test today so I was procrastinating studying last night and did some research on her. She's a lawyer in the UK yet the Twitter account location is Durham, NC. According to the website of the firm she works for, she passed the bar (or the UK equivalent) in 2006. Her LinkedIn of the same photo says she rides horses. I'm putting her at like, 36ish. It's possible she has kids old enough to be on Twitter and be obsessed with American cheerleading drama, but according to a Rachel O'Hagan's facebook she's been married for 6ish years and (like the linkedin) she rides horses. (Like dressage, all fancy and stuff.) her Facebook has numerous pictures of her horses and her husband and her family (sisters, parents) but no kids, except like a niece or something. Lastly, there's another, private Twitter account under her name... @rachohagan I think. The profile pic isn't from her Facebook, but if that's not her she has a twin. Also, I don't know a lot of lawyers, but the ones I know would never jeopardize their business by letting their kids play and retweet on their Twitter account, as well as call out a random American cheer coach on social media where all her clients can see. Also, from what I could tell she only follows cheer twitters and for the most part, has no non-cheer followers. Idk, but something isn't adding up.

Back