OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I was fairly young (8 years old) when my family had to put down our dog, but I remember it being the first time I had seen my mum cry, which was strange for me as she used to never let us see her upset. My dog Sammy was 16 and had had a stroke.

Thoughts are with you @U.E. Cheer xox

I'll spare you the details but both my dogs were hit by cars a year ago and we had to put down the older one because he wasn't going to make it through surgery. Suffice to say, when I left the doggy ER after holding him while the vet administered everything, I was hysterical and all the techs and vets were crying because of me. Most horrible thing ever.
Same thing happened when we put our dog down. We all stayed with her and cuddles her while the vet put her down and there wasn't a dry eye in the office with how emotional my mom , sister, and I all were.

Praying for you and your family U.E. Cheer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had to put 2 dogs down in my life :( it is seriously the hardest thing ever, I still cry about it when I think about it to this day...
:( we just went thru this with our older dog a couple of days before Christmas. She was a rescue dog that we had for about 12 years. She was a great dog so it was really difficult. My husband, daughter and son went -and stayed with her- I said my good bye at home. I was too emotional. Prayers and thoughts for your family.
My thoughts are with you @U.E Cheer . It is so tough losing a dog. They are such special creatures.

Thank y'all! She was 10 and we believe she had a stroke the week before Christmas. All of us kids went to my moms that week of christmas and she couldn't walk, couldn't really bark and she was miserable but I knew she was glad to be home and not at the vets anymore! I took her on a ton of four wheeler rides (she LOVED it) and sat outside with her. This is our second dog to put down, our first, was our first family dog, a mini schnauzer she was about 16 and was blind and deaf. I'm sure they're up in heaven right now running around as if they're puppies and know they are very loved <3 Y'all are so kind I love my FB family!

Thank y'all! She was 10 and we believe she had a stroke the week before Christmas. All of us kids went to my moms that week of christmas and she couldn't walk, couldn't really bark and she was miserable but I knew she was glad to be home and not at the vets anymore! I took her on a ton of four wheeler rides (she LOVED it) and sat outside with her. This is our second dog to put down, our first, was our first family dog, a mini schnauzer she was about 16 and was blind and deaf. I'm sure they're up in heaven right now running around as if they're puppies and know they are very loved <3 Y'all are so kind I love my FB family!
May I ask what kind of dog your last one was? So strange with the story of your first dog because that was the mirror image of mine. She was a miniature schnauzer as well(gray/black mix), 15, blind and deaf and just really miserable. She was very picky about those around her and unfortunately didn't always like me so I didn't have a true connection to her though and we put her down as we were moving across the country.

Our last dog, however, was one of the hardest experiences of my life. She was a golden retriever rescue and we had her since she was 9 months old. Just the sweetest thing in the world and loved everybody. She started to get really sick right after she turned 10 and couldn't keep any food down. They discovered she was suffering from kidney failure and there was nothing we could do. I bawled for 2 hours straight and my boyfriend has never had a pet so it was hard for him to understand how hard it was. It's honestly like losing a family member so I feel for you. I'm sure all of our amazing pets are up there at the best dog park ever just loving life! Prayers to you and your family!!

When I was in 5th grade, so probably 10 or 11, our dog was losing a ton of weight and nobody could figure out why. We took her to countless vets before one agreed to do an open surgery to find out what was wrong. We figured she ate something and it got stuck somewhere. Turns out she had throat cancer and thats why she couldn't eat. They ended up putting her down while in surgery so nobody got to say goodbye. A year before that we had to put my moms cat down because her body was literally shutting down. One day she was fine, and the next nobody had seen her all day which was odd for her. We found her underneath an end table looking terrible. We ended up taking her to the emergency vet that night knowing it would be unfair to her to keep her alive even until the next day. It was strange how quickly she went from perfectly fine to dying. I was probably 8 at the time so I really had no clue what was going on. Losing pets is terrible but its 10x worse when you don't see it coming.

When I was 5 we came home from a wonderful thanksgiving with our family and something was wrong with our older dog, Ashley (I think she was around 10-12). I can't remember exactly what since that was 16 years ago but we ended up putting her down that night. I remember my mom feeling so bad because we were gone all day and had no idea she was at home suffering--she was fine when my dad stopped home to feed her earlier that night though.

For my other dog, Bou, the vet came to our house when we put him down. It was nice because the whole family was there and he was in a place he was comfortable in. It sucked though because I had cheer practice right after and I remember my coach yelling at me for not smiling during full outs :/

May I ask what kind of dog your last one was? So strange with the story of your first dog because that was the mirror image of mine. She was a miniature schnauzer as well(gray/black mix), 15, blind and deaf and just really miserable. She was very picky about those around her and unfortunately didn't always like me so I didn't have a true connection to her though and we put her down as we were moving across the country.

Our last dog, however, was one of the hardest experiences of my life. She was a golden retriever rescue and we had her since she was 9 months old. Just the sweetest thing in the world and loved everybody. She started to get really sick right after she turned 10 and couldn't keep any food down. They discovered she was suffering from kidney failure and there was nothing we could do. I bawled for 2 hours straight and my boyfriend has never had a pet so it was hard for him to understand how hard it was. It's honestly like losing a family member so I feel for you. I'm sure all of our amazing pets are up there at the best dog park ever just loving life! Prayers to you and your family!!
They were both schnauzers. My first was a salt and pepper mini and Chloe, was a black standard schnauzer. Thank you for the prayers!!

Goodness, I cry when I give back my foster babies to their forever homes. When we put down our cat, I was in Ireland so I didn't get to say goodbye :(

Speaking of cats, my new foster is currently hiding under my bed. But she's really cute and her name is Olive.

Goodness, I cry when I give back my foster babies to their forever homes. When we put down our cat, I was in Ireland so I didn't get to say goodbye :(

Speaking of cats, my new foster is currently hiding under my bed. But she's really cute and her name is Olive.
I could never foster pets. I'd want to keep all of them.

Any advice for buying pom poms? Is it worth it to buy expensive one's from Varsity, or are cheaper one's equally as good?
Based on what people are saying here.... you get what you pay for. If you typically go with Varsity for all of your other apparel, then it makes sense to go with them for poms.

When we put down our first Shiba "Kiki", 5 years ago, I was a mess for almost a week. FCD and I got her our first year of marriage to see if we were fit to raise anything LOL. We had her for almost 15 years. She was my first "baby". On another note, thanks for the reminder about the Powerball. I NEVER play, but think I will just for the fun of it. Good luck to everyone playing. :)

I'm a Registered Veterinary Technician & have to see animals euthanized almost daily. It's so sad & it never gets easier! Before we had kids we literally had a house full of pets no one wanted...3 legged dog & cat, blind cat, cat with cerebellar hypoplasia (this one was entertaining though, made her look drunk 24/7).

Back