OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Doubt it! It was in Chino Hills, not celebrity hang out [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be an assistant that lives there and works for someone and that someone had them pick up a ticket

The Golden Globes red carpet and Kim Kardashians tweet made me paranoid. Like y'all have enough already. Stop playing poor people's games

I'm just thankful I can finally pick up slurpies with waiting 20 minutes in line! And I'm sure there will be a lot of winners; those numbers are right in line with calendar days. We spent $12 and came out of it with $20 so I guess I'll treat myself to an extra special Starbucks LOL

I bet there will be a new TLC special on lottery winners since this Powerball has been so intense. I do find the lottery interesting. I just hope the money goes to good use and not to a private jet... or a whole hangar of them. There are so many non profits out there that could use help.

ETA: sorry it's such a long post!

So, I didn't put this in the brag thread because it isn't cheer related and I'm not really sure how many people are even going to understand the significance of this to me, but I feel like I just need to talk about it to people other than family and close friends. I have Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) and Dermatillomania (skin picking disorder). I pull out the hair on my head and eyelashes and pick at my lips. In addition to that I also have fairly severe anxiety. Last spring my anxiety and my Trichotillomania got so out of control that I was barely able to function at college (wasn't eating or sleeping, couldn't focus in class, was pulling out hair for hours each day...) and finish out the term. I went home in the summer and started therapy and though I made a lot of progress, I just was not ready to begin my junior year in the fall. I spent the fall focusing on recovery still.
So onto the good part,
I have not pulled out any hair on my head since November 6th, which was 68 days ago!! It has been a HUGE struggle still and I often find myself playing with the hairs on my head, but it's taking less and less effort to resist each day! I still have a small baldish patch on the left side of my head, but the little hairs are growing back and it is becoming less noticeable! My next goal is to work on the lip picking but I haven't made any progress with that yet.
Also, I started my junior year (I've been at school for a week and a half now) and so far so good! I am so thankful for the fantastic therapist I have back home who helped me to be able to use the tools she taught me whenever I feel the anxiety starting to get in the way. Additionally she helped me get to a point where I can finally believe in myself again.
Feeling proud of myself for the first time in years!

That is a huge accomplishment and something very difficult to live with each day! You should be so proud of yourself! Keep up the great work and feel free to post here or PM if you are ever feeling stressed if you think that would help! I am sure many of us would be happy to be a sounding board for you!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Back