OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I take physics as well. My teacher doesn't exactly teach, per say. It's more of a here's a lab set up, solve for this on your own. Then a multitude of worksheets, teach the class how you got this answer on the white board, here's a quiz that's a curveball on what you've been working on. What I don't like is that test corrections are worth 1/3 the credit, instead of the typical 1/2. I love sciences and they're usually my best subjects. I failed my last physics test, and I almost had a mental breakdown over it.
Are we in the same class?! Lmao. Because it sure seams like it, that's pretty much my teacher.

idk if your school does this or not butttttt..... my senior year i was going to fail algebra 2 and i just had to go talk to the principal and get a paper signed that let me fail and still graduate/go to college/not affect my GPA. i think it was basically like a "hey at least she tried" kinda thing lol
I don't think we have this. & even if we do, my principal hates me because cheer & there's no way she would ever do that for me. Especially not after she said to my face that she doesn't want me in her school anymore, she was speechless when I said go ahead send me to our rival school.. :)

I use to drink quite a bit of soda, and got daily headaches, my mom even took me to a doctor at one point because I was getting so many. Granted there were probably a lot of other factors but still. Now a days I hardly drink soda and don't get headaches nearly as much, I wanna say once a week now a days.[/QUOTE
It was a cycle I would go thru - drinking caffeine almost daily then getting a headache but thinking I needed more caffeine to get rid of it. Luckily, I decided to just stop drinking it for a few different reasons ( did get a period of withdrawal headaches) but held on and now feel much better not drinking it- especially with my migraines.

I don't think we have this. & even if we do, my principal hates me because cheer & there's no way she would ever do that for me. Especially not after she said to my face that she doesn't want me in her school anymore, she was speechless when I said go ahead send me to our rival school.. :)
What have you done to make her hate you so much?

Huh. It was Earth Science in 9th, biology in 10th, chem in 11th, and physics in 12th grade for us. We didn't have AP physics. You could take biology as a freshman I think - my younger sister and I ended up in the same bio class. But I don't remember how that affected the rest of her science studies. I think she took chem in 10th, and physiology (an elective) in 11th. But I could be wrong on that.

When I was in 8th grade, there were 3 algebra classes (honors) and all the other classes were pre-algebra. I then took geometry in 9th grade, algebra II in 10th grade, a weird hybrid of trig/pre-calc/calc 1 in 11th grade, and calc 1/calc 2 in 12th grade (AP Calc 2). We didn't have any AP classes until 11th grade, if I remember correctly. I didn't take any until my senior year.

My dad teaches in the same school system and he says all the classes are algebra in 8th grade now, so I guess they're all smarter.
Interesting. I know I am late on this discussion. But in SC you did physical science in 9th, biology in 10th (sometimes those were flip flopped) then 11th and 12th you had take two out of these three: physics, chemistry or anatomy. Personally I did anatomy in 11th and physics in 12th. This was the normal honors track. You switched it up if you were in IB. (You had physical science completed in middle school, bio in 9th, physics and chemistry in 10th, then went on to some more advanced classes like "Theory of Knowledge" and whatnot)

Also I hate math and I hate science, so physics was my worst nightmare. A combination of the two. I still shutter thinking about it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry what??¿?

Just read a horrible story about a 12 year old boy who committed suicide because he was teased by other kids for being a cheerleader :(

Interesting. I know I am late on this discussion. But in SC you did physical science in 9th, biology in 10th (sometimes those were flip flopped) then 11th and 12th you had take two out of these three: physics, chemistry or anatomy. Personally I did anatomy in 11th and physics in 12th. This was the normal honors track. You switched it up if you were in IB. (You had physical science completed in middle school, bio in 9th, physics and chemistry in 10th, then went on to some more advanced classes like "Theory of Knowledge" and whatnot)

Also I hate math and I hate science, so physics was my worst nightmare. A combination of the two. I still shutter thinking about it.

We did physical science in 8th. Biology in 9th. Chemistry in 10th. Then physics in 11th....unless you were me. If you were me, you took no science in 11th and took anatomy in 12th

We did physical science in 8th. Biology in 9th. Chemistry in 10th. Then physics in 11th....unless you were me. If you were me, you took no science in 11th and took anatomy in 12th
I knew better than to take physics by choice. It just fit in to my schedule better. The IB 10th graders made up about 85% of the class, and they tutored the 6 or so seniors in there. We did a bunch of labs and group work and instead of grouping up all together we broke up into groups with the smart and motivated sophomores because we just didn't get it/didn't care anymore.

I knew better than to take physics by choice. It just fit in to my schedule better. The IB 10th graders made up about 85% of the class, and they tutored the 6 or so seniors in there. We did a bunch of labs and group work and instead of grouping up all together we broke up into groups with the smart and motivated sophomores because we just didn't get it/didn't care anymore.

My Anatomy class senior year consisted of chatting with Patty Swinton and a pig dissection. Besides getting sent to in school for telling a sub that she didn't need to speak to us like we were slow, I don't remember much else about it.

My Anatomy class senior year consisted of chatting with Patty Swinton and a pig dissection. Besides getting sent to in school for telling a sub that she didn't need to speak to us like we were slow, I don't remember much else about it.
Oh yes I took the option of writing a paper to get out of the dissections on her class. Not because I had anything against the dissections I just wanted to leave and go get Chick Fil A breakfast.

Back