OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@Mialovescheer I am SO very proud of you! As a mom of a son with Aspergers I know how hard it is to step outside of your routine and comfort zone. I love that you have found something that can help you to do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My younger brother has Aspergers, and while he's quite high functioning ( computer science major, smarter than I'll ever be) seeing him actually go to prom his senior year of high school almost had me in tears. He's done extremely well in college so far, taking multiple calc classes like it's nothing but getting through the one semester of required communications class was a struggle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Mialovescheer I am SO very proud of you! As a mom of a son with Aspergers I know how hard it is to step outside of your routine and comfort zone. I love that you have found something that can help you to do that!

Thank You! Having aspergers is not easy but Ive got a really good spirit and my mind is always set on getting the best out of life in my way. my routine has been messed up a bit lately but im working on getting back on track (Ive changed jobs with a new time scheduele to adjust to but ive managed fine so far. better than i thought.) I actually feel more satisfied and happy than i have in a really long time! So thank you for your kind words!

Last edited:
My younger brother has Aspergers, and while he's quite high functioning ( computer science major, smarter than I'll ever be) seeing him actually go to prom his senior year of high school almost had me in tears. He's done extremely well in college so far, taking multiple calc classes like it's nothing but getting through the one semester of required communications class was a struggle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He seems like such a good guy! The fact that he manages college is a really good thing. I didnt. But i did not get my diagnosis until i was 21. Im smart as well (sounding a little ego centric though) but my skills are in language, reading and writing. I can see that having a communicatins class can be a struggle and i hope he got through it ok. You sound like a proud big sister and that is exactly what he needs. Having a great support system makes everything easier even though he may not communicate it well (i give lectures about aspergers, can you tell?) I dont really have a good support system but i manage. Hoping he gets through college and gets a good job with understanding bosses!

Sorry for the double post. forgot to multi qoute.

MY BABY BROTHER JUST WON STATE BASKETBALL!!! Omg! Sure he didn't play a single second but he's the only freshman on varsity (with superstar Michael Porter) so it's to be expected, he usually only plays when they have a decent lead. But still OMG. Probably the most intense game I've seen, and only partially because it was my brother. Both our star players fouled out and the other team had two free throw shots with 2.5 seconds in the game. Nerve wracking to say the least!

Last edited:
Has anyone watched the family on ABC? What are your thoughts?
I just watched the first two episodes and I'm excited on where it's going. Idk if I believe if that's Adam or not.

Side note: I love Allison Pill (the blonde sister). I loved both of her characters in The Newsroom (RIP cancelled too soon) and In Treatment. I'm excited to get to watch her again in a new role.

Side note 2: I already hate the dad (although I don't think you're supposed to really like him). I'm like 100% over this trend of characters where the only interesting thing about them is that they cheat on their spouses.

I love it. It's shameless, it's soapy, it's got Matt Saracen, and the guy that plays the young Danny is quite attractive.*

*he's in his 20s guys, it's not creepy for me to say it.
I must admit the only reason I started it was because of Matt Saracen but now I'm hooked

I just watched the first two episodes and I'm excited on where it's going. Idk if I believe if that's Adam or not.

Side note: I love Allison Pill (the blonde sister). I loved both of her characters in The Newsroom (RIP cancelled too soon) and In Treatment. I'm excited to get to watch her again in a new role.

Side note 2: I already hate the dad (although I don't think you're supposed to really like him). I'm like 100% over this trend of characters where the only interesting thing about them is that they cheat on their spouses.
I don't think it's Adam, but why would this guy pretend to be him? I also think the sister is shady.

Back