OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
so i got most my hair chopped off the other day went from mid back length hair to long bob, but now im bored and want to dye it purple again.... decisions, decisions.

I just bought mine online through Ticketmaster when they released a new block for next year.

I still enter the lottery almost every day and a little part of me is convinced I'm going to win...until I get the email at 4:15 PM that says: "Unfortunately, you were not selected to receive tickets to the (insert date) 8:00 pm performance of HAMILTON.
Please try entering again for a future performance."
Persistence my friend, persistence.

I dream of the day, likely in 2024 or thereabouts, when I'm finally successful.

There are two bootlegs of the show that may or may not exist...

(I cant wait to see who the replacements for the originals are; I know they've had the 2nd Eliza understudy go on twice in the last two weeks.. And someone else was on for Burr yesterday too.)

I still think we need a Hamilthread.

I am hoping and praying that my parents are successful in getting me tickets for the Chicago shows as a birthday present. Til then, I will watch my bootleg and listen to the album for hours on end.

My family is going to Orlando in a few weeks and doing universal. We've only done Disney so we're kind of going in blind. Anyone have any favorite restaurants at or around Universal/City Walk that we should go to? We're also spending a day at Cocoa Beach so suggestions for restaurants there would be great too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theres a really good Tapas restaurant on international drive, I can't remember the name of it but it also has DELICIOUS Sangria (assuming you're old enough to drink).
@UCFKnights07 Do you know of the place i'm talking about? It's closer to the convention center, but if you're walking from there it's past señor frogs... Only memory I have of the location lol.

Theres a really good Tapas restaurant on international drive, I can't remember the name of it but it also has DELICIOUS Sangria (assuming you're old enough to drink).
@UCFKnights07 Do you know of the place i'm talking about? It's closer to the convention center, but if you're walking from there it's past señor frogs... Only memory I have of the location lol.
i have no idea i never go down to that area on my time off.

i do plan on waking up early tomorrow and going down to downtown orlando to purchase an orlandounited shirt (all funds go to the victims). ill probably force my husband to go with me, cause i can only imagine how bad parking will be with everything going on downtown currently.

City Walk has a lot of the chain restaurants like Margaritaville - the food isn't the greatest and it is over priced but the atmosphere is fun. Cowfish has good food but may not have something for everyone in the family. Emeril's has great food but is pricey. There are a lot of street vendor options if you don't want a true sit-down meal. Bubba Gump's has the best food and value IMO.
I personally like Universal/Islands of Adventure better than Disney as far as getting the best rides in one park. I hope you have a great time!

I really like Cowfish. It's new down there at City Walk but the original one is here in Charlotte.

i work within one of the citywalk restaurants. ill agree with everyone, citywalk food is pricey regardless of what restaurant you choose. everything that is slightly outside of universal property is pretty standard.
it would depend more on what kind of food you like, im mean theres everything from bar food, pizza, latin, sushi, burgers, etc.

Thanks everyone! Luckily everyone is old enough now that we can send our picky eaters (who also happen to be grumpy 15 year old boys) with some money to go elsewhere if they're being, well, picky. We are definitely going to try bubba gumps (per @quitthedrama and my mom's friends' Facebook suggestions) and me and my mom are really interested in cowfish so we're going to try to make that happen.
Any other universal tips are welcome! I CANNOT wait for the wizarding world of Harry Potter this is what I've been waiting for my whole life :cool:

There are two bootlegs of the show that may or may not exist...

(I cant wait to see who the replacements for the originals are; I know they've had the 2nd Eliza understudy go on twice in the last two weeks.. And someone else was on for Burr yesterday too.)
I still think we need a Hamilthread.

I am hoping and praying that my parents are successful in getting me tickets for the Chicago shows as a birthday present. Til then, I will watch my bootleg and listen to the album for hours on end.
If there is a link to the possibly existing bootleg I would not object to learning more about it....

My family is going to Orlando in a few weeks and doing universal. We've only done Disney so we're kind of going in blind. Anyone have any favorite restaurants at or around Universal/City Walk that we should go to? We're also spending a day at Cocoa Beach so suggestions for restaurants there would be great too!

Go to Coconuts on the Beach! It's an ocean side restaurant/bar. It's super chill, we went there after spending the day at Cocoa Beach

Go to Coconuts on the Beach! It's an ocean side restaurant/bar. It's super chill, we went there after spending the day at Cocoa Beach

just dont go on the weekend unless you like dealing with drunken college kids everywhere. ha, i love coconuts but i think ive officially hit that age where i now try and avoid that place during the weekend.

just dont go on the weekend unless you like dealing with drunken college kids everywhere. ha, i love coconuts but i think ive officially hit that age where i now try and avoid that place during the weekend.

Hahah I could see that being a big college hang out place!

So I am a late late bloomer on the whole Hamilton thing. I had not heard of it until I saw something on the Today show and then saw their performance on the Tony's. I immediately bought the soundtrack and have pretty much the whole thing memorized. I even looked up the original spoken work performance from 2009 at the White House. It looks like there will be tour this summer because they are showing Houston for the 2017 season.
The most amazing part of this show is the way it has renewed interest in the founding of our country. I had no idea that Alexander Hamilton was all of 19 when he became George Washington's right hand or that he was an orphan from the Caribbean. I guess I always assumed they were old English dudes...not orphaned, immigrant teenagers. I think my favorite songs right now are Right Hand man, Guns & Ships, Yorktown, and You'll Be Back. Honestly I live for that whole album right now.
Oh and I don't know if anyone here is into video games but this is the best game/Hamilton mashup I've seen:

Back