OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
In a word, yes. Fortunately, POTUS is always on point. Do you recall he uproar over President Clinton's expensive haircut given on Air Force One?
So is this a Clinton thing then?

Fortunately for men, suit/shirt/tie brand and the equivalent cost are not as easily recognizable as a designer jacket, suit, dress or handbag. So even if POTUS and his "on point" suits were handmade and cost more than Clinton's Chanel jacket (or whatever designer it was), we would not be able to pinpoint that so quickly.

So is this a Clinton thing then?
No. The dress is not flattering on her. Period. Maybe someone else could pull it off idk. Rand Paul was photographed wearing a scrub shirt tucked into khaki pants. A fashion misstep for sure noted by the press. So no, this is not a Clinton thing.

Last edited:
No. The dress is not flattering on her. Period. Maybe someone else could pull it off idk. Rand Paul was photographed wearing a scrub shirt tucked into khaki pants. A fashion misstep for sure noted by the press. So no, this is not a Clinton thing.

Fortunately shes running for the Presidency and not America's Next Top Model.

I am far from a Hillary supporter and the uproar and constant nitpicking about her appearance still irks my nerves.

Like I don't know why one would even bother to justify an obvious double standard. I've seen Hillary's coat-dress everywhere... and I'm sure I'd have to make an effort to find this Rand Paul fashion misstep you speak of

Fortunately shes running for the Presidency and not America's Next Top Model.

I am far from a Hillary supporter and the uproar and constant nitpicking about her appearance still irks my nerves.

Like I don't know why one would even bother to justify an obvious double standard. I've seen Hillary's coat-dress everywhere... and I'm sure I'd have to make an effort to find this Rand Paul fashion misstep you speak of
I am not attempting to justify a double standard - just saying the dress is unattractive and my opinion has nothing to do with the person wearing the dress. Your post clearly indicates a nerve was struck.

I am not attempting to justify a double standard - just saying the dress is unattractive and my opinion has nothing to do with the person wearing the dress. Your post clearly indicates a nerve was struck.

Clearly a nerve was struck if I clearly stated that the constant nitpicking "irks my nerves"

If you find her dress unattractive then don't you spend $12000 or however much and wear it.

But like I said she's running for the presidency. Focus on her politics. For anyone (and I'm speaking generally) to be distracted by an article of clothing is just simple minded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly a nerve was struck if I clearly stated that the constant nitpicking "irks my nerves"

If you find her dress unattractive then don't you spend $12000 or however much and wear it.

But like I said she's running for the presidency. Focus on her politics. For anyone (and I'm speaking generally) to be distracted by an article of clothing is just simple minded.

I disagree. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but clothing is important. I'm going to use a way off example to make my point... if she (or Trump for that matter) showed up in pajamas would we take their message as seriously as if they show up in a dress or suit? If you are distracted by the clothing (and yes, perhaps that is simple minded but it is human nature) then the message isn't going to come through as clearly. I lived it for years in the public eye. And while I agree that women get nitpicked more than guys (hey, we have more to choose from and too often a gray suit is just a gray suit in the public's eyes) the choices everyone makes do say something. Also what does the ultimate message convey? I think many find that kind of expenditure on clothing to be over the top and something we would expect from someone who might say "let them eat cake" while speaking to a crowd who can't even afford bread. Again, this isn't about Clinton or Trump or politics even. It is about human nature right or wrong.

I disagree. I'm not saying it is right or wrong but clothing is important. I'm going to use a way off example to make my point... if she (or Trump for that matter) showed up in pajamas would we take their message as seriously as if they show up in a dress or suit? If you are distracted by the clothing (and yes, perhaps that is simple minded but it is human nature) then the message isn't going to come through as clearly. I lived it for years in the public eye. And while I agree that women get nitpicked more than guys (hey, we have more to choose from and too often a gray suit is just a gray suit in the public's eyes) the choices everyone makes do say something. Also what does the ultimate message convey? I think many find that kind of expenditure on clothing to be over the top and something we would expect from someone who might say "let them eat cake" while speaking to a crowd who can't even afford bread. Again, this isn't about Clinton or Trump or politics even. It is about human nature right or wrong.

Sure. Clothing is important. Never said it wasn't. I prefer clothed people to naked people.

There's nothing "distracting" about the outfit. It's on par with what with later in life women wear. It's age appropriate. She's not here to build a fashion empire.

And we aren't talking about pajamas. We aren't talking about the message she conveyed in said outfit. We're focusing on her coat-dress and memefying it and putting it next to a 70s vacuum cleaner.

And yeah no. I won't be distracted by Hills clothing. I'm distracted by her pandering though [emoji1501]

b136c62ab8b99d0ee310b9c7b810296c.jpg

Because of the name on it.

**Urban dictionary may change the game for naming teams**

yeah, ill never get that about "high-end" fashion and restaurants. i dont get how something, that looks like a potato sack, can cost 12k or how a plain tie, that looks like it came off the jc penny rack, can cost $500 just cause of the name. same thing with $25 chicken caesar salads that come with one piece of microscopic chicken.

Sure. Clothing is important. Never said it wasn't. I prefer clothed people to naked people.

There's nothing "distracting" about the outfit. It's on par with what with later in life women wear. It's age appropriate. She's not here to build a fashion empire.

And we aren't talking about pajamas. We aren't talking about the message she conveyed in said outfit. We're focusing on her coat-dress and memefying it and putting it next to a 70s vacuum cleaner.

And yeah no. I won't be distracted by Hills clothing. I'm distracted by her pandering though [emoji1501]

b136c62ab8b99d0ee310b9c7b810296c.jpg

Lol! I think the price tag combined with style is what is distracting people. And there are many other professional less expensive options for the mature woman (lol... I can say that because while not as old as Hillary I am not too far off) ;)

Again, not fair men v women because guys are so much less frequently side eyed for their wardrobe choices (though Trump is often for his makeup colors LOL!)

ETA: My banner ads on here are now both about clothing... mens!

Do we evaluate the clothing choices of male politicians and question how much their suits, shirts and ties cost? Do we debate on their brand selection?
yes... this has, does and will happen. people will do this consciously or subconsciously, to people in general. any swindling political advisor will take that into consideration when trying to sway the minds of people.

2016 Presidential Candidates Clothing
Andy Burnham, Armani and the politics of men's suits - Telegraph
Ron Paul Style: Candidate’s Libertarian Fashion on 2012 Campaign Trail - The Daily Beast
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years -- NYMag

me, i don't care what politicians wear. it's (politics) all just an act, especially during campaigns. i posted that pic with no "judging a politician based on clothes" reason. she just happened to be the one wearing that thing.

Let's discuss how my sister has two orchestra seats for Hamilton and is planning on selling them -_-

Back