OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hypothetical question for you.

If your gym owner was arrested for kicking a dog, would you want to know about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd probably already know about it and my niece wouldn't be there. Animal abusers are crazy. If you'll kick a dog unprovoked and not in defense chances are you'll hit a kid, kill a person...whatever those studies show.

Side note, I pulled up to my moms house on Friday and animal patrol and the police were on her street. Two pitt bulls murdered Max, the neighborhood friendly Shih Tzu in cold blood. The pitts weren't supposed to be in the neighborhood and people had been calling animal control about it for months and they wouldn't take them even though they'd attacked someone's landscaper. It's was insane

I took Max's mom an orchid. Those dogs should have been kicked and I would have been okay with it. Except they'd prob rip your leg off.

I'd probably already know about it and my niece wouldn't be there. Animal abusers are crazy. If you'll kick a dog unprovoked and not in defense chances are you'll hit a kid, kill a person...whatever those studies show.

Side note, I pulled up to my moms house on Friday and animal patrol and the police were on her street. Two pitt bulls murdered Max, the neighborhood friendly Shih Tzu in cold blood. The pitts weren't supposed to be in the neighborhood and people had been calling animal control about it for months and they wouldn't take them even though they'd attacked someone's landscaper. It's was insane

I took Max's mom an orchid. Those dogs should have been kicked and I would have been okay with it. Except they'd prob rip your leg off.

Sorry about the shih tzu. That's awful.

Will the pits be euthanized now based on previous attack history?

I hate stories like this. I had a wonderful pit and then you get ones that are so violent, either through genetics or training/treatment. Pits generally get a bad wrap because of things like this.

That's so sad about Max. I hope something can be done about those dangerous dogs.

I hate stories like this. I had a wonderful pit and then you get ones that are so violent, either through genetics or training/treatment. Pits generally get a bad wrap because of things like this.

That's so sad about Max. I hope something can be done about those dangerous dogs.

ITA. It's sad what has been done to pits over the years, largely as a result of dogfighting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry about the shih tzu. That's awful.

Will the pits be euthanized now based on previous attack history?

I hope so. Those dogs were terrifying and should have never been in this neighborhood. One of her (my moms) neighbors had a granddaughter that was keeping it. And when this went down Friday afternoon (around the time middle schoolers were getting off the bus so it easily could have been a child) her grandfather sent my mom a Facebook message that straight up said "those dogs were trained to kill and loved the smell of blood and I didn't want them here" and that the granddaughter left without locking them up.

My mom is calling animal control Monday to find out the status of them. I hope they're put down

I'm okay with ownership of Pitts and other typical attack/protection dogs if you live in an environment where such a dog isn't a threat to others

I've learned from reading articles that the average pitt isn't going to attack a human unprovoked but chances are they will attack another dog because animals fight

However those dogs clearly would attack humans and I knew it was a matter of time before they killed someone or something. I was worried it would be our dog when he went out

They would also walk the dogs unleashed. The owner already had a 1000 fine for the dogs. It's just an awful mess that should have been prevented

Everyone on this street had called about the dogs at some point. One police officer said it would be okay to shoot them if they attacked

Hypothetical question for you.

If your gym owner was arrested for kicking a dog, would you want to know about it?

Yeah, I'd want to know. It shows a lack of impulse control and empathy. I prefer to keep those types of people away from my daughters.

NYC you have my sympathy...I can not get over the pure selfishness being displayed by this family.

Melania and Barron Trump Will Stay in New York Until He Finishes the School Year - ABC News

I don't mean any shade by this but coming from the perspective of an educator coupled with the fact we don't know much about Baron, but he very well may have some special needs (autism) that would cause it to be disruptive for him be pulled from school in the middle of the year. Which is none of our business.

But on the other hand he's privileged and wealthy and probably was like "eff y'all not going "

Who knows. Sucks for NYC tho

I don't mean any shade by this but coming from the perspective of an educator coupled with the fact we don't know much about Baron, but he very well may have some special needs (autism) that would cause it to be disruptive for him be pulled from school in the middle of the year. Which is none of our business.

But on the other hand he's privileged and wealthy and probably was like "eff y'all not going "

Who knows. Sucks for NYC tho

I don't see that as throwing shade. Given Trump's rants about vaccines it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the spectrum or had something similar going on. That said, perhaps this is something they should have considered beforehand. The amount of money being wasted to keep details up in 2 places, while continuing to screw traffic in NYC is selfish imo. Can you imagine if Obama pulled a stunt like this? Republicans would have slaughtered him.

I don't see that as throwing shade. Given Trump's rants about vaccines it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the spectrum or had something similar going on. That said, perhaps this is something they should have considered beforehand. The amount of money being wasted to keep details up in 2 places, while continuing to screw traffic in NYC is selfish imo. Can you imagine if Obama pulled a stunt like this? Republicans would have slaughtered him.

I have stayed quiet til now-- but I'm sorry-- faulting a family for doing what they think is best for their child is the most uncaring comment anyone can make. I don't care what your political affiliation is, but you do what's best for your kids.

How many military families decide to have one parent stay behind until the end of the school year? Many families do this.

I wish my parents hadn't moved me mid year when I was 9. I had anxiety and stomach issues and it sucked!

GTFO all this crap and focus on something that might truly make a difference in the world.

Last edited:
I have stayed quiet til now-- but I'm sorry-- faulting a family for doing what they think is best for their child is the most uncaring comment anyone can make. I don't care what your political affiliation is, but you do what's best for your kids.

How many military families decide to have one parent stay behind until the end of the school year? Many families do this.

I wish my parents hadn't moved me mid year when I was 9. I had anxiety and stomach issues and it sucked!

GTFO all this crap and focus on something that might truly make a difference in the world.

ITA. He is being crucified for something that anyone else would be applauded for.

Back