OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
legitmix.com is down and it puts me in a difficult situation. I can't buy the mix I used to train my athletes and we compete in a month.

"/$%?&*()

ETA: I am very angry. It means it will be impossible for small school teams like us who don't compete in the US to get a reasonably priced mix for 4 competitions.

There are a few mixers on the boards, can any of them help you at all?

**Quietly waiting to let the dogs out**

I doubt anyone will mix for 100 C$... because that's all we have.

We used CheerSounds.com at my school. They have pre-made mixes starting at $79US for a 2 min mix. You can add on voiceovers, sound effects, etc. for more money, but it could be a start for you. It worked well for my kids, cos we didn't have a lot for music either

We used CheerSounds.com at my school. They have pre-made mixes starting at $79US for a 2 min mix. You can add on voiceovers, sound effects, etc. for more money, but it could be a start for you. It worked well for my kids, cos we didn't have a lot for music either
Thank you. I'll take a look at it and see if one fits with our routine.

Speaking of colleges...if a school sends your child one of their generic mailers/emails encouraging them to get more information from the school does it mean they are potentially within range of their usual applicants? Or is it completely insignificant?

I have gotten over 200 different letters and post cards in the last three years from colleges ranging from community colleges to Brown and Stanford. My counselor said that often times following ACT, PSAT and AP testing colleges can get your information. I have held on to all of them however, just to look back at it now that I have chosen my school.

Two thumbs up for Dear Evan Hansen. If you're planning on being in NYC later this year, buy tickets now!

Speaking of colleges...if a school sends your child one of their generic mailers/emails encouraging them to get more information from the school does it mean they are potentially within range of their usual applicants? Or is it completely insignificant?

Late but I would say it gives a good hint at what schools are within reach. If you haven't expressed interest in X College and after the standardized test, X College starts emailing you, it means you're a student who probably has a chance. Almost every school I ended up applying to emailed me during my sophomore/junior years and I got in. They look at scores and send you info based on scores, and any other demographic information they can get from College Board.

Late but I would say it gives a good hint at what schools are within reach. If you haven't expressed interest in X College and after the standardized test, X College starts emailing you, it means you're a student who probably has a chance. Almost every school I ended up applying to emailed me during my sophomore/junior years and I got in. They look at scores and send you info based on scores, and any other demographic information they can get from College Board.

Yeah, I certainly didn't apply to all the schools that mailed me information, but I didn't get denied from a single one that recruited me that I actually applied to. There was a good balance of back-ups, first choices, and reach schools.

A few recruited straight through my guidance counselors, some offering me full or near-full scholarships based on my SAT scores, but those were obviously more rare occurrences.

Yeah, I certainly didn't apply to all the schools that mailed me information, but I didn't get denied from a single one that recruited me that I actually applied to. There was a good balance of back-ups, first choices, and reach schools.

A few recruited straight through my guidance counselors, some offering me full or near-full scholarships based on my SAT scores, but those were obviously more rare occurrences.

I don't test well so I got a lot of emails from some very small schools. But it also inspired me to apply to some schools I wouldn't think of.

I'm certain college board sends info once you tell them what schools you're interested in because I got some from my favorite schools after I put them in.

Is there anyone on here from CheerVille that could send me their competition schedule? I know I've seen a couple but can't remember exactly who. I'm looking to move to the area probably this summer and want to see if I can watch y'all compete before then!

I mean, we've only been waiting a year or so... The only downside is they'll probably be more expensive than the regular stuff. But non-dairy ice cream and sorbets are usually no cheaper than $7 for a 500ml container.

True, but my lactose intolerant husband will be happy.

Back