OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Hey does anyone have a copy of To Kill A Mockingbird at home that would be willing to take a picture of the overview on the back/inside flap and DM (or just reply here) to me? For my design class we have to re-design a book cover and I can't find a good overview for To Kill A Mockingbird online anywhere. There are full summaries or like "this book won a Pulitzer Prize" type summaries but not the legit overview anywhere lol.

ac933f99468d2d00fc4cef292e3d1946.jpg

Hope this isn't huge!

The official mobile device of the Khalessi

That's awesome! We did it as a regular project but our professor picked all of our books for us. She picked like wicked obscure books, too. I totally feel ya though, they are so much work. For our project we were assigned two books by the same author and we had to make them look like they belonged in a set. She assigned everyone but me fiction books. I got a book about The Chaos Theory and a book about how the way we spread information has evolved... And she made us buy some books, measure the dust jackets, print the designs out and actually put them on the book to photograph. It felt impossible. Even just coming up with the designs. They turned out great though!

Have you watched the TED talk with Chip Kidd? He's a famous book cover designer and he definitely transformed the way I went about designing them. He's most known for designing the Jurassic Park cover that eventually became the well known T-Rex graphic for the movie. I totally recommend watching it when you have time! And he's great at talking so it doesn't drag on. I'd love to see how your cover turns out!! Good luck :)
Aww that sucks that you got a crappy book! We have to print it out and put them on the book too, which I'm not totally looking forward to.

Ooo no, I haven't, but I'll have to go watch that sometime! Thanks, if I remember when it's all done then I'll totally post a picture :)

Who is he?

My niece is over and explained and listening to a 9 year old get excited and explain something...meh

She was like he has 3838 brothers with R names.

So in My head he's now a Duggar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He used to be on glee and is in a bad with 3 of his siblings and a close family friend. he also has another brother (i think)

Community is back, and all I can see is the familiar "This content is not available in your country" message.

Would the Hola Unblocker (I think that's its name) browser extension be a way around that?

It can trick Netflix into thinking I'm in Canada so maybe it can trick Yahoo into thinking you're in the US.

My college is in the NCAA tournament for the first time! Tomorrow we play Robert Morris and if we win go on to play Duke!
I hope you win tomorrow but whoever wins I hope they beat Duke! lolol
Good luck and have a blast cheering (I think I remember you said you cheer for college)!

Does anybody have any advice on how to sublease an apartment for the summer? I will most likely be studying abroad this summer and would rather put my rent money towards that/traveling than for a place I won't even be living. I was going to talk to my landlady to make sure it's approved, make sure my roommate doesn't have an issue with it, and then ask around/post an ad on Craigslist. I just want to get it figured out that way I can save more money this summer.

Does anybody have any advice on how to sublease an apartment for the summer? I will most likely be studying abroad this summer and would rather put my rent money towards that/traveling than for a place I won't even be living. I was going to talk to my landlady to make sure it's approved, make sure my roommate doesn't have an issue with it, and then ask around/post an ad on Craigslist. I just want to get it figured out that way I can save more money this summer.
Craigslist is a great tool as long as you're smart about it. The last two places I've lived I found on Craigslist, one of which was a sublease and one was a full term lease. You can generally tell the "sketchy" listings right away, always try to friend the roommate or contact person on a social media site, you can tell a lot about them from that. (aka making sure they aren't a Catfish) Then meet them out in a public place, like a restaurant or for coffee. Then schedule a later time to go check out the apartment, and bring somebody with you. Like I said, it's worked out well for me twice in a row now, but you can never been too careful of course.

76bd78709aedb98f6d44893380cedc1f.jpg

Am I the only one who plays the zig zag game

... I'm addicted

Kijiji.com !

@RobinSparkles

Did you figure out how to watch them?

The only thing I hate is that the new episodes come out at midnight PST, that's 3 AM for me. Luckily I'm on spring break this week!! haha

Yayyyyyyy so happy I'm back working in the bank!! I resigned last January because they treated me like crap so I didn't want to stay at the branch but I just got back in and start tomorrow!! :)

So yesterday I got a temporary handicap parking pass from my school because of my boot and the fact parking is literally nonexistent near any of my classes for the pass I usually have... and I can't walk or be on it a lot unless I get really, really sharp pains. I was told I could park anywhere in white and green lots. Today, I parked in a handicap spot in a white lot. I came out to my car being towed and a $200 ticket. Apparently I can't park in handicap spots. I feel like anyone would just assume that a handicap pass means you could park in a spot? It wasn't explained to me and now I have a ticket, plus the $40 it took to get my car back off the tow truck. It was an honest mistake and I'm so upset because I don't have the $ to pay my ticket. The guy I talked to who gave me the ticket was really, really rude, and so was the lady in the parking services office.

Back