OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have had such a horrible day...my power went out in the middle of the night, so my alarm didn't go off this morning. I woke up a half hour late and then my car wouldn't start, so I was over 20 minutes late to school. Then in my 2nd class, my teacher assigned two essays due tomorrow, on top of a huge test we have. I misunderstood when the teacher assigned the reading for the test, so I just realized that I actually have another 200 pages to read tonight. I don't have a great grade in the class because I bombed our last test, so I have to get an A on this one. We also have an AP test prep packet due tomorrow that I haven't quite finished. My gov teacher also decided to assign a 1o page packet and a chapter outline due tomorrow and just sent us an email about the assignment now.

On top of that, I have a scholarship application due tomorrow. I finished my portion about a month ago, but the scholarship board just informed me that one of my teachers hasn't submitted my recommendation. I went to speak to him about it today because they said they've been sending out email reminders to him, but there's no activity. Apparently he forgot the due date (I asked him last month) and never received any of the emails from the scholarship board. He blew up and starting yelling at me for saving it until the last minute, even though I was very politely explaining to him that I was never aware that he hadn't received any of the emails. He didn't really listen to me, dropped a few f-bombs, and told me to leave his class. He did agree to do it tonight, though, so I guess that's good. I emailed the scholarship board and left a message on their answering machine explaining the situation and asking if he could get a day or two extension. I also emailed him and explained again that I had no idea he wasn't getting contact from them. I know he was probably just upset with the situation, but especially considering the day I've had, being yelled at that badly by my favorite teacher was a really crappy feeling and I had a bit of a crying mental/emotional breakdown after that.

Sorry for the extremely long rant. I just had to get all that out...
Man, your day makes mine sound like a stroll through the park...I got my first detention ever today because my teacher said "no talking or detention" and when a classmate (who sits 3 seats away from me-and 2 of those people weren't even there) asked about taking a grade on the study guide we were going over in class today, I told him he took a completion grade on it yesterday (when he wasn't there because he had to leave for his baseball game) and then I mumbled to myself something like "oh yeah, he left." I didn't think it would be a problem since it wasn't like I was yelling to the opposite corner of the classroom and I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking. I doubt anyone except the teacher and the two people sitting behind me heard me either (including the guy I was talking to). So then he tells us "I'm writing down names of people who talk." And at the end of class he started handing out "infraction" slips (his discipline system is warning, these infraction slips, and then detention) and he says to the class "if I gave you a slip, I need to talk to you" so the people that didn't get one file out and there are 11 of us waiting. So now tomorrow morning I have to go talk to my principal to see if I can move it to sometime that isn't directly after school and conflicting with softball...the day started out so promising too. The juniors in my French class had to do testing, so when our French teacher said "shall we read?" All of us just replied "nooo" so we sat and talked for the whole class. Which is why my French teacher is one of my favorite teachers...my science teacher on the other hand...[emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had such a horrible day...my power went out in the middle of the night, so my alarm didn't go off this morning. I woke up a half hour late and then my car wouldn't start, so I was over 20 minutes late to school. Then in my 2nd class, my teacher assigned two essays due tomorrow, on top of a huge test we have. I misunderstood when the teacher assigned the reading for the test, so I just realized that I actually have another 200 pages to read tonight. I don't have a great grade in the class because I bombed our last test, so I have to get an A on this one. We also have an AP test prep packet due tomorrow that I haven't quite finished. My gov teacher also decided to assign a 1o page packet and a chapter outline due tomorrow and just sent us an email about the assignment now.

On top of that, I have a scholarship application due tomorrow. I finished my portion about a month ago, but the scholarship board just informed me that one of my teachers hasn't submitted my recommendation. I went to speak to him about it today because they said they've been sending out email reminders to him, but there's no activity. Apparently he forgot the due date (I asked him last month) and never received any of the emails from the scholarship board. He blew up and starting yelling at me for saving it until the last minute, even though I was very politely explaining to him that I was never aware that he hadn't received any of the emails. He didn't really listen to me, dropped a few f-bombs, and told me to leave his class. He did agree to do it tonight, though, so I guess that's good. I emailed the scholarship board and left a message on their answering machine explaining the situation and asking if he could get a day or two extension. I also emailed him and explained again that I had no idea he wasn't getting contact from them. I know he was probably just upset with the situation, but especially considering the day I've had, being yelled at that badly by my favorite teacher was a really crappy feeling and I had a bit of a crying mental/emotional breakdown after that.

Sorry for the extremely long rant. I just had to get all that out...
I'm giving you an e-hug right now. Your teacher sounds disgusting.

And yeah, I don't get hurt easily by things, but getting yelled at by anyone other than my mom makes me want to cry. When my mom yells at me my blood pressure just rises.

All I can think about (now that worlds is over) Is going to IMATS this fall.. Someone who likes cosmetics and is Canadian please go with me to the Toronto one.... (I have no friends that like make up) :(
Hmm I didn't know IMATS was even in canada. Hmmmmmm

I'm giving you an e-hug right now. Your teacher sounds disgusting.

And yeah, I don't get hurt easily by things, but getting yelled at by anyone other than my mom makes me want to cry. When my mom yells at me my blood pressure just rises.
Thank you.
He's usually really nice- very strict, but always nice. He's one of our baseball coaches and I know there's a ton of drama going on there right now, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's just really stressed about that right now. Doesn't excuse how he reacted, but gives me a bit of reason behind it. Maybe?...idk...

Man, your day makes mine sound like a stroll through the park...I got my first detention ever today because my teacher said "no talking or detention" and when a classmate (who sits 3 seats away from me-and 2 of those people weren't even there) asked about taking a grade on the study guide we were going over in class today, I told him he took a completion grade on it yesterday (when he wasn't there because he had to leave for his baseball game) and then I mumbled to myself something like "oh yeah, he left." I didn't think it would be a problem since it wasn't like I was yelling to the opposite corner of the classroom and I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking. I doubt anyone except the teacher and the two people sitting behind me heard me either (including the guy I was talking to). So then he tells us "I'm writing down names of people who talk." And at the end of class he started handing out "infraction" slips (his discipline system is warning, these infraction slips, and then detention) and he says to the class "if I gave you a slip, I need to talk to you" so the people that didn't get one file out and there are 11 of us waiting. So now tomorrow morning I have to go talk to my principal to see if I can move it to sometime that isn't directly after school and conflicting with softball...the day started out so promising too. The juniors in my French class had to do testing, so when our French teacher said "shall we read?" All of us just replied "nooo" so we sat and talked for the whole class. Which is why my French teacher is one of my favorite teachers...my science teacher on the other hand...[emoji35]

Aww I'm sorry. My friend was just given her first detention for a really similar situation so I get how much that blows. Hopefully you can get it worked out!

Wow I'm sorry for everyone that had a terrible day!
But our yearbooks arrived and we're revealing them on Friday at the assembly and I cannot wait! I've been doing it for years but being EIC is completely different from being a staff member or even sports editor because you have so much more responsibility and ownership of the book. I can't wait for everyone to have "my" yearbook in their hands! I absolutely love our cover, I'll post a pic once I get a book in my hands! We have to wait until zero hour Friday to look through the book as a class and it's actually killing me.
Also we had a really awesome Gifted/Talented program in elementary school (which sucks once you graduate 5th grade but that's beside the point) and we are having our senior reunion tomorrow! [emoji38] we get to open the letters we wrote to ourselves each year and see our old beloved teachers and it's gonna be amazing.

Aww I'm sorry. My friend was just given her first detention for a really similar situation so I get how much that blows. Hopefully you can get it worked out!

I hope so! He's just a brand new teacher and then I got home and got a letter from this leadership program I applied for and I was rejected, so everything has just been piled on me today. I hope tomorrow is better for you though!

I hope so! He's just a brand new teacher and then I got home and got a letter from this leadership program I applied for and I was rejected, so everything has just been piled on me today. I hope tomorrow is better for you though!

Usually when everything seems to be going wrong for me, it just means that something super awesome is coming my way. I bet that's what's happening with you, just wait it out!

Usually when everything seems to be going wrong for me, it just means that something super awesome is coming my way. I bet that's what's happening with you, just wait it out!
I really hope so right now. That would be ideal. This week is also my first week back from a knee injury that sidelined me for 2 weeks. Next week is seeming like it'll be really good, because we have 4 games and the one day we don't have a game we have honors night and one of those days is my birthday, which is also this thing we do called Aloha Day, which is kind of like our spirit day where we go play class vs class vs class vs class games, except for spirit day we don't go to any classes, we just play games in the morning and then have our parade and get dismissed early. Aloha Day we have our morning classes, then an amazing lunch (it's probably my favorite of the entire year) and then we play games for the entire afternoon. So I mean, that day specifically is kind of set up to be amazing, especially considering the fact that I'll be coming in around 2nd hour from getting my license, but who knows. I really hope that's it

Do you know if the roku has an app for Spotify? I know that the Apple TV doesn't have an app but it can be streamed through AirPlay or something. And do you know if it has a Google play app? Sorry for all the questions [emoji28]

It's totally fine I'm happy to answer! Yes to spotify and they have google play for movies and tv.

ETA: I saw that so many people answered whoops I'm late!

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with daith piercings? I got mine done today and it didn't hurt to bad. I did the warm soak and cleaned it but then I moved it and I'm not sure if I was supposed to because now it hurts. Sos

Hoping the same for you!

Back