OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Our GPA's are on a 4.0 scale with a 5.0 in AP and a few Honors classes. Valedictorians just have to maintain a 4.0. My school is highly competitive and our class average is a 3.75 the last time I checked, so there's definitely a ton of people who qualify. Out of the 6 people in my immediate friend group, myself and one other person are the only ones who aren't above a 4.0. I agree though that it should just be the person with the overall highest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignore

While we are on the subject of "everyone gets a trophy."

My best friend teaches at a neighboring district.

They eliminated class rankings (and only provide ranking info privately to kids as it pertains to college apps.) They have no publicized top 10, valedictorian, etc.

Instead, they have a Top Scholar banquet for every student with above a 3.2.

They eliminated class rankings (and only provide ranking info privately to kids as it pertains to college apps.) They have no publicized top 10, valedictorian, etc.

A 3.2 is a B. :confused:

"Here's an award for being average, congrats."

Reactions: Ems

My district eliminated class rankings too. They have it but won't publicize it, so I have no idea who the 26 people above me are but I know I'm 27th because she had to tell me for a scholarship. Valedictorians are just 4.0s. They also eliminated honors English and studies because they claim that honors was a status symbol, but you can contract for honors and get a crap ton of busy work for no reward since GPAs aren't weighted, or you can take an AP class that you're not going to do well in if you truly belong in honors.

Just found out I've been walking on a fractured foot for almost 6 months. But my physical therapist mom insisted I was exaggerating. Why does my life suck this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm doing a physics project on cheerleading and am not sure if my calculations are right... Does 2.7 meters from release or about 17 feet from the ground sound about right for a basket? Technically I'm using GB's basket on Blink but I feel like she's higher than that but maybe I just don't know measurements

This burns me up...Why our academic scholars are always given the shaft...Our academic scholars should be recognized, just as much as we fall all over ourselves and announce our athletes and their performances...
This reminds me of this young man(AA) from my poor urban school district won a full 4 year scholarship to attend Philip Exeter HS, a prominent boarding school and no PA announcement or write ups about this great achievement was made in the newspaper, nothing! This young man told me himself, in a hush, hush way, like it was suppose to be a big secret... When I may a big deal about it and wrote it in so the school will applaud this young man's achievements in the next day school announcements... The Principal called me down and told me that TPTB, did not want this news to get out because they did not want the community know that young people are leaving the community schools, crazy! Why is it okay for outsiders to think our schools are failing and our young people cannot pass State Assessments?

All in all, I think we should have equal coverage- academic scholars and our athletes alike...

Back