OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
you and @gofriars610 tweets made me turn it on midway through. DH and CP were like wth are you watching but after the first 5 minutes we were all hooked (DH had some great commentary). Those kids must read the dictionary for 6 hours a day since birth. Gokul was my favorite - especially the last word. They tried to make it all pressure filled and dramatic with the "you have to get this word right" and bringing Vanya up to stand near him and they give him the word and BOOM. I didn't even hear him spell it and had to rewind to see it.
Looking forward to next year's #spellingbee party!
I seriously love it! I look forward to it every year. This year was a showdown between two powerhouse veteran kids which was awesome. I don't think either one of them would have faltered for at least a few more hours. Last year there was a lot more drama with it being the first time in 50 years they actually ran out of words and declared co-champs. Makes me think they will expand the championship list now that the top kids are getting so far ahead of the pack.

Gokul was awesome and I remember him from past years. Love that he wears his Lebron jersey and Jordans :cool:. I was #TeamVanya because I've been creepily following her for a few years and she is just so cute and sweet. Both of them are regularly in the finals so it's so interesting to watch them from year to year. Usually I'm annoyed by a tie by I was actually genuinely happy for them because they both really deserved it.

I also think it interests me because I am legitimately a terrible speller. Ex. I had to spell check approximately six words in this post before sending.

I won my class spelling bee in second grade. I got my picture in the local small town paper. I spelled PRIZE to clutch the win. That is as far as I got - but, my parents were proud :)

I won my class spelling bee in second grade. I got my picture in the local small town paper. I spelled PRIZE to clutch the win. That is as far as I got - but, my parents were proud :)
They mentioned last night how 30 years ago the word "luge" won. LUGE! Compared to the stuff they spell now that I'm convinced they make up on the spot.

I never even made it past my class spelling bee, so props to you. My friend did though, and made it to the school bee, where she panicked and spelled "cookie" with a k, "k-o-o-k-i-e", and got eliminated. But she went on to Vandy med school so I'd say it all worked out for her lol

They mentioned last night how 30 years ago the word "luge" won. LUGE! Compared to the stuff they spell now that I'm convinced they make up on the spot.

I never even made it past my class spelling bee, so props to you. My friend did though, and made it to the school bee, where she panicked and spelled "cookie" with a k, "k-o-o-k-i-e", and got eliminated. But she went on to Vandy med school so I'd say it all worked out for her lol
I made it to the school spelling bee twice... I got 2nd on a hard word and then the winning word was technology! I was so mad :oops:

I made it to the school spelling bee twice... I got 2nd on a hard word and then the winning word was technology! I was so mad :oops:
Someone on twitter last night tweeted about how they made it to their county one, spelled their hard word correctly (I forgot what it was) but forgot to say-spell-repeat so they got eliminated. Bummer.

Someone on twitter last night tweeted about how they made it to their county one, spelled their hard word correctly (I forgot what it was) but forgot to say-spell-repeat so they got eliminated. Bummer.
I've always hated that rule

Being from England, the whole 'spelling bee in real life rather than just in American movies'- thing has completely gone over my head. Just did a little bit of internet creeping (It's been a long day, please don't judge!) and found this: Top 10 Funniest Moments in Spelling Bee History | Bleacher Report
Number one genuinely had me in tears, that would definitely be me if I ever won anything on TV haha.

Is it bad I knew what number one was going to be before I even clicked?

So my family is considering moving. I have always been terrified to leave bc I have grown up here and my family is here BUT our area has no good opportunities when it comes to employment. My mom just passed away and I feel like it's now or never. I'm terrified but excited all at the same time. I guess this is just an emotional time for me. Ughhhh!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ej8jkx.jpg

My ring came in today!!! So beautiful. Thanks eBay!

Also 10 days until basic training!!

I leave Wales on Monday morning so I'm currently packing up what I wont need for the next four days (my flight is on Tuesday) and its just so depressing. I said bye to a ton of people today and even though we were all from America its going to be difficult to visit and it just sucks.

I'M SO HEARTBROKEN.

I hit up Chandler Jones on snapchat a long time ago and he added me to his friends list. We had plans to chill in Boston on Monday. He sent me a video this morning singing. I opened it and then opened a snap from my brother and tried to screen shot it, it took too long and just screen shotted my recent snaps. And of course Chandler Jones gets a notification, gets mad and blocks me. WHY WHY WHY.

Ugh. It's probably best anyway, but he is one of my favorite players :(

There's a Harry Potter Marathon on ABC family right now!! Definitely not doing anything for the rest of the day

ETA: PLL is still going on? Have they revealed who A is? I'm guessing not lol.

Also, does anybody have any passport wallets or holders to recommend? I've been looking around online, but I'm mainly looking for one that can fit in a pocket and can hold a boarding pass as well.

I like this one, but if anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back